• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2162 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

[EntryThread] 2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle Two! Winners Announced! Reply to this Post

Thirteen years ago, the lovely Apollo ran 'Fair Windows' which, unusually for early doodles, ran over a couple of days and so was a more 'demanding' doodle. You lucky pirates get even more time than the two days that Apollo gave you. You will have until the 8th to submit your entry!

Apollo said, with some minor edits:

I would like you to make me a stained glass window. Well, perhaps not a window. A stained glass window picture that the light can shine through, perhaps! The material is your choice. You may be able to draw a picture on a transparent surface, or you can stick together translucent beads or candies, use up that jello from last weekend, stick colored plastic packaging together, a silk painting, a glass painting... hopefully you get the idea. It should be something that the light can shine through, but the materials with which you achieve that are your choice.

The theme of the stained glass window is your choice, but should be at least vaguely piratey, and there should be a reference to Christmas seasonal celebrations in it.

You will need to provide at least two pictures of your creation - one should be a photo of your creation against an opaque surface, so we get to see how it looks as created; one should be a photo of your creation with light shining through it (e.g. held up against a window).

• One entry per player please!
  • Entries only in this thread. If you have questions/comments, please put those in the main thread.
  • Host your image(s) on Imgur.
  • Please remember to include a card with your pirate name and ocean in each photo you post.
  • Contest will finish at game time
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of Dec 8th at 11.00 am

The standard rules apply as per the main thread.
    Edit: Clarified that a referencing seasonal celebrations is fine, not just limiting to 'Christmas'.

(yes, I know I'm early. Wasn't sure I'd be up in time to post this correctly tomorrow!)
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 8, 2020 1:35:26 PM]
  • [Dec 2, 2020 11:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Marijkeuh

Re: [EntryThread] 2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle Two! Deadline Dec 8th at 11.00 am Reply to this Post

I made 2 videos about it. Hope it will be good :)

https://imgur.com/oPimpa2

https://imgur.com/70oIWGT
    [Dec 4, 2020 10:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mellyssa

Re: [EntryThread] 2020 December (not) Daily Doodles, Doodle Two! Deadline Dec 8th at 11.00 am Reply to this Post

Oh wow, doodles!

While looking for materials I found an empty bottle (erm pirate?). The baubles are inspired by the stars in the nav puzzle. I have used some of the tree lights stuffed inside the bottle as a light source and also taken one in front of a window.

https://imgur.com/AWgknsp
    https://imgur.com/7BjerlO
    https://imgur.com/1cEm2Zh
    Elyzz from Midnight Cerulean Emerald
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by mellyssa at Dec 6, 2020 11:39:57 AM]
    [Dec 6, 2020 7:20:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    karabiner

Yetidave

Emerald

https://imgur.com/Tuw5WEA
    https://imgur.com/3eQyGnG
    https://imgur.com/8sFM6zr
    Yetidave from Caravanserai, Emerald
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by karabiner at Dec 6, 2020 11:40:21 AM]
    [Dec 6, 2020 9:19:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean

Here is my "stained glass" lantern...

...unlit...

...by the window...

...in the dark, lit...

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
    [Dec 6, 2020 11:55:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Emerald

My recycling has just gone out with all my clear things, so I decided to use a scrap of bubble wrap for a 'pixel art' look.

It's one octopus presenting another with some mistletoe with a ribbon!
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 6, 2020 12:34:58 PM]
    [Dec 6, 2020 12:34:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

Wayfarer of Emerald, breaking da rulez for some Hannukah content.

lit link

It's a hanukkiah/menorah longship, with lights along the portholes and mast. Made with a clean dog poop bag, a grocery bag, and flower petals. I didn't have any scissors, hence the "rustic" look!

picture 1
    picture 2
    Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by wuppypuppy2 at Dec 7, 2020 11:21:01 AM]
    [Dec 7, 2020 11:18:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    RonenOsden

As I live on the west coast, it is rainy and next to no sun. So I had to use my light pad for a back-light.

Un-lit Picture

Lit Picture
    Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
    Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
    [Dec 7, 2020 1:34:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
    Mutro

Mutro of Emerald Ocean

Tried something simple but useful by "X-masifying" my dad's radio/led torchlight.

https://imgur.com/a/Tul6AUZ
    https://imgur.com/a/9kXZgxf

And yeah, the eyepatch remained from the last doodle. Unoriginal, but Piratesque.
    Mutro (and others) in Sag...Emerald Ocean.
    [Dec 7, 2020 6:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha on Emerald

File Dividers came in handy with the making of this stained glass window.

Materials used
    In Progress
    In Progress
    Almost done
    Done
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by patrys12 at Dec 8, 2020 1:32:31 AM]
    [Dec 8, 2020 1:22:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Phaeirie, Emerald

I had to improvise with stuff from my cupboard and shed! The paint is clear varnish dyed with food colouring. The lead is permanent marker. The glass was from the recycle bin.

Skull with snowflake and holly.

Lit

Unlit

Progress and Materials 1

Progress and Materials 2
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Dec 8, 2020 10:42:57 AM]
    [Dec 8, 2020 10:42:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jadesteph

Redjade
    Emerald Ocean

I hope you can see the card.

https://i.imgur.com/NYZkBYo.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/NYZkBYo.jpg
    [Dec 8, 2020 10:58:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

.. and closed! Go check out Doodle Three while I find my judging hat!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Dec 8, 2020 11:24:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Pretty, pretty entries! I couldn't decide on just one winner this time, so we have joint winners:

Yetidave and Phaeirie both win renamed sloops (Illuminated Gift and Recycled Gift respectively), a winter ornament trinket and THREE shiny sun points!

Runners up are:

Redjade and Alpha who both will find in their inventories a crossed candy cane and a festive fir so they can start decorating for the season. They also get a winter ornament trinket and ONE shiny sun point (each - not to share).

Thank you all who entered, and remember if you enter every doodle you may be crowned a Dedicated Doodler at the end of the event! So go look at Feather Christmas (Doodle Three) up now!
    [Dec 8, 2020 1:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Yay! Thank you so very much! I love the sloop, she's a (Christmas) cracker of a boat. <3

Well done to all who entered, I'm always amazed at how differently we all interpret the same brief.
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Dec 8, 2020 2:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

I am amazed by how original and creative you guys are!
    All entries were stunning.
    Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
    [Dec 9, 2020 1:53:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    RonenOsden

Amazing job everyone! Fantastic to see the amount of participation for these doodles!
    Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
    Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
    [Dec 9, 2020 9:28:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Great job mates, and congrats to the winners!
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
    [Dec 9, 2020 9:49:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Thank you Hera
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 1, 2021 9:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates