• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1360 times and has 8 replies
Asterakis

Truth has to be told.. Reply to this Post

Dissapointment, that's one feeling i didn't expect from YPP after all these years of gaming.

Ahoy fellow Pirates, there are "millions" of things I'd like to share with you but this is not the right time nor place.

Allow me to narrate a little story from Yesterday..

After a little research I did about Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas I have found the Eminent Explorer pack DLC. Everything (scratch that) Most of the things it offers to a pirate are just amazing (from my perspective), now.. Next thing we all do as human beings is looking at the price.. 46?

Damn.. had to think about it..

10 Minutes later: Here it comes, a great idea about asking for a Discount. (I mean come on.. Obsidian is pretty dead, you have to do something about it)

30 Minutes later: OM Answer : It might be on a steam sale soon, place it into your wishlist and wait! (kinda like that)

5-6 Hours Later: See by your self :::

Conclusion.. Sadly developers really don't seem to care about getting their servers more populated, (engage with your clients) lets be honest here.. Truth has to be told.

Personal Thanks to who ever read the whole thing

P.S. If you see anything unusual in the picture, it's just me having fun with Photoshop. (Of course chat haven't got any changes with any image editing program)

----------------------------------------
Obsidian Profile

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Asterakis at Nov 1, 2020 1:20:20 AM]
[Nov 1, 2020 1:00:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kreeppurge

Re: Truth has to be told.. Reply to this Post

I can vouch for that it is a bit pricey for a dead server it would be awesome to get atleast some kinda deal on it for those who play dark seas
[Nov 1, 2020 5:09:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Asterakis

I can vouch for that it is a bit pricey for a dead server it would be awesome to get atleast some kinda deal on it for those who play dark seas

Think about it.. Spending this big amount of money and all of a sudden the game closes down due to no people playing it..

46 euros translates into 2 steam games.
Obsidian Profile

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Asterakis at Nov 1, 2020 9:29:23 AM]
[Nov 1, 2020 8:47:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drocnav

Then don't buy it
Vancord of the Viridian ocean

SO of Uprising

Prince of Notorious
[Nov 1, 2020 9:40:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Asterakis

Then don't buy it

It's not about buying it, Of course i won't. (unless they drop the price, ill insta buy it)

It's about how much they care about their Players / Servers

Edit: Try reading the whole post and what is it about before answering please.

Thank you for the Response though
Obsidian Profile

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Asterakis at Nov 1, 2020 10:09:22 AM]
[Nov 1, 2020 10:02:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redtears

Couldnt agree more...there's no love from Grey Havens

I regularly pop onto Obsidian and check if its still dead as a Dodo...which it is *sighs*

What bothers me is I wouldn't mind solo playing on Obsidian, dead or not, but the Dubloon exchange is so skewed that I dont see a way until they sort that first. By skewed I mean that you cant bring the rate down (I admit here I have little understanding of the mechanics but makes it more poignant if I can see an issue knowing nada), current lowest offer to sell is 13,450 ranging to the upper end of 30k per Dubloon. Last trade before mine was 6000 with the lowest offer to buy posted at 4333, I tried to sell a Dubloon at 4333 but was unable to do so...the button won't highlight...why? They are my Dubloons, if I wish to sell them at 1PoE each I can ...so why is the game preventing me from selling low but not preventing those from selling outrageously high? I am able to sell 1 finally at a price of 5,404...the lowest it would allow me to go...

I would love Grey Havens to show a little love for a community that keeps the game going 15+ years, not encourage it to dwindle to nothing..

*sighs*
Ladyredtears born on Midnight shores, she fell from grace and fled to new horizons, becoming Missredtears. Then one stormy solo pillage she vanished, many years passed until the stars aligned in such a way and *BOOM* she returned!
[Jan 10, 2021 3:03:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

Yes. They don't care. They dodge every question in existence and collect the money we spend on dubloons.

Now please, stop posting this crap in forums!
I'm Jazz, the loud-mouth OM wanna-be Innkeep.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin.
[Jan 10, 2021 5:18:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redtears

..the forums is exactly the place to have this discussion. Next time read, roll your eyes and move on ...
Ladyredtears born on Midnight shores, she fell from grace and fled to new horizons, becoming Missredtears. Then one stormy solo pillage she vanished, many years passed until the stars aligned in such a way and *BOOM* she returned!
[Jan 10, 2021 6:00:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

I mean, the price is the price, what about all the other players that purchased the pack for the original price? With the same logic, shouldn't they get a refund?

It makes sense that the OMs wouldn't lower the price; the fact they actually replied to you saying it won't be on sale is pretty remarkable haha
Spinnakerr on Emerald | Natetegreat on Cerulean
Originally started on Cobalt, now playing Emerald! Returned to the game October 2020.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by nate3990 at Jan 10, 2021 11:52:30 PM]
[Jan 10, 2021 11:52:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates