• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 529 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
syncopic1235

Connection issue Reply to this Post

can someone please let me know what to do in this case?
"The application has failed to launch due to the following error: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect"
[Feb 8, 2021 12:35:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Connection issue Reply to this Post

Do you have any kind of Internet lockdown feature on your antivirus that might be blocking outgoing connections?

What kind of operating system are you on?

Have you installed both 32-bit and 64-bit Java as recommended?
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Feb 8, 2021 7:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
syncopic1235

i alllowed it through the firewall and still same thing. yes i did install both and still same thing (on 64bit) btw
[Feb 18, 2021 7:16:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

It appears that this article may be relevant.

However, I am rusty, and I cannot recall whether there is a place to add Java command-line options as demonstrated in the Minecraft-related article above. Alternatively, you may need to disable your IPv6 stack at the OS level. This is not stuff for beginners. I am curious why it happens to you in particular.

You may be able to pull this off by following the instructions under "Set Java to always use ‘-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true’". Let us know how you fare.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Feb 19, 2021 5:34:54 AM]
[Feb 19, 2021 5:08:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
syncopic1235

it worked mate. much appreciated.
[Feb 19, 2021 11:17:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

it worked mate. much appreciated.

smile yay!
[Feb 19, 2021 8:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates