• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 780 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Ocxela

Island released Reply to this Post

I think it would be highly beneficial to release Immolakee and Moultrie islands on the Emerald ocean to be able to blockade them.
First reason: more money for the game because big island cades make a poes and doubloons sink.
Second reason: will rerelease some potential inns to be made.
Third reason: new islands to colonize = more work = stronger economy.
Fourth reason: there is not much action at the far North of the Hunter ocean, and making 2 large islands there will spread the wars fairly all over the map after the opening.
Fifth reason: we need more than just one island to spawn sassafras and yarrow.
Sixth reason: many will agree with me to open up new islands just for the sake to at least have something new to do.

- Alexco on all oceans.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ocxela at Jan 5, 2021 11:57:43 AM]
[Jan 5, 2021 11:44:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrtwistar

Re: Island released Reply to this Post

There are a plethora of things that should be done before this.
http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Sonicbang
[Jan 5, 2021 2:19:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bedevere

I think it would be highly beneficial to release Immolakee and Moultrie islands on the Emerald ocean to be able to blockade them.
First reason: more money for the game because big island cades make a poes and doubloons sink.
Fourth reason: there is not much action at the far North of the Hunter ocean, and making 2 large islands there will spread the wars fairly all over the map after the opening.
Sixth reason: many will agree with me to open up new islands just for the sake to at least have something new to do.

- Alexco on all oceans.

All of those reasons are a yikes from me dawg.
Viator
[Jan 5, 2021 3:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Disagree. All it would mean is another big flag would take it and sit on it for ages.

Then at the same time a new island being released to pirates to kade wouldn't help drive traffic there. Emerald is Admiral centric just simply due to the limited player base. The only way traffic moves out from Admiral is either the island just becomes unaffordable for most to have Shoppes at OR we get an influx of a lot more new and returning players, neither of which I think will happen.
Robyns
<3
[Jan 5, 2021 5:30:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joaoo99

Disagree. All it would mean is another big flag would take it and sit on it for ages.

Then at the same time a new island being released to pirates to kade wouldn't help drive traffic there. Emerald is Admiral centric just simply due to the limited player base. The only way traffic moves out from Admiral is either the island just becomes unaffordable for most to have Shoppes at OR we get an influx of a lot more new and returning players, neither of which I think will happen.

+1 to this.

I think it only makes sense to release more islands if we have a larger player base. Otherwise it would just be another random paved island that no one cares with the rich people owning the shoppes.
Joaoo says, "Teach me rumbling :P"
Rudis says, "you click with mouse pow pow"
Rudis says, "done!"
[Jan 6, 2021 2:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ocxela

Any activity is better than nothing. But of course, three poker player that never does anything knows better than 99.9% of us.
[Jan 6, 2021 11:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Any activity is better than nothing. But of course, three poker player that never does anything knows better than 99.9% of us.

No need to get angry. And not sure where you get 99.9% from. There isn't a single person who has replied to this thread and agreed with you.

I know you Alex, you really just want new islands to be released because you want to own an inn.
Robyns
<3
[Jan 6, 2021 4:34:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

What's the point of owning an inn? Just for the clout? It won't be a populated island anyway so it doesn't seem that special in my opinion.

I don't think there are enough players to justify adding new populated islands; there isn't a dire shortage of building plots on existing islands at the moment.
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Jan 6, 2021 7:12:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

My personal thoughts:

Fair reason. We haven't gotten to colonise for a while and it'd be interesting to see who jumps on the chance to do so. The game hasn't particularly been lacking big island cades though. We just had the holiday season so we'll see how things are next weekend, but I'm fairly sure we had several large island drops (often including admiral) every weekend before that

Yeah, you want one. I believe a better solution for bringing some inns back is re-releasing some existing ones (Hera currently owns two, personally unsure why but they could be released in events or something?)

Already plenty of work on the existing islands. If anything I think the economy would benefit more from closing islands and having things not be spread out as much, at the time of the merge we had significantly more players and while the ocean's "size" scaled up in the game's peak, it's never went down. This is, in my opinion, one of the things Obsidian did really well (but I'll stop talking about this point, not really for this thread)

Yeah, it will, but is that something we need? We already have Alkaid and Armstrong around there too if players want a large island in the area (And if you'd count it, Sayers, but it's further away)

What? Neither of the islands you suggested even spawn sassafras or yarrow, and colonising them is not going to change that. Besides, we have two - Manu and Ancorragio. Assuming you meant specifically for market bidding: Other oceans ran just fine without Sassafras market bidding; Cerulean had two islands neither of which had market bidding, and Meridian had four (all of which without bidding). Yarrow is a little more accessible on those oceans, but it's still fine here with two islands spawning it

That one I'll agree on, it'll definitely be a big "hype" event on the ocean and draw some players around.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jan 7, 2021 12:34:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates