• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1126 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
zero2

Easy-To Implement Treasure Drop Variation Reply to this Post

I'm curious about this one: a Treasure Drop variation in which points are bad--the player with the most points at the end of round 4 loses.

I don't think it would drastically change the strategy (at least among the high-end players...); you're still trying to arrange the board so that your opponent is forced into giving you the better position. If anything, it might require greater foresight than regular Treasure Drop. But I would like to play this way to try it out (or hear from devs who have).
[Jul 15, 2005 9:26:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Re: Easy-To Implement Treasure Drop Variation Reply to this Post

That doesn't require code changes to playtest, and I'd be happy to play you a few games to see if it's fun.
[Jul 15, 2005 9:45:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

I usually end up having the least amount of points until round 4, where by then I've forced faked and double faked people so I can get the sides.

It definately would force some interesting strategies.

BTW... If this kind of game were implimented, it must be clearly recognisable that the comp is different.
----------------------------------------
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Jul 15, 2005 11:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MasterDinada

Liz, I'd be happy to play a few games with you also if you want to test it out some because this sounds interesting to me and I want to try it. Just let me know if you want to play. I'm Dinadan on the Midnight ocean.
----------------------------------------
I'm having a little trouble figuring out this signature thing...
[Jul 15, 2005 12:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates