• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1353 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Drover4

Blurry and Discolored! Trouble on New Laptop Reply to this Post

My friends-

Has anyone else bought a brand new laptop (Windows) and had difficulty getting YPP to display correctly? This is my situation, and here are my TWO problems:

1. The graphics are BLURRY Text is readable and everything displays as it should...except that its fuzzy and my fam looks like a blob of jelly.

2. The COLORS do not display correctly. They have different tints to them but I cannot get the settings on my laptop and graphics cards to correct it.

What I have TRIED:
For blurriness: I have experimented with different scalings (zoom +/-) and resolution dimensions (on both the laptop and the PP settings). I did some reading and it presents like an "integer ratio scaling" problem. I have downloaded Steam's Lossless Scaling App (the $5 one) and it does not fix it. My screen is not 4K but I did some clicking and unclicking of DPI on both laptop and YPP ends.

For color: I have experimented with the laptop general settings but the colors still do not present correctly. I have tried clicking different settings on the integrated and other beefier graphics card to no avail.

(I am like..."do I buy an external GPU from around the age of my previous laptop in order to run YPP off of it?"

Windows Alienware M15 R2 (I play only on the laptop, no hdmi to display)

Please help dear pirates!

-Drover of Emerald (formerly Viridian/Meridian, and Obsidian 2006 to present)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Drover4 at Oct 13, 2020 10:12:36 PM]
[Oct 12, 2020 9:16:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Blurry and Discolored! Trouble on New Laptop Reply to this Post

Interesting. Do you have screenshots? Windows 10 Home? What version of Java?
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Oct 14, 2020 8:35:17 PM]
[Oct 14, 2020 8:34:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Meridien

Re: Blurry and Discolored! Trouble on New Laptop Reply to this Post

I am also having problems getting PP to run at a reasonable size without looking uncomfortably blurry.

Out of the box, the window size is fine, but graphics and text look, well, bad.
Clicking the DPI Aware box in the options makes the graphics and text super sharp, but the window is uncomfortably small.

Are these my two options - small and clear, or big and blurry - or is there a workaround?
[Jan 11, 2021 7:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates