• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1102 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

[EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle IX [Winners announced] Reply to this Post

A blast from 2006! - Recycle, Recycle, Recycle!

Christmas presents sure make a lot of mess - all that wrapping, the paper, ribbons, scrumpled up and thrown away. Such a waste.

Not today, though! Rescue some of the gift wrapping or other packaging and start building! I'd like you to create a game object from some of today's packaging. Take a picture and post it. Perhaps you can make a sword, or a mug, or a trinket! Get your family and friends involved. No, they won't think you're mad! They'll think it's charming!

* Make a packaging sculpture
* Take a picture (someone in your household will have some kind of digital camera!)
* Upload the picture to a file hosting service
* Post the image and a label explaining what it is and what it's made from.

If you don't celebrate Christmas or don't have gift wrapping around, use any packaging or rubbish created today.

• One entry per player!
  • Include your pirate name and ocean and a short description of what it is!
  • Entries only in this thread. If you have questions/comments, please put those in the main thread.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of Dec 31st at 11pm game time

The standard rules apply as per the main thread.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Jan 1, 2021 9:37:28 AM]
[Dec 29, 2020 5:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Re: [EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle IX [Deadline Dec 31st] Reply to this Post

Greyladyy of Cerulean

This is my take on a Festive Fir. The core is made from a cut down and taped gift bag, the tree is made from 2 shades of green tissue paper, the topper was cut from more gift bag pieces, the garland is ribbon and the red decorations are made from knotted up ribbon pieces.

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Dec 30, 2020 1:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: [EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle IX [Deadline Dec 31st] Reply to this Post

Cattrin on Emerald

[side]
[top with coin slot]

My sculpture is a Empty Golden Piggy Bank!

He's made out of two colors of used wrapping paper, two colors of used ribbon, and tape. He's a little lopsided and a little wrinkly, but he's still loved.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 30, 2020 2:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Phaeirie, Emerald

My "Mystery Boxes" are in festive colours, red, white and gold.
Only Santa knows the contents!

We didn't have a whole pile of materials about, loved staring at the pile of trash trying to get creative! The cube shape was cut from some packing foam.

Close up of boxes and progress shots

Wrapping:
The white one is paper from an envelope from Christmas card.
The red one is cut from a velvet type ribbon that was on a gift.
The gold foil one is from the wrap from a box of chocolates.

Ribbons:
Red is cut from the same ribbon I used to wrap the red box.
Gold and red net were from gift bag tags.

All held together with double-sided tape and love <3

They're really really small - the pine cones are for sizing.
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Dec 30, 2020 2:45:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Cptnronen of Cerulean

Item : Speed Kit
Materials : Ikea bookshelf cardboard box + packing tape

We didnt have any wrapping paper or whatnot this year, literally only put our tree + door wreathe up for 10 days or so. (Total grinches I know)

Choose the Speed kit as Kraken Hunt is basically the only thing I do...

Gallery w/ Extra angles
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Dec 30, 2020 10:10:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha on Emerald

I give you ... a cornucopia of origami

- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 31, 2020 3:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karabiner

Yetidave Emerald

card and wrapping paper stone lantern (with lots of bits of sticky tape)

inspiration https://imgur.com/ERjtlOk

materials https://imgur.com/6zLoA3Y

getting the light to shine (gold ribbon) https://imgur.com/r7dK9z5

final shot in the garden
Yetidave from Caravanserai, Emerald
[Dec 31, 2020 4:44:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mellyssa

Elyzz of Emerald
Item: Golden vase (peacock) with the grey colour option

In my manor...
https://imgur.com/AKYFiu9

Materials - Christmas cards, left over paper, cereal box and a wine gift bag for the vase
https://imgur.com/BQiXbnz

Progress shot
https://imgur.com/3YraVFU

P.S. The vase will be removed before the fire is lit. Elf and safety first...
Elyzz from Midnight Cerulean Emerald
[Dec 31, 2020 4:46:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Wayfarer of Emerald
A little bubble wrap + tea wrapper sheep!
https://i.imgur.com/nYwflro.jpg
Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wuppypuppy2 at Dec 31, 2020 3:12:57 PM]
[Dec 31, 2020 3:12:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: [EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle IX [Winners announced] Reply to this Post

Great job recycling, doodlers!

Our winner for this round is Alpha, who receives a red/green sloop Mark II Cornucopian Gift, a BlueGrey Winter Ornament and 5 Shiny Sun points!

Runner up is Yetidave, who receives a Giant Imperial Nutcracker, a BlueGrey Winter Ornament and 2 Shiny Sun points!

I loved all the entries, they were incredible this year. Happy New Year to all of you, see you next year!

Prizes have been delivered! Alpha, you will need to trade the deed to an alt and back to update ownership.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Jan 1, 2021 9:37:08 AM]
[Jan 1, 2021 9:36:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Re: [EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle IX [Winners announced] Reply to this Post

Congrats guys :)

I wouldn't have been able to choose a winner from this one, they were all so good.
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jan 1, 2021 1:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Amazing job everyone, and congrats to the winners!
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Jan 1, 2021 3:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Congrats guys :)

I wouldn't have been able to choose a winner from this one, they were all so good.

I wanted to make everyone a winner, but I feared I would be thrown back in the dungeon!
[Jan 1, 2021 4:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bolognese5

Oh no, and you just got freed!

Congrats to all the winners and good job everyone entering! Such craftsmanship on display!
[Jan 1, 2021 9:05:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Thank you Clotho, was fun doing this doodle ^_^. Gratz to all crafty doodlers.
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Jan 1, 2021 9:45:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates