• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1343 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Furarri

Slimbottom has sailed on Reply to this Post

Howdy all,

For those who remember Slimbottom, he passed on peacefully yesterday.

Slimbottom was known for loving to pilly, no ship was safe. He honestly was a terrible swordfighter with a brilliant mind for tactics. The sloop was always his favorite and sunk every ship up to a GF in it.

He was self taught and figured a lot of things out that no one else had. Everyone laughed at him loading up a sloop for a kade. He might have sunk or.... he might have sunk you. He did things differently from the regular pirates and he passed this knowledge on to his crew event though a few of them were a bit underage (cough, cough Logan). He taught his crew and he cared deeply for many of his crew.

He ran pillys until they became a bit boring, then he became a trader. He carried fruit, a lot of which was acquired from other ships floating at reboot. ;) Then he ran goods, CBs, KB, etc. from outposts.

Slimbottom was in RL a poker player and, like me, mourned the fact that there was no-limit poker in PP. The poker poe won that funds blockades and island paving. He did not feel it belonged in the game and rarely played it.

Many of those who played in PPs heyday have found their ships on the wrong side of Slim's cannon, He actually did gun and nav at the same time consistently and successfully. As a proper captain, he passed this knowledge on to the crew. We had a long list of instructions for new officers which they needed to know before getting their rank. He urged pirates to pilly. If no one would go with a new officer, he would. (no pressure LOL)

This leads up to PVPs: that was Slim's greatest joy. The crew embraced it as well. Pilly Cheesesteaks was the probably the longest actively PVPing Sea Lords on Hunter. Many crews stop PVPing after they achieve Sea Lords, but Slim loved it and continued for years.

Slim was a pirate! He played the part of a pirate to the chagrin of many, sometimes including myself. Slim was not a nice man, he was a Good man. That is how he lived his life.

KILL THE LANDLUBBERS!
----------------------------------------

.... submarines are out!
Slimbottom won't like this at all.

Awesome avatar by Terrify! Thanks!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Furarri at Nov 30, 2020 6:12:10 AM]
[Nov 30, 2020 5:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Re: Slimbottom has sailed on Reply to this Post

RIP. :(
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 3, 2020 2:43:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Oh man, sorry to hear ):
I wanna say the usual phrase "Hopefully he is in a better place now" but it sounds so odd to say.
Instead i'll say:

A toast to his life, and all the great moments and memories.
Yumisa World Wide~
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Dec 3, 2020 3:37:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
vocatus

Wow huge shock.

RIP Slim. Slim was huge impact on me in my early days and learnt Bnav him whilst I was in the crew.

Reached out to you on FB Fur if you need anything please let me know.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vocatus at Dec 3, 2020 9:51:40 PM]
[Dec 3, 2020 9:51:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I remember arguing viciously with him on the forums. Therefore I shall be praying for the eternal repose of his soul, and doing penance. Perhaps I can gain an indulgence for him, as well.

Requiescat in pace, good man.

Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Dec 5, 2020 10:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates