• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9687 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
johnjc72

Re: Because We Can Reply to this Post

I'll just go ahead and let you have this one, because no party here is without bias, including myself. You said quite a lot of personal things to try to assassinate my character despite us never having interacted in game. The most amusing thing is how taken aback you were by "the nastiest thing you've ever read on these forums" and then shooting off all that vitriol. Cognitive dissonance really is beautiful.

If you're worried about me trying to evade a possible ban or use alts, sorry to quash your concern trolling, but no. Do you remember every bit of information from over half your life ago? I don't even remember what my pirate was called, let alone my login credentials, so I decided to start fresh, as one is allowed to do. It was nice to relearn the game from square one, and progress commensurately with that.

If you don't like my pirate name, that's just too bad. The only approval I needed was GH's, not yours.

That said, I've already admitted that I got too aggressive. I'll concede that I may have taken things too far in my critiques, even in clear jokes. My goals for Cerulean were growth and accessibility, which may not align with others'. After this, I've accepted that things are what they are, and to go back to enjoying the parts of Cerulean that don't require politics.

Phaerie, I'd love to take you on a pilly sometime.

----------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Jun 18, 2020 8:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

I don't need you to let me have anything. I only give like for like. I fully understand what Cognitive Dissonance is, do you? The hardest thing that anyone who is self-aware can do is hold a mirror up to themselves. I am fully aware of my faults and flaws. If standing up for what I feel is right and speaking directly is a part of your definition of Cognitive Dissonance, then I'll wear the label with pride.

I would really like you to show me at what point I assassinated any part of your character. I can't see any vitriol in my post apart from me repeating your own words back to you. I may have used a flowery phrase here or there as you yourself had done, but I didn't get personal or threaten to put anyone in their place (to paraphrase yourself).

Whether or not you're evading is not my problem, I was simply pointing out the double standards of someone complaining about players using legit game mechanics, who themselves broke a basic ToS.

I'm afraid I waved goodbye to Cerulean a while back, taking the memories of many fun hours of play with me, I will be keeping it that way, apart from the occasional log-in to check on stuff. With that in mind, I will respectfully decline your invitation to pillage.
----------------------------------------
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jun 18, 2020 9:50:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

I thought about responding in kind and all but this whole thing got out of hand. The invitation stands whenever you like :)
[Jun 18, 2020 10:34:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

Still haven't read replies to me because I'm not wasting my time interacting with someone I know to have single handedly driven some of my friends from the game, and has terrorized the ocean for years... but I was PMed with some of the other bits in here and I have to respond to this one in particular:

farmboy236 said:

I do regret not consulting those governors for whom I scuttled the islands, yet I still stand by this being a necessary choice.

...This was chosen so I don't have to defend in a PvP blockade for a while...

You think that reason is "necessary"...?? YOU wanted those islands. Don't take things, especially from someone else, if you don't plan on using it. Children are usually taught these things, did you never learn?

So what you're saying is we can have a little forced blockade on islands players already helped to acquire FOR YOU, as a treat? This was a brazenly self centered move. No, you don't need permission from anyone, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to stay silent on you being a total barrelstopper. Maybe if you can't defend islands, you shouldn't have selfishly held onto the deeds you promised to others. Your inability to want to blockade has nothing to do with the people who should have rightfully had those islands, per your own broken promises.

You are very clearly trying to make the whole game about whatever ego crap this is, MajorJR, and you're taking the whole ocean down with you. Nobody cares about whatever personal grudge you have against Emerlaus. All three of you have taken islands and then set the taxes to 100%. You can't rewrite history, we were all there. Now, without notice and discussions with a single pirate who it directed affected, you scuttled the islands and expect anyone to help you in what would clearly be the same bs all over again. I refuse to believe you have done anything to help the governors you already screwed over until I see undeniable proof, as your history in this game since 2007 is not ever going to garner trust.

As the saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Nobody but your bootlickers are going to help you, and you've earned the utter disdain of everyone else for yet another round of your antics. Maybe you could get some people on the fence to help you if you offered decent poe per round. ¯\_(?)_/¯

It's actually pretty hilarious that you scuttled the islands because you were afraid Emerlaus was going to do what you have now publicly declared you are going to do to him.

Do whatever you want, but keep the rest of us and the islands out of it. We aren't your pawns, and you, frankly, are excessively exhausting.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 18, 2020 12:35:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Jun 18, 2020 8:52:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

Nah, this little flame war looks to be petering out. Can't wait for the tomfoolery that ensues in game though!
[Jun 19, 2020 2:55:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Well isn't this all interesting.....
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jun 19, 2020 5:07:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tdogg342437

I've been on this game since 2005-06 i forget the exact date.Yep its 05 seen after i posted THATS CRAAAAZY. Ive done plenty in my MMO Pirate life, been in multiple flags, Multiple crews, multiple Adventures. If you Dont know me, Thats fine. No reason to add a "Rain on your parade" Hearty now.
I wont go on a long rant to listen to some of yall whine, let's keep it in game. So here i Propose This:
If any Single one yall dont like me mad at me, Think you King Ice Cream With your Flex about being here for so damn long. Ill be more then happy to shut yer trap in a PvP. Especially you MajorJr come at me ill slap you silly <3
Or Yall can PvP between eachother and Speak nonsense elsewhere. (all though by the looks of it, some of yall cant nav worth Jack, so Let your rants continue lololol)
P.S. Hope all of you are healthy. Were all here for a good time not a long time. Please keeps yourselves safe.
P.P.S. Love you All <3
Tdoggy On cerulean
Underlander on Emerald

"of all things in life you could pick to be
You sure look like a hater or a b**** to me
Of all things you could pick to be
You sure look like a b***** to me."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tdogg342437 at Jun 23, 2020 4:32:16 PM]
[Jun 23, 2020 4:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Thank you Parthenope for your disdain,

I took those islands from Brigand Kings or inactive flags and outsourced those governorships. I suppose generosity isn't generosity if it isn't by your narrow terms.

I'm a lot of things, a wretch, a twat, a whatever for sure. I'm very glad to see I've lost every island but TLM, even though I believe I shouldn't hold it.

I've reached the point with this game that I'll only log on sparingly to interact with the friends I have, Fourteen being one of the largest, even if I've been struggling to be human and reach out.

This ocean has made its mind, and I respect that, I hope you enjoy Because we Can. I've wanted to retire for a while, and this was the perfect cover. I really do thank Emerlaus for being an unwitting player in it. I've accomplished everything possible on this ocean. I have no regrets.

I want to thank Emerlaus, he's been a gobshite conqueror, but he's been more than adequate in liberating me from this ocean. Every broken clock does strike right twice a day.

I may log in from time to time to indulge some easy pleasure.

Enjoy reaping what you've sewn,

Majorjr
More than Retired
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 25, 2020 9:51:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

Thank you Parthenope for your disdain,

I took those islands from Brigand Kings or inactive flags and outsourced those governorships. I suppose generosity isn't generosity if it isn't by your narrow terms.

I'm a lot of things, a wretch, a twat, a whatever for sure. I'm very glad to see I've lost every island but TLM, even though I believe I shouldn't hold it.

I've reached the point with this game that I'll only log on sparingly to interact with the friends I have, Fourteen being one of the largest, even if I've been struggling to be human and reach out.

This ocean has made its mind, and I respect that, I hope you enjoy Because we Can. I've wanted to retire for a while, and this was the perfect cover. I really do thank Emerlaus for being an unwitting player in it. I've accomplished everything possible on this ocean. I have no regrets.

I want to thank Emerlaus, he's been a gobshite conqueror, but he's been more than adequate in liberating me from this ocean. Every broken clock does strike right twice a day.

I may log in from time to time to indulge some easy pleasure.

Enjoy reaping what you've sewn,

Majorjr
More than Retired

We'll miss our favorite variety act.

At least redistribute some of that 103MM or those 2900 ships to active players? I'm sure there's at least a good five or six people left in Cerulean who can be bothered to do something with them. Not me though, wouldn't want anyone implicated in my scandalous alleged ToS violations from 2007 :P
[Edit 1 times, last edit by johnjc72 at Jun 26, 2020 5:19:15 PM]
[Jun 26, 2020 5:17:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

Oh wow! I didn't know I was declared the voice of the people on the entire ocean. When did this happen? Did I miss a ceremony??

It's just wild because I've maybe interacted with you a few times in the game, mostly probably 8+ years ago, but your actions have long reaching affects on others and now you're crying because you got called out on it after you brought this thread into existence. If you don't want to be called out on your poor actions, maybe you should have better actions. You're a grown booty adult, maybe try an pretend to be one. Like Quaranpeen said, redistribute all that hoarding you did or you'll just be proving what I've been saying the entire time; this is all selfish motivation masquerading as you doing something for the ocean-wide good, (that nobody asked for).

So what does Cordles have to say about what you did to Winter? I'm super curious. I doubt he would think you handing his island on a silver platter to a BK was generous. If this is what generosity is to you, I would hate to see you being what you consider rude.

You already said you were leaving in 2018, and then back in May... how many times are you going to publicly quit for good and then come back and make public declarations of harassing other players? Make a decision and stick with it. A few posts in the forums holding you accountable for your own actions, after you made a bold declaration of war/harassment against another player... and you rolled over fast. What a bunch of bluster and hot air.

If you actually leave for good, I will fully take the credit even though I don't deserve it. Considering you've said you're gone repeatedly but yet keep coming back, my supposedly pushing you out once and for good [even tho I never speak to you in game or interact with you ever] would certainly be an accomplishment to add to my trophy collection. I should make a graphic for myself as I have already made in-game trinkets. I'll even be gracious and give Emerlaus one.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 26, 2020 7:31:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Constantly Blockading a specific Flag is NOT harassment. You have possessions another wants, and is allowed to take without cheating or hacking. Its apart of the game.
Being here from practically the start, I've seen blockades on a flag for much less. B2B blockades for less. Babylon Had well over 10 Islands at one point, and players were so upset, they were blockading Babylon Every week. Babylon Did not complain, It was their intent to get people active. You should see all the banter that was pointed towards them in general.
However you can take it like you will, Major has always done what he wants when he wants.
In the end it is a game, put as much feelings as you would like into it. Get upset, get mad, get sad, be happy. Do as you will.
If you have an island there will be people who dont feel like you should have it. The more you have the more you will be dropped on. Especially on where and who you took those islands from.
On a FINAL Note Its only a matter of time before another Emerlaus or Major goes on a rampage of taking every island they can and having a "reason" to have all of these islands.
Happy Blockading,
Tdoggy

This is a really good post.

johnjc72 / Quaranpeen on Cerulean, this is addressed directly to you.

Your last post to Fourteen has got to be one of the truly nastiest things I have ever witnessed on these forums. Did you seriously not think about what you had typed before you hit the "post" button. Shame on you.

This is also a good one.

If Majorjr and Em want to go at each other, I know both them and that they are both people who enjoy that sort of thing and give as much as they want to get. Fourteen didn't deserve that, and did nothing to inspire it. Please be nice to her.

---

It is no secret whose side i"m on in the MajorJr vs Em conflict, it's Major's, and always will be. Few people have been there for me in this game as much as MajorJr and I don't care if he's wrong or right at this point, or if I agree with it, what he does, I'm with it. Even if I"m jobbing against him for some reason (alliances the only reason, because I consider helping allies to be the priority duty behind helping the flag and helping my crew), I'm with what he does. I do not doubt his commitment to making this ocean better, and if it's the end (I hope it's not) it's because he doesn't think it can really be done anymore. I am kind of the same mind when it comes to the PVP game, and agree, at least for now, the ocean has made a choice.

I like Emeralus though, too. I think Em is good for the ocean in that they are a flag that plays Monday through Friday, and are a nice place for newer/less connected pirates to go to have fun. Em has a really good mind for how the mechanics of the game work, and even if that isn't always communicated in a way that is pleasant, it's usually accurate communication and even at my advanced point I've learned things from them. They are pretty squarely across from me in alliances, and, I am pretty squarely on Major's side, but I still respect Em. And who knows what the future holds, I've seen these relationships change so many times over the year.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 27, 2020 7:08:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

To those that believe I should pony my resources to whatever cause you believe in, I've always done so, you probably just never agreed with it. I foresee myself being retired long enough to see the end of the game.

My resources, should they be dispersed, will go to those who have been my YPP-long friends. Flags like Babylon, Crimson Tide, Major Not Caring What you Think, as well as individuals whom have been absolutely inalienable in my many years.

I know that I've conducted a mass de-heartying since my retirement, this is in no way a reflection of how I feel of you, or how dear I hold you. I am at this point trying to burn the bridges possible to prevent me from reneging on my retirement.

I didn't handle this all well, I'm sorry that I didn't communicate to my allies at the end as well as I should have. I'm sorry to those who feel let down by my departure. I will not, however, feel sorry to BWC for standing up to them in what I see their blatant failure. I'm sorry that Parthenope couldn't be positive no matter what hit her in the face.

As always, I don't care what popular opinion is. If I ever come back I will blockade whomever without impunity. Loyalty is the ultimate currency, no wonder so many of you feel bankrupt. Even if I didn't have 103M PoE, 3,000 ships, and countless wealth in stock, I have always been more wealthy in the love, friendship, and support I've had. You can hold every island on Cerulean, yet have no hope of holding what I once held. I've already won, I have the love of so many pirates current and old.

Cheers,

Majorjr
Former King of Babylon
King of Ocean's Eleven Inches
Conqueror of Love and Friendship

P.S. I'll help any flag that isn't in BWC's alliance ring, or that has Parthenope in it, take any island I scuttled up to and including fleet, stock, and full PoE payment depending on my discretion.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by farmboy236 at Jul 1, 2020 3:28:13 AM]
[Jul 1, 2020 3:08:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

I'm sorry that Parthenope couldn't be positive no matter what hit her in the face.

I'll help any flag that isn't in BWC's alliance ring, or that has Parthenope in it, take any island I scuttled up to and including fleet, stock, and full PoE payment depending on my discretion.

lmao, am I supposed to "be positive" when someone who is a known liar and has multiple times shown no loyalty to others, including several people I personally know, goes on to claim they want to be the savior for the ocean over some personal grudge of theirs? On the heels of them screwing over other players?? That's cute, and I straight up laughed loudly reading that. But really now, just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make it untrue. You're old enough to understand this, and that is why you are exhausting.

That said, it's a damngood thing I don't care at all about you or your hypocritical opinion, or the fact that my flag and myself have nothing to do with any of this, (especially now that my shoppes have a PC governor again). So sorry, I'm too busy IRL to give a scupper and deal with having any islands of my own. What a tragedy I don't have millions of poe to flaunt on the forums because I'm too busy with my career! :(

Thanks for showing your true colors on the way out! Didn't think it would be that easy. Always nice to be proven right so very publicly. Bye, MajorJR.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jul 4, 2020 5:53:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

Remember when people were raising their fists in here about scuttles? Good times.

Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Jan 25, 2021 2:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
half_elf13

Remember when people were raising their fists in here about scuttles? Good times.

Yes, people were angry Majorjr scuttled islands that he'd promised to others. The above image is of a flag scuttling islands they own.

What point are you trying to make? Because I can't see one other than an attempt at petty point scoring that, sadly, falls far wide of the mark.
Jesst
Queen of Imperio
Captain of The Fire of Winter
Mostly on Cerulean
[Jan 26, 2021 5:56:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swedishmafia

I imagine the main difference here, is that these have been scuttled to two of the strongest "Bnav" BKs there are.

Assuming this hasn't been done for "fun" and that BWC intends to defend them heroicly... this means, certainly with the two large islands of Guava and Terra, that it makes it incredibly difficult for a low populated ocean such as Cerulean to ever prise them back from BK hands.

From a neutral perspective I think that is quite sad. Now I am sure that BWC weren't thinking along the lines of if we don't want it anymore, nobody else can have it.. Heres hoping the BK strength eventually falls and someone else can enjoy ruling these islands in the nearish future :)
Fortnite
Captain of Fool's Gold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now on Cerulean!!
[Jan 26, 2021 6:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

When in doubt - ALWAYS

P.s I still stand by the right to scuttle.
Fourteen global chats, "How do monsters like their eggs? terri-fried!"
Hera global chats, "I'm muting you Fourteen for terrible jokes."
[Jan 26, 2021 7:18:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

I imagine the main difference here, is that these have been scuttled to two of the strongest "Bnav" BKs there are.

Assuming this hasn't been done for "fun" and that BWC intends to defend them heroicly... this means, certainly with the two large islands of Guava and Terra, that it makes it incredibly difficult for a low populated ocean such as Cerulean to ever prise them back from BK hands.

From a neutral perspective I think that is quite sad. Now I am sure that BWC weren't thinking along the lines of if we don't want it anymore, nobody else can have it.. Heres hoping the BK strength eventually falls and someone else can enjoy ruling these islands in the nearish future :)

Think it is more because he knew there were cades coming his way this weekend in all honesty
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

[Jan 26, 2021 10:03:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
snorts

Or could be that too many islands to defend and so just got rid of the ones that didn't mean as much to them? When you say blockades coming I hope you mean more than 1 round before giving up as seems to be the normality in these times
Snort
[Jan 27, 2021 2:52:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Or could be that too many islands to defend and so just got rid of the ones that didn't mean as much to them? When you say blockades coming I hope you mean more than 1 round before giving up as seems to be the normality in these times

Emerlaus knows what I am referring to.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jan 27, 2021 10:15:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Are you this much bored on emerald cala? Nobody giving you land staff spots anymore? Ohwell!

BWC is making sure flotillas cant spawn anymore as there has been too much drama on them recently. Feel free to blockade us the islands we end up keeping if you plan to show up for more than a round! Cause god knows you won't blockiade anyone else sitting on islands for years amirite?

Cheers!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Jan 27, 2021 7:48:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Are you this much bored on emerald cala? Nobody giving you land staff spots anymore? Ohwell!

BWC is making sure flotillas cant spawn anymore as there has been too much drama on them recently. Feel free to blockade us the islands we end up keeping if you plan to show up for more than a round! Cause god knows you won't blockiade anyone else sitting on islands for years amirite?

Cheers!

Nothing to do with me buddy - just stating some people had told you about blockades.

As for making sure the ocean doesn't spawn flotilla's its not that many years back you had a hissy fit to Harrjm doing the same thing being it was becoming harder and harder to kill them off with such a low pop. PVP cades are indeed more fun for people, so lets see if what you say increases activity on a quiet ocean.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jan 29, 2021 7:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates