• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1713 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

[EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle 5 [Winners Announced] Reply to this Post

Let's revisit a blissfully simpler time back in 2006 when all a pirate need care about where shinies and battle glory!:

Contest opens now and closes at Midnight in about 25 hours and a bit from now. Posting a little early today, so for the next hour and a bit, both contests will be open! Let's hope no-one is too quick with their entries today!

If you can't earn respect, buy it. If you can't buy it, draw it.
Today your task is to design your pirate a coat of arms to give your character instant nobility.

If you look at the Wikipedia link above, on the top right, there's a breakdown of the normal parts of a coat of arms. You don't have to include all these elements - you can, if you wish, just have the shield section. Google image search (or similar) for coats of arms to get ideas if you're not sure what they normally look like.

Other online help, should you wish it, includes several bits of software available to help you design your own coat of arms. I've not used any of these personally, so I'm not putting a particular piece of software up here for you to use, but you're welcome to use a bit of software if you like for the basic shapes.

Your coat of arms should represent you and your achievements or position in the game (or, at least, what you hope will be your achievements and position in the game!). You should include a short description of your design, explaining why you chose the colors and elements that you did. If you include a motto in any language but English, please save me the translation time and provide a translation in your description!

• One entry per player please!
  • Entries only in this thread. If you have questions/comments, please put those in the main thread.
  • Please remember to include your pirate name and ocean.
  • Host your image(s) on Imgur.
  • Contest will finish at game time
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of Dec 17th at 11.00 am

The standard rules apply as per the main thread.
----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 10, 2021 7:06:29 AM]
[Dec 10, 2020 7:48:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Re: [EntryThread]2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle 5 Reply to this Post

Greyladyy of Cerulean (aka Greyl'eggy during egg-rendering time!)

The Coat of Arms represents my love of scrambling up eggs. For many years I have been the primary egg renderer, 'cause I just love seeing those flat drawings morphed into lovely eggs!

The Motto is "Opus - Mutatio - Ovum", which translates from the Latin as "Work - Change - Egg". This signifies the work each artist puts into creating the flat drawing, my job of rendering the flat - thus changing it into the final product, the egg.

The Crest is a trio of multi-colored carrots - a little temptation for the bunnies!

The Shield is represented by the Easter Egg. The colors of the egg represent each ocean, and were selected using the hex code for each ocean name.
Jade - #00A86B - upper left quadrant
Meridian - #BBD373 - upper right quadrant
Cerulean - #2A52BE - lower left quadrant
Emerald - #50C878 - lower right quadrant
Opal - #A8C3BC - ribbon and bow

The Supporters are, of course, Easter Bunnies! Who else could support my giant eggy shield! :)

The Name, Greyl'eggy of Cerulean, is on a bed of carrots. This is my "nom de plume" for Greyladyy during egg season.

Hope ye like it!

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Dec 15, 2020 10:30:50 PM]
[Dec 15, 2020 10:08:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FroGhoul

Larger Size

FrogHoul of Emerald

- The flag element represents my flag from 2006, The Far Side of Sage.
- The Crown represents being queen of my flag.
- The pizza on the right tentacle represents the 'No Pizza for You' message I get numerous times a day because I don't want to log off.
- The sloop on the left represents my love and dedication to Battle Navigation.
- The Octopus represents my first familiar/and addiction to Kraken Hunts.

Edit: Greylady, Thanks for letting me know it was too big.
Captain of Dauntless Temper
Lady of the flag No Parking
[Edit 2 times, last edit by FroGhoul at Dec 16, 2020 2:07:00 AM]
[Dec 15, 2020 10:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marijkeuh

I made a drawing. My coat of arms represents myself in real life as in game.

https://imgur.com/a/1PDaUuY

I didn't colored it cause I am a simpel person and I think a lot in black and white so that's the reason behind it.

At the left side you see a dog. A dog represents loyalty. I'm a very loyal person in game. I will do everything for my crewmates and I will not hop so easily from crew to crew when I finally feel good in a crew.
I choose a West Highland White Terriër as dog because that's the dog I have at home.
Next to the dog, you see a camel. The camel is symbol for humility. It's a serving animal but can be very stubborn as wel. In the middle ages it was also used to carry heavy liftings. I serve my crew. I'm someone who doesn't speak very high of herself so that is my humility. And in real life I have had some big issues passing by so that are the heavy liftings I carry but I'm still here.
To the left bottom you see a symbol that represents for me motherhood. I do everything for my son and it makes me the person I am in real life and in game.
At the right bottom side you see a symbol for perseverance. Like I already said I had some hard things happening in real life. But thanks to my perseverance I keep going and try to make the best out of it. That's why I used 'Carpe Diem' as a sentence This is Latin for 'Seize the day'.

This is me.

Marijkeuh, Emerald
[Dec 16, 2020 10:54:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean

The motto means "art for all" (probably, I used Google translate c:), and the crest is on an easel, to refer to my art contributions/art shop.

Going clockwise from top left, my first trinket (Corn Husk Doll), my first background (Sweethearts, chocolates with lace), my best puzzle (#1 in Treasure Drop), and my favorite puzzle (Swordfighting). The first two are what I think I'll be most recognized for, but the last two are what I might be most infamous for, haha.

The white color scheme represents the color I wear, and the red is the major color in the Sweethearts background.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 16, 2020 12:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Phaeirie, Emerald.

Top:
The Battle Cry : Yarrr!
The Crest: The Grey Havens ship logo
The Helmet: in this place is a skull, representing the Jolly Roger and also my love for frays.

Escutcheon:
Top left: Ivy for friendship
Top right: Rainbow to signify inclusivity and that everyone is welcome
Bottom left: Hand clutching a quill, showing my love for the Arrtsy side of Puzzle Pirates
Bottom right: Luck o' the Irish!
Bottom Centre: The waves represent the different Puzzle Pirates servers.

The Motto:
Craic agus Cairdeas (translation from Irish: Fun and Friendship)

Supporters:
My doggos - Maximus and Kuzco - it is their schedule for walks and snuggles that determines my puzzle time! Their gaze is fixed on the coney I discarded as a supporter!

The colours:
Gold for the Three Rings, founders of PP
Grey for Grey Havens, keeping the lights on and trying to keep the peace! <3
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Dec 16, 2020 4:52:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

I genuinely can't believe how many hours I spent on this thing. It might be the most fun I've ever had on a doodle... despite my burning eyes. What a wonderful way to revisit my pirate's greatest hits ;)

Wayfarer of Emerald

Helmet: A valkyrie helmet, practically the only hat I wear. There are 10 feathers in the helmet to represent the 10 years I've been Wayfarer!
Supporter (left): Gelado, my tan monkey and the first fam I ever owned.
Supporter (right): Nomad, my purple octopus which used to be my dream fam.
Coat of arms (from the top down, and clockwise):
-The moon: This is less related to my pirate, but there's a coat of arms associated with my great grandmother's name and it has the moon on it. I like to think it's part of my pirate self's backstory, too.
-A hammer crossed with a paintbrush: The hammer represents both carpentry and rumble (as my bludgeon of choice), which are two of my favorite puzzles and the first two puzzles I reached ultimate at. The paintbrush represents my love of art-- from painting portrait backgrounds, to the one trinket I designed, to doodles, to drawing avatars for people.
- The dock: Represents my love of all the landside activities-- tournaments, crafting, chatting with friends at someone's house, playing cards.
-The ocean: Represents my love of all the sea activities.
-A sailor's knot: To signify my love of sailing, which was my first favorite puzzle.
-Roses: One of my favorite trinkets is a rose colored rose commemorating the Dread Poet's Society forum event I competed in, which really combined three of my favorite things: poetry, competing, and puzzle pirates.
-Braids (outside): My hair! Not many pirates attempt to rock orange pigtails but I've been trying for a decade now!

Motto: "Non omnes vagantes deerant" is, according to the internet, the latin translation of "Not all those who wander are lost." A great quote from Tolkien that somehow manages to link together both wayfarers and Three Rings :)

The colors:
The green of the valkyrie helmet, banner, and background to the crossed hammer and paintbrush is "Malachite Green" according to Pantone. My very first real home on here was Malachite.
The navy and white of the hammer are just the colors I usually pick when I order a new hammer.
The red of the paintbrush represents the red of the first valkyrie hat I wore in my first portrait on Wayfarer.
The wave colors of the waters represent all the different voyage types I've embarked on-- atlantean, inky, night blue, and indigo to represent the different sea monsters, and the ocean's classic teal for pillaging, blockading, running expos, and doing flotillas.
Finally, the color in the background of the moon is "Obsidian," which is where I made a lot of happy memories, too.
Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
[Edit 3 times, last edit by wuppypuppy2 at Dec 17, 2020 6:12:10 AM]
[Dec 16, 2020 9:40:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Cptnronen of Cerulean Ocean

Motto : Give me ALL the Light Green!
Top Left : First color Familiar (Brown monkey) tournament win, Swordfighting with random Scimitars. Very memorable, was against someone who has been my hearty since.
Top Right : My plan to sail into the sunset with Cerulean Ocean.
Bottom Left : Light Green.
Bottom Right : Talking with my hearties keeping me in-game.

Please forgive the shoddy quality. I did this with Paint.net (Basically upgraded MS Paint)

I also briefly considered just a crest of 4x light green panels ... haha
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Dec 16, 2020 9:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha on Emerald

Motto: è solo un'illusione - (italian for "it is all just an illusion")

Colour: different shades of gold and brown
- Gold signifies worthy ambition
- Brown signifies stability

Ostrich plumes - knowledge and understanding
Four blocks in shield - Unity and honor

Grapes - goodness and providence
Grapevine - strong and lasting friendships

Ship - adventure
Ship wheel entwined on anchor - direction, hope and fortune
Treasure chest - Plenty, wealth
Treasure map - adventure

Pink background - Royal majesty, sovereignty and justice.

In short, in an escape from reality, the illusion of gaining status, riches and everlasting friends, plunder and steal or fight the undead, this coat of arms signifies all I have achieved in my digital world on PuzzlePirates land.

... and yes, I sail under the flag - Illusion.
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 17, 2020 3:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

A tiara because I'm a Princess (obviously).
Roses as a sort of mantle/ helmet aspect because along with tiaras I also like to wear laurels. 12 Roses 12th order of the Jolly roger this year and red because roses are always best when they're red.

My main colours are blue and purple because they're my favourites.
Top Left: My new found love for distilling, I've been working on this puzzle all year and very pleased with myself on how I've improved.
Top Right: a white Ippolito to represent my entire (currently 214) familiar collection.
Bottom Left: A bomber kit because of all the time I've spent kraken hunting.
Bottom Right: A cannon ball because I also love gunning.

Motto:Virescit vulnere virtus (Courage grows strong at a wound). It's the Stewart Clan motto and with my last name being Stewart and how I feel like these words represent me on a personal level too It felt right to use them here.

Princessmg
Emerald
~Princessmg~
[Dec 17, 2020 4:23:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wobblysquab

Squabbles - Emerald

At the very top is my beloved banana octopus, Bernadette. I won her in a mystery box and almost cried! Around her and the shield there are flowers and a ribbon to represent my hoarding nature of laurels (among other things)

The top left of my shield follows on from the laurels, as these are the clothing items I love the most - the laurel, vest with scarf, short wrap and curly slippers.

The top right is our boy Vargas the Mad. I have run Cursed Isles for 10 years now so it was only fitting to throw him in there.

Bottom left is of the greatest pony in the world, Petunia... with her tongue sticking out! I've amassed a large amount of ponies (and still many more to get) but Petunia's a sentimental one in particular.

Bottom right is two of the sheep that I own. Before collecting ponies I was collecting all the sheep in the game which I managed to finish, and one of the sheep that took me the longest to find was the spring green one.

And at the very bottom, there are two snakes. Since running CIs, I have won over 30 serpents across all oceans, so the two in this drawing are my two favourite CI colour combinations.

Lastly, the quote at the bottom is in very very very very VERY verrrrry verrrrrry VERRRRRY loose Latin, saying "In Squab We Trust"... I hope!

I like gaudy colours so most of the colours in my coat of arms are completely tacky and fantastic. ;)
(the fact it looks like a trophy was completely unintentional!)
Squabbles/Lacklustre/Wobblysquab on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Wobblysquab at Dec 17, 2020 6:41:32 AM]
[Dec 17, 2020 5:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mutro

Mutro of Emerald

https://imgur.com/a/qe4iIVI

Explanation: navy/grey are my crew colors, Privateers; where I'm fleet officer (the reason of the feathers). the black flag in the middle is due to our flag.

The crossed hammer and trinket are to show off my favourite puzzle: carping and my slight atlantis addiction.

"Save All, Waste All" has been my motto in this game since ever: save all my poe carefully and whenever I find something useful, just spend it all. sometimes on not-so useful stuff too.

The anchor? I've been playing over a decade, andI have been on and off the game many times (3 accounts lol) but since I always come back, I'm literally "anchored" here lol.
Mutro (and others) in Sag...Emerald Ocean.
[Dec 17, 2020 9:02:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Closed!
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Dec 17, 2020 12:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Thank you all for keeping Clotho distracted today so I can get these posted!

Greyladyy - Red/Yellow Mark II sloop Anticipated Gift, a bluegrey Winter Ornament and 10 Shiny Sun points!
FrogHoul - a Giant Pirate Nutcracker, a bluegrey Winter Ornament and 5 Shiny Sun points!
Cattrin - a Giant Pirate Nutcracker, a bluegrey Winter Ornament and 5 Shiny Sun points!

Honorable Mentions to: Phaeirie and Alpha - you both win a bluegrey Winter Ornament, some pocket lint, and 1 Shiny Sun point!

ACK! I hear her returning... time to flee!
Later...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 10, 2021 7:07:55 AM]
[Jan 10, 2021 7:05:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greyladyy - Red/Yellow Mark II sloop Anticipated Gift, a bluegrey Winter Ornament and 10 Shiny Sun points!

Oh my! Thank you SO much! I love the shippy and the ornament, but I am over the moon about the Shiny Sun points - finally enough to get a colored familiar! Whoo hoo!

Congrats to all of the other winners, and thanks to all of the participating OM's for another fun set of Doodles! :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Jan 10, 2021 2:01:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Gratz everyone

Honorable Mentions to: Phaeirie and Alpha - you both win a bluegrey Winter Ornament, some pocket lint, and 1 Shiny Sun point!

Thank you <3.
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Jan 10, 2021 8:16:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Is pocket lint tradeable?

and Thank you! :D
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jan 11, 2021 1:07:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates