• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 819 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
patgangster

Is it time for black boxes: Series 7? Reply to this Post

It has now been slightly over 3 years since series 6 launched, and historically we got new series reasonably often (Roughly every year or year and a half until series 5, then 3 years until series 6).

I believe it is time to give players a reason to waste spend their PoE on some fancy, new black boxes again, perhaps now with player-suggested rewards?

Potential rewards I'd like to see:
Top-end:
  • A new, fancy familiar! Could be a skeletal version of an existing one we haven't had yet, or it could be a black-colored familiar we haven't seen yet: Spider, Lobster, Serpent, Dragon? Or, "breaking the rules", even a monkey or parrot?
  • Black pet! We haven't seen the regular fox, a sea otter, or a wolverine (Untradable reward, could get people to drop some good PoE on it if they want it?) in black yet!

I'm sure others have ideas and thoughts too, if you have ideas, throw some in there too, if you like the idea of seeing new black boxes!
High-end:
Recycle of some black pets that have shown up many years ago:
  • Pony
  • Big Dog
  • Jaguar / other big cat
  • Elephant

Recycle of some black furniture that showed up in old black boxes:
  • Poker table
  • Painted chest
  • Maybe some new ones too?

----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Dec 1, 2020 10:37:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joinme4gold

Re: Is it time for black boxes: Series 7? Reply to this Post

I think Skeleton Dragon would make the most sense here. I definitely +1 the post and the Black Yeti/Wolverine
[Jan 7, 2021 2:44:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joaoo99

I mean, everyone love those boxes and it is kinda addictive to keep clicking on that buy black box button.

It is a good way to keep us entertained and sink some PoE in the process. And since we are talking about "breaking the rules"... why not a skeleton pet?
Joaoo says, "Teach me rumbling :P"
Rudis says, "you click with mouse pow pow"
Rudis says, "done!"
[Jan 8, 2021 2:03:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

+1 HARD
I'm Jazz, the loud-mouth OM wanna-be Innkeep.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin.
[Jan 8, 2021 2:57:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

+1 HARD
I'm Jazz, the loud-mouth OM wanna-be Innkeep.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin.
[Jan 8, 2021 2:57:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Oooh yes.... plain black fox *drooooooooooools*
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 8, 2021 3:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Croceye

+1, cant tell you how much I would sink if there was a dragon fam you could get out of it xD
[Jan 8, 2021 9:30:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Something I would really like added is an ability to bring back Antediluvian Conch as a prize, can possibly make it more rare than the special familiar I think would be great and raise black box price to 15k or 20k.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Jan 8, 2021 2:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates