• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2083 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

[EntryThread] 2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle Three! Winners Announced! Reply to this Post

For this Doodle, we are jumping back in time to 2009 when Apollo ran a quick Doodle on Christmas Day with the delightful title of 'Feather Christmas'.

Today, I would like you to make a parrot feather, please! If you want inspiration, you can base your feather on the parrot feather trinket. You can use any materials you want, as long as you end up with a real-life object rather than just a drawing! (I'd prefer if you end up with an object that holds its shape when picked up, but if you only have jell-o and cake to work with, do your best!).

A wonderfully simple task for ye and you are not limited to two colors unlike the actual in game trinket. You can make it as garish or as simple as you want! You can provide pictures of your work in progress, but only the finished picture will be judged. Please read the following carefully!

• One entry per player please!
  • Entries only in this thread. If you have questions/comments, please put those in the main thread.
  • Host your image(s) on Imgur.
  • Please remember to include a card with your pirate name and ocean in each photo you post.
  • Contest will finish at game time
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of Dec 10th at 11.00 am

The standard rules apply as per the main thread.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 11, 2020 1:35:54 PM]
  • [Dec 8, 2020 10:08:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Re: [EntryThread] 2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle Three! Deadline Dec 10th at 11.00 am Reply to this Post

Greyladyy of Cerulean

Materials1 Materials2

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
    [Dec 8, 2020 11:58:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Marijkeuh

Re: [EntryThread] 2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle Three! Deadline Dec 10th at 11.00 am Reply to this Post

I used wool to make my feather and I have fixated it with some hairspray.

Marijkeuh on Emerald

Marijkeuh's feather
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Marijkeuh at Dec 9, 2020 10:22:28 AM]
    [Dec 9, 2020 10:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    RonenOsden

As I am slightly obsessed with Light green. One of the things I want most in game, is a Light green/white Parrot feather trinket.

Full Gallery

Holding the feather
    Front
    Back
    WIP 1
    WIP 2
    WIP 3
    Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
    Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
    [Dec 9, 2020 1:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
    Mutro

After some thought, I decided to clean the dust off my old k'nex pieces and did a little feather in the best layout i could think of.

Mutro of emerald
    https://imgur.com/a/eUV7o6v
    https://imgur.com/a/DgAa8ya

... and yeah, these links actually (and hopefully) will work.
    Mutro (and others) in Sag...Emerald Ocean.
    [Dec 9, 2020 5:51:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

Wayfarer of Emerald

Orange/Navy Parrot Feather

My crocheted feather! I've never crocheted anything other than hats before.
    Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
    [Dec 9, 2020 9:37:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha on Emerald

A chocolate yummy-ness

Material used
    Progress
    Progress
    Almost done
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Dec 10, 2020 1:48:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Wobblysquab

Squabbles - Emerald

What's more gaudy than random mess and glitter?

Materials

Progress (thinking foam wasn't a good idea)

Squabbles/Lacklustre/Wobblysquab on Emerald
    [Dec 10, 2020 4:19:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean

A quill for smaller pirate hands, made out of scraps of floral sticky notes and a little bit of glue.
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 10, 2020 6:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Phaeirie, Emerald

Pipe cleaners, scrap trim, glue *hot hot glue!, and gold spray.

Materials Progress 1
    Progress 2

p.s. If my hand looks a bit big and hairy, I've not turned into a werewolf, that's just Mrs Phaerie giving a helping hand ;)
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Dec 10, 2020 8:26:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mellyssa

Elyzz - Emerald

Decided my feather had to be a proper quill, so there is a small pencil in the end to write with :)

Materials
    https://imgur.com/H9ohmFx

Progress
    https://imgur.com/9HLiv8r
    Elyzz from Midnight Cerulean Emerald
    [Dec 10, 2020 9:54:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    karabiner

Yetidave Emerald

bit of plywood https://imgur.com/evOpyGy

painting https://imgur.com/qKGImkn

finished

quill https://imgur.com/LU8VXKd
    Yetidave from Caravanserai, Emerald
    [Dec 10, 2020 10:10:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jadesteph

Redjade
    Emerald

https://imgur.com/a/uNxIdvK

Some hot glue and paint
    [Dec 10, 2020 10:56:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

..and CLOSED!

Nemesis has tagged in now for her Doodles - go take a look!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Dec 10, 2020 11:04:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemesis
    OceanMaster

In this Doodle, we all learn about kindness, love, and a glimpse into how Yetidave got his name. Bless you <3.
    Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
    Later...
    Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
    ----------------------------
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 10, 2020 11:40:58 AM]
    [Dec 10, 2020 11:36:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

So many different ideas on how to create a feather; I loved every one of them!

The winner of this Doodle was Alpha for their fantastic chocolate feather - totally tasty! They win a renamed sloop (Feathered Gift) and a winter ornament as well as THREE shiny sun points! Congratulations!

Runners up winning a bird cage and pile of (feather stuffed) pillows each are Redjade and Elyzz. You two also get a winter ornament trinket and one shiny sun point each.

Prizes have been delivered.

Thank you again for all your entries! My set of doodles is done now, but Nemesis has posted Doodle Four and there are plenty more doodles yet to come, so keep those entries coming! Remember, if you enter them all you could be a Dedicated Doodler for 2020!
    [Dec 11, 2020 1:35:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Yay! Alpha's was my favourite. Being honest, anything with chocolate is a winner in my book. Was it as tasty as it looked?
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Dec 12, 2020 3:42:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mellyssa

Exactly what I thought, congrats Alpha :)
    Elyzz from Midnight Cerulean Emerald
    [Dec 12, 2020 6:18:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

I particularly loved Cptrnronen's and Mutro's- they get my totally unofficial honorable mention with no prizes attached. The entries for this one were so cool? truly a showcase of diverse doodling skill.
    Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by wuppypuppy2 at Dec 12, 2020 6:25:40 AM]
    [Dec 12, 2020 6:25:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jadesteph

I agree; the entries were definitely cool. It's inspiring to see all those creative works in one event. Congrats, Alpha!! And thanks, Hera! :D
    [Dec 12, 2020 7:00:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    RonenOsden

Congrats to everyone! Love the variety of entry’s!

Thx for the unofficial honorable mention :P
    Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
    Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
    [Dec 12, 2020 10:17:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Super cool entries and ^_^ thank you <3 chocolate for the win.
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by patrys12 at Dec 14, 2020 2:04:07 AM]
    [Dec 14, 2020 2:03:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates