• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 465 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Cahooga

Automatons could save this game

I think it would be great if you made Automaton Jobbers as items to purchase.

I'd bet at least 80 per cent of the pirates out there would buy a Master level Gunning Bot at the ole Iron Monger for a few dubs. Heck, they'd probably step it up to a GM level for a few more dubs. When you can't find people to sail, just buy a Sailing Automaton.

They could even degrade like rowboat kits or swords/bludgeons.

This would help more pirates be able to pillage. I would also help SMH's fill faster, which would mean we'd get more players. I think the waiting around causes people to lose interest.

Best of all... I bet the purchase of Dubs would increase ; )

I mean, it's still a business, right.
[Jan 22, 2021 9:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

Re: Automatons could save this game

Scottays is that you? :)

Also, buying a "robot" like an item from a store doesn't really fit well with the theme of this game. The game no longer allows animals to be stored in wardrobes, so I'm not sure how I would feel about stuffing Timid Katherine in my inventory...

As I'm sure you will find from searching the "skilled swabbies" threads on the forum, there has already been a lot of debate about this.
----------------------------------------
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by nate3990 at Jan 23, 2021 1:39:24 AM]
[Jan 23, 2021 1:38:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eryuaryu

Is like hiring swab for stalls? let say we use the concept of hiring swab in this case for stalls, we are able to hire 2 swabs(workers) that can generate basic or skilled labor. This might be useful for people especially for those people to make stuff in oceans like meridian or other ocean which have limited active players.

Would this be a viable option to put in the game?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinion :3
[Jan 24, 2021 12:53:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Paying for skilled swabbies or NPPs:
Ships (Idea Links):Swabbies:Pay PoE for:Skilled

Though if these automatons can be utilized beyond one ship's single voyage, then that's more like the following proposal:
Ships (Idea Links):Swabbies:Personal/virtual pirates

eryuaryu wrote: 
Is like hiring swab for stalls?

That's been proposed
Labor (Idea Links):Supplied by NPPs
[Jan 24, 2021 1:19:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates