• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1727 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Barneygk

DARK SEAS INSTALL ERROR Reply to this Post

Hi I am unable to run dark seas.
It says "Unable to install the necessary files after 5 attempts" . Please help me solve it as All my mains are there with a lot of hours in. Classic YPP is working but Dark Seas is not. Please someone help.
[Dec 23, 2020 5:19:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andrew121664

Re: DARK SEAS INSTALL ERROR Reply to this Post

BUMP Can we get an answer to this? I knwo nobody plays it but id like to still see my things on there. I miss my banana choco toucan
[Jan 10, 2021 6:30:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joaoo99

----------------------------------------
Joaoo says, "Teach me rumbling :P"
Rudis says, "you click with mouse pow pow"
Rudis says, "done!"
[Jan 12, 2021 12:04:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenneh

Ahoy! I experienced the same issue a couple weeks ago. I had /bugged the issue and the dev team were able to find an issue in the steam installer that they rolled out a fix for.

I happened to still be experiencing issues and found a quickfix that worked for me, although I am unsure that it will work for others but I thought I would share in case it does, since I've seen lots of posts asking with no real solutions offered.

I will assume you've gone through the recommended steps listed on The Official Installation Help Page.

Then if you have not already, the next step recommended is verifying you have a clean install by taking the following steps:

1) Right-click Puzzle Pirates in the Steam Library and choose the "Delete Local Content..." option to remove the game.
2) Navigate to your Steam Puzzle Pirates folder. Default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dark Seas and delete any remaining files or folders.
3) Go to Dark Seas in the Steam Store and install the game again normally.

After those steps is where the solution that worked for me comes in. I copied the following files from the Classic Puzzle Pirates install folder to the Dark Seas install folder:

• From the /native subfolder, all the dll files except the steam_api and steam_api64
  • From the main folder, the following:
    • adeeocto.ico
    • all of the jpg files
    • full.dat

Once I had done that, running the app through steam cause it to begin working again. Hopefully this is of some use to you, otherwise it may be easier to Contact Support with an attachment of your launcher.log so they can see what specific issue you're encountering.
----------------------------------------
Sink
the closest some pirates will ever get to the real thing.

yah not a frig, sum peeple ar so stupid!!!

[Jan 12, 2021 1:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates