• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 894 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Jonneyy

Add Lavish Lockers to flotilla treasure Haul! Reply to this Post

Since there is a new Developer I thought I would give this idea a shot and post it here!

The idea is, to add Lavish Lockers to flotilla treasure haul!
The connection is there, since you get Lavish Lockers from Brigands and Barbarians and in a Flotilla you fight their Kings! And since the new patch note release it is harder to get Lavish Lockers, so this would be a nice extra to get the rewards that LLs give and it would help loading and sinking flotillas!
Additional to that, its not like saying "make Flotilla give more poe!" what would result in people wanting more poe from SMHs aswell, but every SMH has Chests in their TH so there is nothing to complain about that it would be unfair!

I would love to hear back from you guys about this idea since it is a real pain loading flotillas!
----------------------------------------
Jonneyy
Opal:
http://opal.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Jonneyy
Emerald:
http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Jonneyy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jonneyy at Nov 30, 2020 11:15:37 AM]
[Nov 30, 2020 11:14:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Add Lavish Lockers to flotilla treasure Haul! Reply to this Post

Funnily enough, in pillage battles the BKs don't have greedy brigands.

Outside of that, it could work! It probably shouldn't give out too many to prevent the pay from flotillas from going too high (Or, actually, maybe it should, because of the limited availability of flotillas, I think them being better than SMHs and such would actually be a good thing), and I definitely like the idea to give a boost to the currently underperforming flotillas.

If the idea of giving out pillaging rewards on flotillas is not what GH wants, maybe as an alternative they could be slightly different boxes, giving out its rewards in slightly different color schemes or something? There's lots of lobster color combinations possible that are not taken up by the limited "color groups" palette in pillages!
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Nov 30, 2020 11:29:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spiced1

Since there is a new Developer I thought I would give this idea a shot and post it here!

The idea is, to add Lavish Lockers to flotilla treasure haul!
The connection is there, since you get Lavish Lockers from Brigands and Barbarians and in a Flotilla you fight their Kings! And since the new patch note release it is harder to get Lavish Lockers, so this would be a nice extra to get the rewards that LLs give and it would help loading and sinking flotillas!
Additional to that, its not like saying "make Flotilla give more poe!" what would result in people wanting more poe from SMHs aswell, but every SMH has Chests in their TH so there is nothing to complain about that it would be unfair!

I would love to hear back from you guys about this idea since it is a real pain loading flotillas!

+ 1 for LL's in Flotilla Attacks. There needs to be more of an incentive to job with a Flotila
Umami on the Emerald Ocean
[Nov 30, 2020 12:49:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Willepi

+1 For adding LL to Flotilla runs. They are extremely unrepresented as is. And also hard to get the large ships loaded to run them successfully. A WF spawn is enough to make a Xebec entry insanely difficult to pull off.

I would also warmly like to see a better chance of actually getting chests or some sort of reward from Haunted Seas and Cursed Isles. Cursed Isles are objectively one of the most fun things to do in-game, but the payout for about 1,5h of intense non-stop work per entry is ridiculously low, especially with the sinking risk.
~Willepi, Captain of Emerald Swords on Emerald Ocean.

Kamaji says, "Will you scrub :["
[Nov 30, 2020 12:57:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

+1 for adding some kind of chest in flottilas.

If LL's were to be added it would be nice, as Pat mentioned, to have a different color palette coming from Flottila LL's.
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Nov 30, 2020 1:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

+1 if you add skilled swabbies into the mix as well for lavish lockers.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Nov 30, 2020 10:00:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ypppedro

+1 to adding LL to flotilla treasure hauling

(maybe even a BK exclusive item for taking down the flotilla)
Pedro on Emerald
[Dec 1, 2020 10:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

+1 to the idea. Loved Flots years ago. Love them still having come back again now. Any idea to buff the rewards for the jobbers is welcome. Notice I said jobbers because voyage runners get quite a bit from doing a sinky flot at this point. And with LLs there is no "VO" type thing going on. So if a xebec of 45 goes in, sinks a bunch of greens in an hour, jobbers get a payout of about 10-15k depending on the hauling opportunities and the reds sunk. If folks come out with 3-4 greedy trinkets and now could have made 20k-100k, thats a reason to job. Oh and the chance of a pet/fami.

And yes, if there is an issue with LLs not fitting the "BK theme" then thats fine. Make up a new set of chests with rewards themed to it.

Oh, and I would also add that it might be prudent to have the LLs only show up in the green sinks TH wrecks. Otherwise, you might have someone exploit it by taking on Brynhild and just sink LSes all day, hauling and hauling.
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Emerald Ocean-
[Feb 4, 2021 11:04:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Sounds like a nice addition which taps on existing mechanics. +1 to everything here.

Except that fanchuan-ing annoying skilled swabbies spam.
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Feb 5, 2021 9:28:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates