• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 451 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Darkshdwguy

Kraken trinkets Reply to this Post

Not sure if this has been brought up before or not.
I would like to see a new use for kraken trinkets like a kraken purse somewhat like the greedy purse .
Turn like 150 trinkets to get a purse that gives a chance to win PoE or a tan fam :ie octo or krakling.
[Jan 10, 2021 8:55:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

Re: Kraken trinkets Reply to this Post

I think they could add new items or furniture to redeem for, but I definitely disagree with PoE. Kraken hunts are already a massive influx of PoE compared to other SMHs, and it doesn't need any more PoE.

They also could come up with more things for CI and Atlantean trinkets too - both of those are arguably more important to find a use for than Kraken trinkets since KH is substantially more profitable than either Ci or Atlantis.
----------------------------------------
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Jan 10, 2021 9:43:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

+1 for more to do with KH trinkets, also agree with nate's "no poe", as KH does indeed have enough of that.

As of right now, there are 6 things you can trade CI or atlantis trinkets for, but only one for the KH ones (the tattoo clothing).

More things to do with any kind of trinket would be amazing (am personally biased towards CI, because I do that too much) but KH trinket tradeins are definitely lacking in options.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jan 11, 2021 2:50:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

That's a good point, I forgot about the other few extras like chromas. To make things equivalent, I guess they could add an inky chroma to the trading post for Kraken trinkets, or some sort of Kraken-class ship that's permanently available on the SW (although we all know the chance of that is very low considering new LE ships have stopped being made).

In terms of PoE/value of trinkets, if we take a look at CI/Atlantis as a whole (rewards from the trip + trinket value of redeemable rewards), it is still considerably lower than KH (even considering the KH trinkets are currently useless).
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Jan 11, 2021 9:22:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darkshdwguy

What I was saying is at the trading post each Kraken trinket is valued at an avg. of 14076 poe so 20 is roughly 218000 to buy a tat design that starts out 50000. I have 113 trinket right now so that means I am loosing out on 1,590,588 poe + the cost of turning the designs into the tats that will never sell for even 1/4 of the total cost. I just think there should be something else that can be done with them.
[Jan 14, 2021 5:48:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

What I was saying is at the trading post each Kraken trinket is valued at an avg. of 14076 poe so 20 is roughly 218000 to buy a tat design that starts out 50000. I have 113 trinket right now so that means I am loosing out on 1,590,588 poe + the cost of turning the designs into the tats that will never sell for even 1/4 of the total cost. I just think there should be something else that can be done with them.

You're not losing 1.5m because the trinkets aren't really worth 14076 PoE. The PoE value is there so that rarer trinkets get more trade-in value aswell as for other items that take a larger amount of trinkets, so that a player can pay part in PoE and part in trinkets. An example of this is the spider box which can either be bought for four hundred trinkets or alternatively 100 trinkets and something like 1.5m PoE. The "trade-in value" of the trinkets goes down everytime someone trades in a trinket, so the best time to trade in is usally after a server reset when the values have reset.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Jan 14, 2021 1:37:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darkshdwguy

Yes I know all of this. But there is nothing else KH trinkets are used for. Recently on a kh at divide I got 8 trinkets and 25K poe where another player got no trinkets and 100+K. I know the divide is random. All other trinkets cross over to other items where KH trinkets have only one use.
[Jan 17, 2021 4:26:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates