• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1257 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
theelder

LE ships returning is the worst idea ever Reply to this Post

I can understand that you want to bring the concept of LE ships back, I think its a gr8 idea but when we asked to have them back WE DID NOT MEAN RE-RELEASE THEM me and my friends have been spending a lot of money on dubs to buy our LE ships and now you are telling me they will be worth 1/4 of their current price??? Honestly if you guys re-release them I am quiting the game. Only because a small group of people asked for them means that all of the owners of collections that have spend millions and thousands of dollars IG get to be destroyed.

I am not trying to throw stuff on your good intentions. Yes we want LE backs but we don't want them re-released. Owning and LE ship from 2010 should be a privilege for those that have remained loyal to the game and not something that happens every 10 years.

I believe it would be a better idea to throw contests on LE ships ideas, bring the community closer together and design and develop new concepts. This would let the current owners of LE ships and the people that wanted the LE ships back happy.

Again I am not trying to diminish your good intentions but I stand by my words, and if the developers re-release the LE ships me and my friends are quitting the game.
[Dec 23, 2020 3:01:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thomas10271

Re: LE ships returning is the worst idea ever Reply to this Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0&ab_channel=UrielMatt

At least all your precious Verdant Baglahs are safe for now.
----------------------------------------
Tomsid
[Dec 23, 2020 3:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ocxela

This destroyed tons of value for tons of collectors that played hard to make poes to buy them. This also means that anything "limited edition" is not truly real. I would understand bringing back the royal blue chromas but not something that they are still tons of them available for anyone to purchase on the used market.
[Dec 23, 2020 3:44:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Croceye

Ok I get the frustration on the fact you and your friends worked hard for buying something expensive since it was as far as we knew, never coming out EVER again.

LE, meaning limited edtion, yes the meaning of this word is that it was a one time thing however. A lot of people who started on Emerald had the benefit of buying these when they were released for as you say 1/4 of the cost of what they are now.
Technically some of us actually had these ships before? "Owning and LE ship from 2010 should be a privilege for those that have remained loyal to the game" Population moved to Emerald and our ships stay dormant over on Meridian cause there not going to merge the oceans.

(Misread information so I removed the comment that was here)

SOOO, Thank ye OM's for giving us the chance once again to get something back and giving new players a chance to get something special without paying out there pocket for something that shouldn't be worth the asking price of what they are currently.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Croceye at Dec 25, 2020 12:02:19 PM]
[Dec 23, 2020 4:27:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

As a collector I'm glad they're being rereleased. I don't care about the poe value I just want my sets of things. I was actually giving up on my ship collection because they were getting so outrageously priced and I'd rather spend that kinda poe on my familiar collection instead.
~Princessmg~
[Dec 23, 2020 4:44:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
theelder

LE ships can be acquired by any pirate. You just have to have the POE. And I've played and supported the game in so many ways and it hurts to see that my love and support to the game backfired. So I am trying to voice my point of view so you can understand my situation

If I know something FOR sure in this game is that RE-RELEASING/RE-LAUNCHING stuff does not work lol.

I think if we left the current LE's and made new LE's would make both sides happy. We could even involve the community and give ideas which would make the game even more interactive.

Would you agree with something like this? This would make both sides happy
[Dec 23, 2020 6:33:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

I disagree, many things in this game have never truly been "LE-once-and-done". Be it pets re-releasing in the shoppe, the same fams/pets coming out of mystery boxes again etc. The fact is, they probably should have done it sooner, since the LE ships have skyrocketed in price since we stopped getting new ones.

I like to think of Meridian pirates as a good example. If they turn around tomorrow and say you can transfer Meridian pirates, all the familiars they have with them would go from worth 500k to worth 10m overnight. However if they had allowed it in 2015... it would have made a minimal difference to the economy. Better now than in five years time when the ships have reached such preposterous prices that it seems unthinkable to re-release them.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Dec 23, 2020 10:41:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

My thoughts on this, I say this is the best idea ever.
Firstly Demeter stated the players demanded for this to happen and actually surprised they went with it so thank you Grey Havens for that! Hopefully more to come keep listening to us <3
Secondly LE ships the first one was Frost Sloop that was released well over 10 years ago. Then the Quest WG was the latest released when Dark Seas was a thing. There is already a whopping estimate of 70-80 LE ships which is a big amount so when you bring back the old it can feel new again which I like this happening.
Thirdly I hope they re-release more things like old portraits, LE pets, previous Competitions as well familiar or Toy Competitions. I hope this is a beginning for change. The more people speak up the more they will listen.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Dec 24, 2020 2:49:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Croceye

My thoughts on this, I say this is the best idea ever.
Firstly Demeter stated the players demanded for this to happen and actually surprised they went with it so thank you Grey Havens for that! Hopefully more to come keep listening to us <3
Secondly LE ships the first one was Frost Sloop that was released well over 10 years ago. Then the Quest WG was the latest released when Dark Seas was a thing. There is already a whopping estimate of 70-80 LE ships which is a big amount so when you bring back the old it can feel new again which I like this happening.
Thirdly I hope they re-release more things like old portraits, LE pets, previous Competitions as well familiar or Toy Competitions. I hope this is a beginning for change. The more people speak up the more they will listen.

+1, would be funny to see the LE pets which were previously available in palace shop return (like the white tiger) but im not sure if they would do that. But who knows OM's seem to be coming out with the surprises!
[Dec 24, 2020 8:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

I disagree, many things in this game have never truly been "LE-once-and-done". Be it pets re-releasing in the shoppe, the same fams/pets coming out of mystery boxes again etc. The fact is, they probably should have done it sooner, since the LE ships have skyrocketed in price since we stopped getting new ones.

I like to think of Meridian pirates as a good example. If they turn around tomorrow and say you can transfer Meridian pirates, all the familiars they have with them would go from worth 500k to worth 10m overnight. However if they had allowed it in 2015... it would have made a minimal difference to the economy. Better now than in five years time when the ships have reached such preposterous prices that it seems unthinkable to re-release them.

That concept of allowing items to be brought over from Meridian or Cerulean is interesting to think about (even if it will never happen). Do you think familiar prices would become exactly halved if two oceans were merged? 1/3 if fams could be brought over from both non-Emerald oceans?

I agree that LE portrait backgrounds should 100% be brought back. There's no controversy there and no risk of upsetting anyone!
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Dec 24, 2020 9:19:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

That concept of allowing items to be brought over from Meridian or Cerulean is interesting to think about (even if it will never happen). Do you think familiar prices would become exactly halved if two oceans were merged? 1/3 if fams could be brought over from both non-Emerald oceans?

I agree that LE portrait backgrounds should 100% be brought back. There's no controversy there and no risk of upsetting anyone!

The fact is dubs are at 3.1k on eme and dubs are at around 21-22k on meridian so a fam worth 10mil is probably around 1.5mil. As stuff is not worth exactly the same as Emerald items if it was that would be completely stupid.
Overtime they will need to do things as the playerbase declines year by year. Since the less players you have the less access you have on the game and need buffing in certain areas so those areas need to be fixed. I've posted all threads on what needs to happen so I'm not de-railing this thread. Theres 0 incentive of a merge unless the players speak up like they did for LE ships coming back then it becomes an incentive for Grey Havens.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Dec 24, 2020 5:28:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ocxela

If you rerelease limited edition ships on Emerald you will destroy the trust that people have in the value of their limited edition items and it will destroy the incentive to collect rare stuff and therefore spending on your game. They will not only think that limited edition ships are unsafe to own but also anything, including the fams, furniture, and pets that you release each mystery box. It will hurt the bottom line in terms of trust and money for Grey Haven. Those who want the ships to be rereleased can still work towards owning the ones that are already released. They are still plenty for sale in the used market. Also those who had pride in their LE ship collection by paying massive amounts in either dubloons or work to own them will be highly deceived and therefore you will have a big player base that will quit the game. I would suggest making contests for the ones who makes the best LE ships by giving fam prizes like before.
[Dec 25, 2020 8:48:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

If you rerelease limited edition ships on Emerald you will destroy the trust that people have in the value of their limited edition items and it will destroy the incentive to collect rare stuff and therefore spending on your game. They will not only think that limited edition ships are unsafe to own but also anything, including the fams, furniture, and pets that you release each mystery box. It will hurt the bottom line in terms of trust and money for Grey Haven. Those who want the ships to be rereleased can still work towards owning the ones that are already released. They are still plenty for sale in the used market. Also those who had pride in their LE ship collection by paying massive amounts in either dubloons or work to own them will be highly deceived and therefore you will have a big player base that will quit the game. I would suggest making contests for the ones who makes the best LE ships by giving fam prizes like before.

This is a whole lot of assumptions. Re-releasing LE ships incentivize the economy and allow another massive dub sink.

All in all, despite your hurt feelings, this is a great idea.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 25, 2020 10:45:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

I am happy. It opens the door for people outside the 1% to have some exciting, nostalgic ships. I have a good handful of LE ships and I don't care one bit that they'll be worth a little less. The people whose massive collections will be devalued slightly can afford it and will still be super rich.

Limited edition =/= one time only. Having it for sale for two months only over the course of more than a decade sure sounds limited to me.
Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
[Dec 25, 2020 12:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Limited edition =/= one time only.

I believe the ships were specifically advertised as one time only when they released - it's been so long that I don't remember for sure though.

Outside of that - Not everyone that had some of the most valuable LE ships that are being re-released was actually very rich outside of that, and some people will lose out quite hard on this.
I'd personally have preferred seeing more actual new LE ships instead (even just like, one for each commonly used ship size) but still, overall, I do believe it'll be nice to start seeing more of these older LE ships around.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 25, 2020 12:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
theelder

This is a whole lot of assumptions. Re-releasing LE ships incentivize the economy and allow another massive dub sink.

This is actually not true, as seen with the Gold Boxes whatever requires dubs to be spent increases the prices of them. If you want to have a "Dub-Sink" you need to be releasing Mystery Boxes which incentives people to spent money (As we do). At least for me and my friends we never see the benefit of buying dubs whenever we don't receive the "Mystery Boxes". And I am positive the LE's were advertised as a one time limited time offer.
[Dec 25, 2020 12:48:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

This is actually not true, as seen with the Gold Boxes whatever requires dubs to be spent increases the prices of them. If you want to have a "Dub-Sink" you need to be releasing Mystery Boxes which incentives people to spent money (As we do). At least for me and my friends we never see the benefit of buying dubs whenever we don't receive the "Mystery Boxes".

Quitex is actually correct; a dub sink means that dubs leave the economy, which causes dub prices to go up as there's more demand and less supply. This might not be what you personally want (if lower dub prices is something you want), but it's definitely a dub sink.

Mystery box promos increase the amount of dubs in the game and cause more people to spend real money on doubloons, which would be a "dub fountain".

It also definitely incentives the economy, this will create both create demand for the commodities used in the LE boats (fun for shopkeepers/merchants) and get people spending their money at shipyards (economy!)
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 25, 2020 4:26:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Limited edition =/= one time only.

I believe the ships were specifically advertised as one time only when they released - it's been so long that I don't remember for sure though.

I don't remember exactly but it would have been about 2012/13 the OM's held some sort of forum/in game pillaging? comp for crews to compete and prizes were some of the previously released LE ships. I know the Frost Sloop was included cause that was my share of my crews prize but I don't exactly remember the rest, pretty sure there were different size ships given out and not just sloops.

I feel like there was also in game comp set up at one point that had at least the Inferno WB sealed deed as a prize.

*edit1* I can't find the event I was looking for but there's this one too https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=202466
*2* Found it! https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2567875#2567875

~Princessmg~
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Crazymg at Dec 25, 2020 5:44:26 PM]
[Dec 25, 2020 5:24:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Yup, one Halloween they had comps to win sealed deeds to phantom sloops (and I believe skelly and possibly zombie sloops too).
Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
[Dec 25, 2020 6:12:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates