• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2825 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Dunsparce1

The hypocrisy of Emerlaus Reply to this Post

Have a gander at this game design thread. This same pirate that has repeatedly caused grief on others voyages is now pleading for a change to the game when some have decided to strike back at him with his same tricks.

The 'hate' he gets from others is caused by nothing but his own actions. He seems to think flotillas are a part of the game exclusively for him, and anyone that does not play exactly as he sees fit will be messed with while hiding closely within the limits of the game rules.

This has been happening for a long time, but let's keep it to just a few examples in recent memory.

On November 11th there was a sinker flotilla off Cnossos. The Diamond arch is primarily under governance from flags not named Because We Can. This supposed flotilla fanboy felt no need to go after it, because the 'boards were too bad'. No problem here yet, the other flags in the arch can deal with it, or so you would think. Until one flag (Babylon) was loading for the sinker flotilla and to my surprise a massive fleet of red BK ships (frigs among them) appeared. Just what could be the cause? Perhaps the two large-class vessels (plus one medium-class vessel added later) in the safe zone owned by the flag Because We Can?

Thanks to the overspawn, their ship got sunk. We (Victory Raiders) loaded two more vessels shortly after, and Emerlaus kept his large vessels inside the flotilla keeping the spawn active for the remainder of the day. Our ships got sunk too.

On November 12th, we attempted to load another vessel for the flotilla, and guess which flag shows up with multiple large vessels in the safe zone again? That's right. And another vessel was sunk because of this pirate's actions. Was this my punishment for laughing at the irony of the flotilla that had been sabotaged by this person hitting the one island they have in the arch (Papaya)?

I was looking forward to this failure of a blockade, but they found a good excuse to petition and have it cancelled anyways so they would not have to defend. (Server issues from a week prior. As far as I know, you still get a week to prepare for the BK block after it drops).

On November 16th, Emerlaus wanted to make things right. He contacted Victory Raiders and wanted to set agreements so we could play nice. We gathered on a neutral vessel (Diletto's) and had a chat, others flags were also present. One of the agreements was announcing large vessel events ahead of time to minimize overjobbing. The other was no longer putting large vessels into flotilla safe zones on purpose to cause overspawn for others.

Just over two weeks later, December 5th, he broke those agreements by entering his own allies large-class vessels into flotilla safe zones to overspawn. Sneakily disengaging the frigate after the act with his alt, and acting coy while having a sloop inside on his main. I checked every single active pirate in the crew that the vessel belonged to, and noone logged on that day but one Fleet Officer starting with Z. And they swiftly logged off after the act. Nice of him to leave the frigate on the league point for all to see, though. After informing the ally, the alt got kicked out of their crew and the alliance was terminated.

The game is fine as it is. What should be done is keeping an eye on malicious acts by players 'against the spirit of the game', and punish accordingly.

So Emerlaus. What do you have to say about this?
----------------------------------------
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Dec 29, 2020 10:29:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
half_elf13

Re: The hypocrisy of Emerlaus Reply to this Post

Hypocrisy? You're one to talk.

About a week before this incident took place of that you talk about Emerlaus and many other people in the ocean had a meeting about all the shifty stuff going on. Emerlaus was asked to promise to loads of different things. All of which he agreed to.

He made one request. That when he was loading for events that needed bigger ships, others wouldn't crossload him. At the same time he conceeded not to crossload others planned events.

Yet at the very next flotilla loading he made. You crossloaded him. And again, the next time.

I told him he no longer owed you anything because you were the first one to break that agreement. It was meant to be a clear message that you can't insist Emerlaus doesn't pull stunts like this and then not hold up your part of the bargain.

Did Emerlaus possibly go too far? Yes. And I understand that he's apologised for leaving the ships in there as long as he did and handling things the way he did. And he's also since agreed not to do so again.

Yet every flotilla Emerlaus has done since, some of them even at my request because my flag want to go on them and I'm currently too sick to nav, others have repeatedly brought in ships against him and us.

On Sunday other pirates brought in three frigs, overspawning the flotilla to a huge degree and once again my flag who were trying to have some fun were sunk because of this stupid barnacle.

So if you want to talk about hypocrisy fix your own first, because if this carries on the way it is as soon as I'm well again it won't just be Emerlaus and BWC you've all got to worry about.
Jesst
Queen of Imperio
Captain of The Fire of Winter
Mostly on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by half_elf13 at Dec 29, 2020 2:28:24 PM]
[Dec 29, 2020 2:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

On November 16th, Emerlaus wanted to make things right. He contacted Victory Raiders and wanted to set agreements so we could play nice. We gathered on a neutral vessel (Diletto's) and had a chat, others flags were also present. One of the agreements was announcing large vessel events ahead of time to minimize overjobbing. The other was no longer putting large vessels into flotilla safe zones on purpose to cause overspawn for others.

Just over two weeks later, December 5th, he broke those agreements by entering his own allies large-class vessels into flotilla safe zones to overspawn. Sneakily disengaging the frigate after the act with his alt, and acting coy while having a sloop inside on his main. I checked every single active pirate in the crew that the vessel belonged to, and noone logged on that day but one Fleet Officer starting with Z. And they swiftly logged off after the act. Nice of him to leave the frigate on the league point for all to see, though. After informing the ally, the alt got kicked out of their crew and the alliance was terminated.

The game is fine as it is. What should be done is keeping an eye on malicious acts by players 'against the spirit of the game', and punish accordingly.

So Emerlaus. What do you have to say about this?

Here are my personal 2 cents about the whole subject

I never ever said I was perfect and I can recognize my own scupper ups and apologise afterwards (As I have done with polestar at least 2-3 times about the CI issue)

Though, I have only done once with a single ship since the ocean meeting of November 16th and it was on december 5th as you mentionned above.

What people should know is shortly after this run there was a grand frig in my flotilla safe zone (with 9 people strictly to grief my run back which was more than fair at that point) organised by emiya and crip and several people can vouch for that retaliation being done on the same day.

Since the blockade break started on december 19th ... Crip been online days and nights griefing every single of my flotilla runs and penalising 12-20 jobbers per run every single time for nearly 2 weeks now.

Here is two of the screenshots :

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/249995672760221697/792871462230294568/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_1.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/696458598787842169/792882875510030386/unknown.png

Now I didnt come to cerulean parley to cry about it ... I went to game design (as suggested by clotho) mentionning a game design exploit that should be fixed, yes, even against my own actions in the past.
Emerald
Cerulean
[Dec 29, 2020 2:25:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

EVERYONE on Cerulean needs to should get along to keep our ocean going.

Friendly organized blockades and flots can be just as fun.

Frankly I think all of this back and forth Ive been hearing about lately is childish and needs to stop.
I have come to realize how un-informed I am of the situation and that I should not have commented beyond the above.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Dec 29, 2020 4:23:13 PM]
[Dec 29, 2020 3:38:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Emerlaus wrote: 

I never ever said I was perfect and I can recognize my own scupper ups and apologise afterwards

Recognizing your scupper-ups is worth nothing if you don't evolve as a result. I'm yet to have one positive interaction with you in-game over the course of the six year period I've been back playing Puzzle Pirates. There's only two people I actively avoid in-game, of which you are one. I'd honestly assumed you moved to Cerulean because there was no-one left who could stand putting up with you on Emerald. There's a person behind *every pirate in the game and it would serve you well to remind yourself of that. You have a bad reputation for a reason. Learn from that.

*almost
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Dec 29, 2020 4:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

Pretty sure it says Cerulean Parley :)
Slinkee on all oceans
[Dec 29, 2020 5:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mysterio

OMG, since Brigand Kings have been on the ocean, everything your all whining about is all fair game play.

Any Bnav board that can have more than one boat enter you take the risk of getting sunk. Welcome to ypp.

It's not against any Terms of Service to support a Brigand King wether at a blockade or flotilla.If s flag chooses to park boats in safe zone then your flag needs to deal with it. That means you need another boat and push them out best to use a bigger one than theres, ohh wait that's the Ocean Masters response to.

The whining on here about legal yet unsavory tactics makes little sense. So instead of whining this goes for all party's figure it out and deal with it.

Man for adults you guys all make small mischievous children look good
Blackjammer, S.O. & Kraken Hunter of The Blue Team
Governor of JorviK
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Stay puzzling my friends
[Dec 30, 2020 9:37:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

OMG, since Brigand Kings have been on the ocean, everything your all whining about is all fair game play.

Any Bnav board that can have more than one boat enter you take the risk of getting sunk. Welcome to ypp.

It's not against any Terms of Service to support a Brigand King wether at a blockade or flotilla.If s flag chooses to park boats in safe zone then your flag needs to deal with it. That means you need another boat and push them out best to use a bigger one than theres, ohh wait that's the Ocean Masters response to.

The whining on here about legal yet unsavory tactics makes little sense. So instead of whining this goes for all party's figure it out and deal with it.

Man for adults you guys all make small mischievous children look good

As a neutral observer to this drama, it appears OP is calling out someone for complaining about a game mechanic that others are exploiting when he also does it himself and not necessarily whining about getting sunk.
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Dec 30, 2020 12:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

I can only speak for myself but, I think if it's within the rules of gameplay then no one should complain. Seems like there's one set of rules for one group and not everyone, which is ridiculous. Play the game the way it's meant to be played. Personal attacks are petty, pretty sure we all log on to have fun in this game or try to.
Slinkee on all oceans
[Dec 30, 2020 12:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I can only speak for myself but, I think if it's within the rules of gameplay then no one should complain. Seems like there's one set of rules for one group and not everyone, which is ridiculous. Play the game the way it's meant to be played. Personal attacks are petty, pretty sure we all log on to have fun in this game or try to.

Well, except for the oft-cited "Spirit of the Game" clause of the Terms of Service. That is a catch-all for "don't do anything the OMs don't like." So as we've seen, it's been ruled that Spirit of the Game does not apply to this behavior, and the "bad behavior" is within the scope of the rules.

They could just as easily have ruled differently. It's griefing to go after an underpowered ship with no booty and keep attacking it multiple times per league, just so the poor guys can't get to port. There's lots of behavior enabled by the game mechanics that would be griefing. The OMs say that this is not griefing.

Let's also remember the original intent behind flotillas. They were supposed to galvanize the playerbase against the common enemy. When a flotilla spawned near your island, you got your crew and hearties together and you drive off the evil Brigand Kings so that they don't blockade the island nearby. In concept, it is a pretty clever way to get the juices flowing and a nice prelude to a BK actually dropping a war chest.

But in practice, what we have is mercenaries like Emerlaus who do flotillas for the sake of flotillas, and whether a BK blockade results or not is rather secondary to his enjoyment and profit from the attacks. So, it seems that rather than rallying the flags against a BK, they've been rallied against the mercenary. Interesting turn of events! That's how it is with open gameplay. It's like a box of chocolates!
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Dec 30, 2020 1:32:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

Oh are you an active player? by the same token sending in large ships every flotilla would be considered griefing I suppose, or does that only apply when it happens to others? we can't have one set of rules arbitrarily enforced. That's one of the reasons why ocean's died and people stopped playing.
Slinkee on all oceans
[Dec 30, 2020 1:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

I think we should take this animosity from this thread and turn it into actual action - if you don't like someone, blockade their islands and make Cerulean interesting again!

;)
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Dec 30, 2020 2:13:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

I think we should take this animosity from this thread and turn it into actual action - if you don't like someone, blockade their islands and make Cerulean interesting again!

;)

Aye or if dont like someone pvp them or work it out like adults. Everyone's too old to be acting like kids in this game. For real.
Slinkee on all oceans
[Dec 30, 2020 2:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

I personally don't get involved with drama, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like seeing it! It's what makes the game so entertaining - now if only we turned the accusations into action, whether it be PvP, blockades, or something else, it might make more pirates interested in playing on Cerulean!

Going back to the original purpose of the thread - if the OMs have implied that this mechanic (empty ships increasing spawns) is part of the game and won't be changed, posting on the forums complaining about each side doing the same sort of griefing won't do much. Maybe the best course of action would be to blockade the offender's Islands (and win) and perhaps that would make them stop? And if such a blockade is unsuccessful, well, maybe the pirate in question deserves to be the king of Cerulean after all!
[Dec 30, 2020 2:43:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

Emerlaus wrote: 

Though, I have only done once with a single ship since the ocean meeting of November 16th and it was on december 5th as you mentionned above.

This is true. Before the meeting you would enter multiple ships to mess with others, so why lie about it in Game Design?

What people should know is shortly after this run there was a grand frig in my flotilla safe zone (with 9 people strictly to grief my run back which was more than fair at that point) organised by emiya and crip and several people can vouch for that retaliation being done on the same day.

Crip was one of the jobbers who was with me earlier that day, witnessed your actions and decided to give you a taste of your own medicine. I got a job offer from him to come watch after what you pulled earlier that day, as did others. Saying that I organized it is pure conjecture, did you see any vessels from Victory Raiders on the board? Aside from that one time I haven't been on his vessels since. I'm not denying it happened, at least you recognize you had it coming.

Crip been online days and nights griefing every single of my flotilla runs and penalising 12-20 jobbers per run every single time for nearly 2 weeks now.

I don't approve of it, but even without Crip's interference you still penalize your jobbers when your crew cut is at 70% and you take 3-4 alts along on your ship to line your own pockets. Jobbers may not be aware, so just being helpful here.

Jesst wrote: 
He made one request. That when he was loading for events that needed bigger ships, others wouldn't crossload him. At the same time he conceeded not to crossload others planned events.

I suppose that is what you were told? Maybe you could have tried being present at the meeting instead of acting like you know what's been discussed.

Points discussed at the meeting 2020/11/16 (to clarify, this applied to all parties present. Crip was not included):

Forumposting for large ship events, and linking it on global (optional) > attempting to better communicate plans which require large numbers of jobbers
No PvP in PvE environments
Not crossloading each other with the same voyage (2 Atlantis at once for example, pillaging excluded)
Not bringing in large vessels into flotillas to sabotage others runs

These agreements were followed until just recently. Some point of irritation for me is Emerlaus claiming every Saturday as an Atlantis/HS day and during a few weeks when the day comes go after a flotilla instead. (Like december 5th)
And as far as I know neither of us crossloaded the other's planned events. Maybe we do different things, but if an event was planned, the other side would still let the planned event load. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

Yet at the very next flotilla loading he made. You crossloaded him. And again, the next time.

December 4th there was a flotilla active. I was inside until I saw a global announcement that he wanted to load. I exited the flotilla and loaded an HS instead. Is that what you meant? There were no forum posts so none of us were aware of the others plans. We both managed to load, so I don't see what went wrong here.

So if you want to talk about hypocrisy fix your own first, because if this carries on the way it is as soon as I'm well again it won't just be Emerlaus and BWC you've all got to worry about.

Such hostility...did I offend your precious Commander Night Blue? I'm terribly sorry.

Natetegreat wrote: 
Maybe the best course of action would be to blockade the offender's Islands (and win) and perhaps that would make them stop?

If only it worked that way, all it currently takes is one salty pirate to be able to ruin the fun of many others. They can be king of the ashes!
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Dec 30, 2020 11:02:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
half_elf13

Dunsparce wrote: 

Jesst wrote: 

I suppose that is what you were told? Maybe you could have tried being present at the meeting instead of acting like you know what's been discussed.

While you're right I wasn't at that meeting (For some reason only Emerlaus thoguht to invite me and he didn't until it was too late for me to attend). I was given all the chat logs, so I am entirely aware of what was said. I stand by my quote above. Emerlause made one request. That he not be crossloaded when loading a big ship. You're deliberately being obtuse and acting like something else was requested.

Dunsparce wrote: 
And as far as I know neither of us crossloaded the other's planned events. Maybe we do different things, but if an event was planned, the other side would still let the planned event load. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

December 4th there was a flotilla active. I was inside until I saw a global announcement that he wanted to load. I exited the flotilla and loaded an HS instead. Is that what you meant? There were no forum posts so none of us were aware of the others plans. We both managed to load, so I don't see what went wrong here.

Yeah, this here is the problem. Emerlaus waited until it looked like you were finishing to load his own flotilla and then you crossloaded him with an HS. That's exactly what he asked folks not to do to him.

Dunsparce wrote: 

Such hostility...did I offend your precious Commander Night Blue? I'm terribly sorry.

Hahahaha, my precious Commander Night Blue? Really mature of you. No I'm not here because you mgiht have offended Emerlaus, I'm here because you're calling him a hypocrit when you're just as bad. I'd do the same to him if it was the other way around. Oh... but wait... he already knows exactly what I think of the whole thing because he's capable of talking to me rationally about it and working out a way forward that works for my flaggies as well as his.

Dunsparce wrote: 
Natetegreat wrote: 
Maybe the best course of action would be to blockade the offender's Islands (and win) and perhaps that would make them stop?

If only it worked that way, all it currently takes is one salty pirate to be able to ruin the fun of many others. They can be king of the ashes!

I'm assuming you mean, you, Crip or Major here, because quite frankly they're the only ones ruining the fun at the moment for the majority of the ocean. You all may think Emerlaus is some tyrant or bully or whatever, but between Imperio, BWC and the other allies that we play with regularly, who make up the majority of the ocean, the only people spoiling the fun are you guys, hence Emerlaus' request in game design.
Jesst
Queen of Imperio
Captain of The Fire of Winter
Mostly on Cerulean
[Dec 31, 2020 2:34:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Major here

Thank you for your concern. Without valuable feedback, like yours, I wouldn't be able to improve the Majorjr experience for you and others for years to come.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jan 1, 2021 1:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697193933989740676/794701463615438888/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_4.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697193933989740676/794698318697201674/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_2.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697193933989740676/794698330718076938/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_3.png

As you can see Ocean 11 inches are now using an alt flag to grief my flotilla runs.

I have sank several ships and the inevitable sink happened again!

I would like to thank my loyal support who continue to support me!

BWC will remain on the ocean trying to protect flags from flotillas!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by etieti at Jan 1, 2021 3:00:11 PM]
[Jan 1, 2021 2:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
noworries

It seems to me that if anyone is going to interfere with a flotilla attack, they should be obliged to actively help defend any neutral island that flotilla blockades later. It's not just the owner of the attacking ship and the jobbers on that ship that are injured. The flag that owns the island that flotilla blockades are also injured. There's a chance that flag supports your side but an even better chance that flag is neutral.
The original Garibaldi on the Midnight Ocean, now on Cerulean.

We can't control the winds, but we can adjust our sails.
[Jan 1, 2021 3:38:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lanlaiely

It seems to me that if anyone is going to interfere with a flotilla attack, they should be obliged to actively help defend any neutral island that flotilla blockades later. It's not just the owner of the attacking ship and the jobbers on that ship that are injured. The flag that owns the island that flotilla blockades are also injured. There's a chance that flag supports your side but an even better chance that flag is neutral.

This is why this guy is my captain...
Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as important to the child as it is to the caterpillar.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
[Jan 1, 2021 4:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Emerlaus your always welcome to kill flotillas on meridian <3

So in all honesty this griefing does not just happen in flotillas it happens in BK blockades as well when people are watching on larger ships to squeeze that extra strength against 10 to 15 player brig or a full bagel when it sqeezes frigs? Doesn't sound fair to me. People will always do this due to lower playerbase which is exactly why we need skilled swabbies for these runs or people will continue to grief and then no flotillas will be run. Emerald does not need swabbies as it has players but the other oceans desperately need it as we don't have the player resources to compete with the griefing. OR do this spawns ships by amount of players not the ship size can also reduce amount of grieving.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Jan 2, 2021 12:30:48 PM]
[Jan 2, 2021 12:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Scottays wrote: 
blahblah <insert skilled swabbies> boohoo OMs don't listen to me blahblah

I think flot mechanics seem alright as it is. Can even considered to be e neat feature, being able to increase the challenge of the voyage with some alt ships.
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Jan 3, 2021 7:35:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Scottays wrote: 
blahblah <insert skilled swabbies> boohoo OMs don't listen to me blahblah

I think flot mechanics seem alright as it is. Can even considered to be e neat feature, being able to increase the challenge of the voyage with some alt ships.

So you support this griefing of multiple frigs entered in a flotilla?
[Jan 3, 2021 12:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

To be fair, if they change this mechanic to prevent empty large ships from overspawning, they need to fix the back wall on flotillas too, and force flotilla navigators to actually play the game as intended instead of hiding in a safe spot the entire time.
[Jan 3, 2021 1:18:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Then your getting into the issue of what about Lantis? Haunted Seas should they not back wall either? due to a potential change?
[Jan 3, 2021 4:52:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Scottays wrote: 
Griefing is subjective. For the time being, OOO in the past and GH today has not ruled such behaviour as being against ToS.

A flotilla is most akin to a blockade, within which you can bring in whatever you want. Jeopardising a flotilla attempt would also mean that the BK would subsequently attack the corresponding isle. From a game design perspective, this can be deemed fair play as it's simply part of a myriad of available strategies to shift power between flags.

Sounds fine to me.
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Jan 3, 2021 9:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

Scottays wrote: 
Griefing is subjective. For the time being, OOO in the past and GH today has not ruled such behaviour as being against ToS.

A flotilla is most akin to a blockade, within which you can bring in whatever you want. Jeopardising a flotilla attempt would also mean that the BK would subsequently attack the corresponding isle. From a game design perspective, this can be deemed fair play as it's simply part of a myriad of available strategies to shift power between flags.

Sounds fine to me.

Yeah I actually agree with this, the concept of sabotaging someone's flotilla attack to allow the BK to blockade an island.

Whether or not sabotaging with empty ships versus taking a staffed ship to PvP is any different, well that's a completely different debate :P
[Jan 3, 2021 10:13:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/778677966199717920/797115440257564732/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_8.png

Thank you to all the flag who made this flotilla sink possible!

Its nice to see cerulean united to take down flotillas despite all the griefing lately!

On a side note :

Grtchenglfng global chats, "Vargas the Mad has withdrawn the flotilla to regroup elsewhere."
C*** global chats, "gj staying up this one"

We will keep trying to take flotillas down one way or another! Keep looking for us on the board! BWC loves you all!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Jan 8, 2021 6:54:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates