• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1597 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Gascony

When danger reared its ugly head.... Reply to this Post

Upon entering a CI map, we saw five red ships arrayed against us. They were mostly in the middle, too, so even changing to the other side wouldn't have helped. We took some damage going in. The exit was not pretty.

Suppose, upon seeing this unwelcome defensive force, we had bravely turned our tail and fled, re-entering the safe zone? I think we would find ourselves back out at the LP, minus any accumulated thralls, boarders, and tokens. (Is that right?) The question is about re-entering the board in the hope of facing fewer enemies.

Would we have a chance of getting an easier board if we:
* re-enter immediately? This seems like too simple a dodge. I'm guessing it doesn't work.
* re-enter after some interval? 5 minutes? 20 minutes?
* re-enter only after someone else has gone in, because those red ships will be there for the next ship that goes in, whenever that may be?

The surest method would be to sail home and switch to a CI off a different island, but no true pirate would be that craven.
[Dec 2, 2020 12:27:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: When danger reared its ugly head.... Reply to this Post

The board will clear out and reset its red ships/rafts/whatever when the map has been empty for one full segment. Slightly over 20 minutes guarantees this.

(I'm not fully sure how it interacts with the breaks, whether it checks at the start, end or both. For safety I'd assume leave before the break starts, enter after the next one has ended.)

If someone else is on the map, including them being on the island fighting cultists, the map will not reset.

--

I think we would find ourselves back out at the LP, minus any accumulated thralls, boarders, and tokens. (Is that right?)

Mostly correct. Boarders don't get cleared out instantly, the game tracks how many you had and slowly drops the number over time. (This is mostly because in the early days of Atlantis, people would not hire a MAA and when they were nearly overrun, they'd just exit and re-enter)
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 2, 2020 3:06:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates