• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1605 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Mordidax

In response to recent changes: Reply to this Post

The only thing the OM's ever respond with is feed the forum trolls, so here I am.

Now, as for the greedy nerf; This needed to be done before Greedies were added to the main oceans or at least shortly after. All SMH's were significantly nerfed, now you've nerfed Greedies, years after people have accumulated millions from using the systems that were available to them. These changes one after the other have amounted to a completely unbalanced economy. Casual players and those who have returned after years away, or imagine, actual greenies now have no way to make poe to compete with those who are still sitting on loads that they've had for years. Greedies were meant to help with that but they inflated the economy to an unsustainable level. It was never acceptable to have a no-risk ability to make 100k poe per hour per person.

I really think the greedy nerf was the wrong call at this point in time since the damage is already done.

What you needed to do was add an in game poe sink, an actually useful one, that would have taken the poe from the top tier that inflated the economy and decreased Greedies to a lesser extent so that others could still aspire to the same levels.

What I think the sink needs to be is a permanent box, like the black boxes, that costs like 200k and has inside it retired items, familiars, mystery box pets, gold box pets, furniture, etc. Say RNGesus rolls you the 1% for a retired familiar, it then rolls again to see which familiar you win. This would tank the economy back to reasonable levels without hurting any one specific item. And as it only contains retired items, it shouldn't stop people from buying dubloons with real money when mystery boxes come out with brand new items and the chromas we all love so much.

With a system like that, people wouldn't stop after getting the skellie parrot like black boxes, they would keep trying until they got the specific familiar they've always wanted, it would be a consistent sink that also reintroduced items to the game that have been lost to bans and retirees.

Please use future releases to balance this economy.
----------------------------------------
Mordida ~ Princess & Flirt of Meridian's Most Wanted
Cyblade ~ Lady of Poor Life Decisions <3
[Dec 2, 2020 12:46:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Croceye

Re: In response to recent changes: Reply to this Post

+1 :)

For sure would make me interested in actually pillying again
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Croceye at Dec 2, 2020 2:44:29 PM]
[Dec 2, 2020 2:43:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darkings

I'm just stating my arguments, I do not intend to defend them so don't bother answering me, but I would like to give another perspective on this update.

1st: Greedy chests were introduced so that new players could get a little boost, with this I mean they intended to buff easy pillages.

2nd: Unfortunately the system had a lot of flaws, and its normal since by what people told me the testers still amount to the Ice users...

3rd: The last updates follow a pattern (combating RMT) and if you think outside the box you can deduct that the division bug is an open door for it.

4th:They hired a new developer, if they intend to create new content it has to compete with the current payouts (if its sinkable content). And if they are going with that route I do support the nerf in the long run.

Was 1:1 ratio the best option ?
Nope, but if they don't want to fix the greedy chests division its the best one because of point 3.
You have to think from the less skilled players point of view, they usually don't stay for long in the pillys, and this divison is the best option for them.

Heck if you really like to show off how great you are at striking them you can suggest new content around it, maybe tournaments Idk wait and see what this new developer will bring.
[Dec 2, 2020 3:28:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
K3vlarr

Really good idea :) This greedy nerf is too much & comes far too late and desperately requires some additional follow up changes. Alongside the massively reduced ways of bringing PoE into the economy now, we also need new ways to remove the massive reserves that people are sitting on. The economy since I've started playing again has always been rich players trading with rich players, while poor people desperately do greedies etc to try and save up to even enter the market. Now there's no options for entering those markets (I can barely save up enough for LE Pets now, never mind expensive fams), but a PoE sink like this should remove some of the massive gold reserves, while also reintroducing some really cool items to the game that I've never seen due to not playing for so many years.

A PoE sink along these lines should definitely be considered alongside some of the other suggestion threads to slightly reduce the restrictions on greedies, and potentially with buffs to SMHs to reduce the appeal of private bashing but thats another discussion :P

TL;DR: +1 good stuff <3
~ Kev
[Edit 1 times, last edit by K3vlarr at Dec 6, 2020 9:44:17 AM]
[Dec 6, 2020 9:43:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vocatus

I'm just stating my arguments, I do not intend to defend them so don't bother answering me, but I would like to give another perspective on this update.

1st: Greedy chests were introduced so that new players could get a little boost, with this I mean they intended to buff easy pillages.

2nd: Unfortunately the system had a lot of flaws, and its normal since by what people told me the testers still amount to the Ice users...

3rd: The last updates follow a pattern (combating RMT) and if you think outside the box you can deduct that the division bug is an open door for it.

4th:They hired a new developer, if they intend to create new content it has to compete with the current payouts (if its sinkable content). And if they are going with that route I do support the nerf in the long run.

Nope, but if they don't want to fix the greedy chests division its the best one because of point 3.
You have to think from the less skilled players point of view, they usually don't stay for long in the pillys, and this divison is the best option for them.

Heck if you really like to show off how great you are at striking them you can suggest new content around it, maybe tournaments Idk wait and see what this new developer will bring.

It looks like the new developer is working on updating the old mobile/tablet files.
[Dec 7, 2020 5:40:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

It looks like the new developer is working on updating the old mobile/tablet files.

They have tried with Ipad and all that stuff and did not make much difference at all. This thread is about ideas for Poe Sinks to help balance the economy not de-railing it with other issues.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Dec 7, 2020 9:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
astronaut13

Awesome idea!
Pellaeon

Armyboy says, "if we had money in our flag brian we would of owned"

Korte tells ye, "show me the nudes"
[Feb 1, 2021 1:23:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates