• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1629 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
gamerocker20

Suggestion: Let us rejob inside big SMH's up to a set limit Reply to this Post

The problem:
Big SMH's take hours to load which creates a 1.5-2 hours waiting lobby to actually the play game. Big SMH = Atlantis or HS or even flotilla

Because the waiting period is so long, you and all your jobbers try to stay in as long as possible, with only a 60sec break every 10 mins - which is just long enough to take a piss but not wash your hands. So if your actual SMH goes for 2-3hrs, you and your jobbers are spending 3.5-5hrs in game, almost half of which is waiting.

The solution:
Give us the ability to job players inside an SMH, up to a limit, at set time intervals.

eg: If a Xebec enters a HS with 35 pirates, they can job the last 10 while inside, and rejob up to 10 more after someone leaves.

Or a WB enters flotilla with 22/30. They can job 8 more while inside, and rejob another 6 if players leave.

Why it works:
Ships can enter SMH's undermanned, and rejob when players leave. You spend more time inside the SMH and less time waiting.

Players can leave when they feel tired without the pressure of a mute or knowning they ruined 40+ other players day. This means jobbers do not have to play for unhealthy amount of times, or stay up to early hours of the morning.

Rejobbing at set intervals, say every 20 minutes for 10 minutes, allows players who missed out to join the run.

The booty divide system is already based on performance, and won't need to be adjusted to accomodate this change. This will also encourage players to stay as they get more booty for staying longer.

Cons:
Bnavers stay in a SMH for longer, and potentially make more money, although there is still a high element of risk due to entering undermanned. Also please bear in mind that fully manned vessels can still sink.

Final notes:
I live in Australia and there is usually 180-250 players online in our peak hour after work. On some days I cannot even fill a junk cit run. So my options are wait until 3am, and quit work the next day, or wait until the weekend and find a free slot between blockades. The other week it took me 3 hours to fill a WB for a HS (downgraded from xebec due to slow jobbing).

Players have been asking for skilled bots to decrease jobbing time, why not let us job players instead?

Appreciate thoughts, comments, negative or positive.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by gamerocker20 at Sep 14, 2020 11:09:37 PM]
[Sep 13, 2020 6:19:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Re: Suggestion: Let us rejob inside big SMH's up to a set limit Reply to this Post

The problem:
Big SMH's take hours to load which creates a 1.5-2 hours waiting lobby to actually the play game. Big SMH = Atlantis or HS or even flotilla

Because the waiting period is so long, you and all your jobbers try to stay as possibly in an SMH with a 60sec break every 10 mins - which is just long enough to take a piss but not wash your hands. So if your actual SMH goes for 2-3hrs, you and your jobbers are spending 3.5-5hrs in game, almost half of which is waiting.

The solution:
Give us the ability to job players inside an SMH, up to a limit, at set time intervals.

eg: If a Xebec enters a HS with 35 pirates, they can job the last 10 while inside, and rejob up to 10 more after someone leaves.

To avoid every single issue you've stated that I've mentioned for years is why Skilled Swabbies would be a great addition to the game spread the word! Show some love to Atlantis, Haunted Seas and even Flotillas!

Or a WB enters flotilla with 22/30. They can job 8 more while inside, and rejob another 6 if players leave.

Why it works:
Ships can enter SMH's undermanned, and rejob when players leave. You spend more time inside the SMH and less time waiting.

Players can leave when they feel tired without the pressure of a mute or knowning they ruined 40+ other players day. This means jobbers do not have to play for unhealthy amount of times, or stay up to early hours of the morning.

Rejobbing at set intervals, say every 20 minutes for 10 minutes, allows players who missed out to join the run.

The booty divide system is already based on performance, and won't need to be adjusted to accomodate this change. This will also encourage players to stay as they get more booty for staying longer.

Cons:
Bnavers stay in a SMH for longer, and potentially make more money, although there is still a high element of risk due to entering undermanned. Also please bear in mind that fully manned vessels can still sink.

Final notes:
I live in Australia and there is usually 180-250 players online in our peak hour after work. On some days I cannot even fill a junk cit run. So my options are wait until 3am, and quit work the next day, or wait until the weekend and find a free slot between blockades. The other week it took me 3 hours to fill a WB for a HS (downgraded from xebec due to slow jobbing).

Players have been asking for skilled bots to decrease jobbing time, why not let us job players instead?

Appreciate thoughts, comments, negative or positive.

Exactly my thoughts on what is wrong with SMHs, which is why Skilled Swabbies is the perfect solution for Atlantis, Haunted Seas and even Flotillas! Spread the word support Skilled Swabbies!
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Sep 14, 2020 3:59:49 AM]
[Sep 14, 2020 3:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drocnav

Re: Suggestion: Let us rejob inside big SMH's up to a set limit Reply to this Post

This re-jobbing idea is the best suggestion to improving the game I've ever read. The game should prioritize less waiting around and increased ability to get right into the action. Having actual players is better than skilled swabbies because it encourages people to keep playing. This should be top priority imo
Vancord of the Viridian ocean

SO of Uprising

Prince of Notorious
[Nov 12, 2020 8:49:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Croceye

Never really came to think of it before but your not wrong...

Once server used to have 1k players, wasn't really ever an issue but a lot of people are put off by waiting times.
You cant go back to the old ways of doing a double dip, soon as you exit about half a ship of jobbers leave...

Good going to those who have the patience for being able to fill a War frig, but even with someone who's known to the ocean to host good War frig runs, still takes a long time to fill.

Or a suggestion, if you cant add the ability to re-job whilst inside the run, what about the 1st 5 jobbers to leave a Xebec for instance are replaced by bots with a Respected or Master stat in sails / carp / bilge. Least bots are somewhat more useful to you then to have on board?
[Nov 13, 2020 12:01:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drocnav

Yeah it gives players more flexibility to leave whenever they want or need to without letting down the whole ship. A big issue with the game is how big of a time commitment some of these things are I think. If you had a big WF run and people could hop off when they needed to and new people could be called into action in the middle of the SMH it really helps solve this issue and allows for more people to actually play the game with other people rather than just having better bots. This is what the game should be focused around.

And if there ever was another remake or attempt to update the UI and port it to mobile I think this would need to be a key feature as it allows people to pick up their phone get into some action and leave when they need to. I know mobile will probably never happen but I still have hope maybe someday it could because I do think the game could be successful on mobile. But in order for it to be successful, the fun activities need to be more accessible and easier to exit when you have to get off, without having a detrimental impact to the success of the voyage.
Vancord of the Viridian ocean

SO of Uprising

Prince of Notorious
[Nov 13, 2020 1:47:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gamerocker20

If you cant add the ability to re-job whilst inside the run...

I think during the very early days you actually could job people mid-SMH, so they definately have the capability. Also I'm not against skilled swabbies, but if the OM's are then please let us job players~!

Yeah it gives players more flexibility to leave whenever they want or need to without letting down the whole ship... This is what the game should be focused around.

Thanks for the support and feedback, I thought I'd bump this post so the new Dev doesn't miss it. Perhaps a solution going forward could be a balanced combination of skilled swabbies, reduced ship sizes and/or rejobbing.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gamerocker20 at Dec 13, 2020 5:19:09 PM]
[Dec 13, 2020 5:17:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

If you cant add the ability to re-job whilst inside the run...

I think during the very early days you actually could job people mid-SMH, so they definately have the capability. Also I'm not against skilled swabbies, but if the OM's are then please let us job players~!

Yeah it gives players more flexibility to leave whenever they want or need to without letting down the whole ship... This is what the game should be focused around.

Thanks for the support and feedback, I thought I'd bump this post so the new Dev doesn't miss it. Perhaps a solution going forward could be a balanced combination of skilled swabbies, reduced ship sizes and/or rejobbing.

I believe the bigger issue right now is loading the ships. Theres no point adding in re-job inside the run when a majority of people struggle to load as then people will then complain heavily on Overjobbing.
[Dec 13, 2020 10:52:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I just want the ability to job people while you're inside SMH. That means people could leave whenever they needed to, you can replace them with new people who may have missed the original entry, it would really eliminate a lot of jobbing issues because then people could come who only had like 30-89 minutes and they don't have to commit for the whole time.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Dec 17, 2020 9:43:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PPforumpost

Suggestion regarding skilled

1. Lets not make a skilled based SMH mixed with regular SMH rather make new map.

I suggest you buy dubloons 9.99 and get either a SMH or HS map with its own location
whereever you place it on a ship. Its one ship per Map. It last 7 days just as SMH maps but limit entry per day. You can not trade them, leave ship after placed map ( ofc if you dc inside SMH ship can stay until its out, but cant reenter if your not on ship.

2. Lets create a new skilled base of pirates, called for example Buccaners

These can only be summoned with the buy of the New Map. You get a certain % of the ship size at start. If you still job when ship is full one skilled buccaner leave for each jobber arrive. They will not participate in fray outside SMH / HS map.

Ofc there be a catch... the poe they make is their own, any fam they win is their own and ofc they as any mercenary cost poe in for a fixed amount per started hour.

( i think we can leave to Grey heavens how they wanna create a healty mix of buccaners level of skill and ability to fight )

3. Set a cap on numbers of boarders on smaller ship. if you place Map on a smaller ship then a WB you wont get overmanned by boarders but you will only be able to enter once a day. Ofc you can still be sunk by a trike etc.

This way people can not use skilled based help to go into regular SMG / HS and it will be open for all oceans, all days all hours for people to try their luck in SMH.

( ofc im certain that some dont like this but be honest, grey heaven has bill to pay too and cookies cost)

Vittario´s suggestion about open new possibilies to go we doomed we doomed
[Dec 17, 2020 10:32:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

I just want the ability to job people while you're inside SMH. That means people could leave whenever they needed to, you can replace them with new people who may have missed the original entry, it would really eliminate a lot of jobbing issues because then people could come who only had like 30-89 minutes and they don't have to commit for the whole time.

Pretty much why the whole SMHs deserve a complete relook. I don't think jobbing while inside them is the answer. As it will just cause more issues of trying to get new players to load SMHs as for example I could load a SMH with 45 players on a xebec and then choose to rejob whenever I'm 44/45 and stay inside for 12 hours so then nobody else would be able to load, since you have to think about other people that want to run them and if this was implemented it would make it so much harder. I would support this idea when players are able to load with skilled swabbies or be able to nav them on their freedom.
I like Vittarios ideas. Make the map separate so it doesn't get involved with other SMHs.
[Dec 17, 2020 9:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates