• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10083 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
farmboy236

Because We Can Reply to this Post

Good evening Cerulean,

As soon as I am without islands my assault on Because We Can shall begin. I only have one goal, to topple a vainglorious imbecile who is not myself. Cerulean lives and breathes regardless of my, or any self important monarch's thoughts.

To those of you who don't like me, I understand, there are days I don't love me either, but please band with me in toppling a truly self important regime.

To those who do like me, keep supporting me, I'm always on your side.

To those of you who like Flag X, I do hope you reconsider, once his currency is spent, he has nothing to offer you. Even in power, he offers you forced flag contributions and forced conversation.

To those of you unsure, what would you rather, one Emerlad player having 10+ islands, or someone from Cerulean batting for you every step of the way.

My plans:

To hold on to 0 of the islands won, but to find a suitable Ceruleanite to govern them whilst holding the island.
To continue challenging the status quo until I have no PoE, Ships, or Morale.
Thankfully, I currently have:
103,921,554 PoE
2900+ships
A desire to see a John Thomas toppled

I'm a lot of things, a good person, maybe not. However, I will always toddle on for what I think is right, so goodnight Because We Can. My only reason, Because I can.

Cheers,

Majorjr
----------------------------------------
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 13, 2020 9:50:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

Re: Because We Can Reply to this Post

Wait wait, you expect people to trust you after you just scuttled several islands you had promised to other people? This is the height of hilarity!

And in case you claim you didn't promise them to anyone, why didn't you THEN give them to other people instead of sending them off to a BK? Do you consider BKs to be Ceruleanites...?
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 13, 2020 11:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
half_elf13

I've only been back playing for a few months after Imperio in general took a break, so I don't know what started this clearly personal fued between you and Emerlaus, but I'd like to make it clear Imperio will be defending BWC at every blockade.

This is for the below reasons.
1, you have made this personal and it comes across as revenge against one person, but you're carrying that out in a way which impacts the entire flag. There was someone like that in Imperio's history. We fought against him too, we'll always fight against people who begin hating a person so much they lose sight of the damage done to others.
2, Blockading the same flag every single weekend is harassment, and you've made it clear you're deliberately intending to be harassing to make one person stop playing the game regardless of the consequences. I don't understand why you've not been told by the OMs to back off, or not had your account suspended already.
3, Scuttling a whole bunch of islands, and then deliberately trying to drive off the biggest flag in the ocean and one of the most active players is going to damage, if not irrevocably kill the ocean economy and morale as a whole. Emerlaus leads regular flotilla runs, SMHs and many other things that the ocean will suffer to lose, even if you don't believe so.
4, Since Imperio has been back, the only other major flag to even reach out and talk and bother to be kind in any way has been Emerlaus and BWC.

We look forward to seeing you on the blockade board.
Jesst
Queen of Imperio
Captain of The Fire of Winter
Mostly on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by half_elf13 at Jun 14, 2020 6:32:39 AM]
[Jun 14, 2020 6:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

As soon as I am without islands my assault on Because We Can shall begin. I only have one goal, to topple a vainglorious imbecile who is not myself. Cerulean lives and breathes regardless of my, or any self important monarch's thoughts.

Aside from the written confession that yer about to engage in targeted harassment of a player and flag, ye've just frittered away some of the best and most active islands in the ocean to BK's, for no reason other than yer bruised ego. I haven't seen faux self-awareness like this since Avengers: Endgame, and I haven't seen projection this sad since we tried to Flatten the Curve.

To those of you unsure, what would you rather, one Emerlad player having 10+ islands, or someone from Cerulean batting for you every step of the way.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna scuttle Labby and some of the few other islands where there's actually activity so I can attack BWC, because I care about making Cerulean better!" Not only have BWC been actively contributing to Cerulean for years, they also are continuing to do so when the ocean is down to maybe a couple hundred regular players. I don't see ye adding any value to the ocean at all, and no, owning a couple shops where the few items ye actually have in stock are the most expensive on the island does not count. There's never O11 pillies on the NB, there's never O11 SMH's on the NB, ye just hoard the ocean's assets so yer pathetic, irrelevant flag can harass people with blockades.

Yer a fraud, and it will be hilarious to watch ye fail. But hey, thanks for giving us all something to do for our quarantined Saturday nights, namely help BWC curbstomp ye and watch ye give up like every other half-baked attempt at blockading ye've ever made.

Can't wait,
Q

PS more like Ocean's Performance Anxiety amirite?
---------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Jun 14, 2020 8:44:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kuddie

This is some juicy drama and I can't wait to see the outcome of whatever happens.
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Kuddie
[Jun 14, 2020 2:09:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

To hold on to 0 of the islands won, but to find a suitable Ceruleanite to govern them whilst holding the island.

idk about everyone else, but the thought of spending the time governing and maintaining an island while not actually controlling any of it, makes me feel so warm and fuzzy and I can't wait to be a bootlicker for someone else with no gains for all my hard work.

... because if you meant otherwise you wouldn't have scuttled 4+ islands recently. :)
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 14, 2020 9:23:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Ahoy

So it is no secret that Majorjr is my friend. However I do not speak on his behalf. I speak from my own perspective.

I have made it clear to Emerlaus and others who have asked me that I have no desire in blockading atm. I will defend the islands Babylon holds but for now I will not blockade anyone as an attacker. My reasons for that are personal. But should I want to blockade BWC would be on my list.

You may ask why. Its rather simple really. A couple of flags, my own included. Have tried to cause activity - tried to kick a bit of life into sleeping flags. The results was; we stacked up many islands and spent a bit of poe doing so. The effect we went after didn't really come out as we wanted it to. It even made some people leave due to big bad babylon controlling everything.

An ocean like ours need some sort of balance. In my opinion one side cannot be too one sided. Blockades are most fun when they are evenly fought. And the win feels so much better if you win an even blockade over a pointsit.

I do not expect us all to get along by the way. Some blockades will be out of dislike to a crew flag or a pirate. It has always been like that. But some blockades are also for the sake of blockading or to cause some sort of balance. And then ofcourse there is the bk blockades!

So some like the blue team some the red team. But could we all maybe take a step back and lay back with the namecalling. And perhaps job in blockades to help our ocean?
Fourteen global chats, "How do monsters like their eggs? terri-fried!"
Hera global chats, "I'm muting you Fourteen for terrible jokes."
[Jun 15, 2020 10:09:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

A couple things in response to Fourteen, who makes some pretty good points. However, I run a small, active crew that just wants to have fun, so I don't give a toss about anything but being able to play the game smoothly and make some friends in the process, so here are my counterpoints.

If someone is called a name or something, the answer should be to settle it on the seas or in a blockade, unless something goes against the T's and C's, then that's what the OM's should be taking care of. I said what I said because I don't want to see my Cerulean experience or anyone else's hampered by a couple egos.

At the end of the day, we're playing a pirate-themed RPG, and just about all of us are adults here. Until Covid, I hadn't played this game since I was 11 years old (now in my 20s), and what I loved the most about YPP was that people could get mad at each other and the ensuing blockade would be a great time. Of course, this was when there were hundreds online at a given time and before anyone had hoarded enough assets and islands to raise any questions about any balance of power.

Clearly, that's not the case anymore, so if I see one of those asset hoarders (2900 ships and 103MM+ PoE as he graciously disclosed, talk about balance!) tanking Cerulean's already limited economy by scuttling islands, I will call it like I see it. This is clearly an ego battle, and the egos involved are backed by absolutely massive resources as YPP goes. However, while one may be a bit abrasive personally, the other is directly hurting the gameplay experience for many. Letting 4 good islands get taken over by the same BK on the same day and not even being bothered to try to defend any of them does not help our ocean. Cutting off everyone else's nose to spite one's own face is not a good look.

Whichever way you're aligned or whoever you agree with, let's all grow up a bit, play pirates, and have some fun. If you have a problem with anything I said, shoot me a tell; I'll be on the NB, trying to spur some activity in this little old ocean that we love.

Regards,
Quaranpeen
[Edit 1 times, last edit by johnjc72 at Jun 15, 2020 2:41:06 PM]
[Jun 15, 2020 2:39:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

Letting 4 good islands get taken over by the same BK on the same day and not even being bothered to try to defend any of them does not help our ocean.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't one have to actively instigate the BK to have them attack multiple islands at the exact same time...? That says it was a very much purposefully done maneuver, with no visible point, and completely contradicts the original post in this thread.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kartossedai at Jun 15, 2020 3:51:52 PM]
[Jun 15, 2020 3:51:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Scuttle

As someone who hold islands it does bother me a tiny bit that some of you think its a crime to scuttle one or all of your islands. There can be many reasons as to why you wanna scuttle. Some scuttle because they wanna get rid of flotillas. Some scuttle because they wanna be a rogue flag. Some has even used a scuttle to shield their islands from a pvp blockades. A scuttle could also come in use if a flag do not find islandholding fun anymore.

All valid reasons within game rules and such. But at the end of the day that is a choice all island holding flags have. Its a game option just as we all can pvp and join skelliefrays and so on.

Personally I prefer the scuttle over transfering. However. the silent way to lose an island is to stop paying tax in the palace and fort. When it dusts the BK sneaks in and take over the island.
[Jun 15, 2020 5:10:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

You can scuttle all you want, but don't come onto the forums and act like such a charitable and noble person when you just:

-scuttled islands you promised to other people who helped you blockade
-make a public declaration of harassment against another player

You can scuttle all you want, but I'm free to think and say you're a barrelstopper for doing so, especially if you are claiming it is for nonsense reasons and screwed other players. You and your friends being able to do something rude doesn't mean anyone has to be quiet about it in a social setting.

The two-faced attitude on this ocean is a large reason many people have left and will never come back. As someone who isn't two-faced and no, isn't controlling an island, I'm perfectly fine with calling people out when I know they're lying about their intent. Not having an island is precisely the reason that I don't have to fake pleasantness to avoid retaliatory blockades. I'll also be sure to never help your flag with a blockade like I did yesterday. What a regret! Not worth the poe with this holier than thou attitude about someone I know has nefarious intent, and has for years in this game. Enough people know what is really going on in this situation and I frankly don't care to act like it's something innocent and sweet just because you have a flag and island(s). Plenty of other people have the same things and don't have attitude on here, and absolutely aren't making public declarations of harassment against other players. I do not care for either of your attitudes and I'm free to say so, as the original post states, "Because I can."
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 15, 2020 5:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

I am a little confused now. In what way excactly did I upset you? I was talking in general about scuttling. I even put a link for you so you could read more into it. If you wanted to.
[Jun 15, 2020 6:02:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

What our friend here has done is sacrifice perfectly good and systemically important islands so he can consolidate his assets to go after BWC because of a personal vendetta. Nobody else on the ocean had a say in it, and again, he didn't even try to defend those islands. Let's not dance around the motive here, because he spelled it out for us with a small hint of trying to play Cerulean's hero. Sorry, but it's hard to believe that he's out for anyone but himself.

A player who does something that negatively impacts others' ability to play the game can be doing something perfectly legal as the rules are written. Those affected by it are also perfectly within their right to call it a bush league move and lose respect for him, because it's a total bush league move.

I'm sure many of us want an ocean that encourages activity and expansion, and scuttling islands because a governor cba to run them or they're just sucking wealth out of the game for selfish purposes takes away from our ability to play the game. There's a few great people who put a lot of effort into keeping Cerulean's economy alive on the few remaining useful islands. I'd love to see some evidence that this bloke is one of them, because the current optics are not very good.

Each and every player should have a right to enjoy this game on their own terms with the people they choose to enjoy it with. To the plank with anyone who thinks they can steer the narrative of the whole ocean and make people take sides in something they never wanted anything to do with.

I'd also like to see him respond, unless he's chosen you to do damage control on his behalf.

-----------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by johnjc72 at Jun 15, 2020 6:51:17 PM]
[Jun 15, 2020 6:25:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

I'd also like to see him respond, unless he's chosen you to do damage control on his behalf.

-----------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean

I already stated that Majorjr can speak for himself. I speak for me and Babylon. try PM him or contact his HR department. :)
[Jun 15, 2020 7:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tdogg342437

Constantly Blockading a specific Flag is NOT harassment. You have possessions another wants, and is allowed to take without cheating or hacking. Its apart of the game.
Being here from practically the start, I've seen blockades on a flag for much less. B2B blockades for less. Babylon Had well over 10 Islands at one point, and players were so upset, they were blockading Babylon Every week. Babylon Did not complain, It was their intent to get people active. You should see all the banter that was pointed towards them in general.
However you can take it like you will, Major has always done what he wants when he wants.
In the end it is a game, put as much feelings as you would like into it. Get upset, get mad, get sad, be happy. Do as you will.
If you have an island there will be people who dont feel like you should have it. The more you have the more you will be dropped on. Especially on where and who you took those islands from.
On a FINAL Note Its only a matter of time before another Emerlaus or Major goes on a rampage of taking every island they can and having a "reason" to have all of these islands.
Happy Blockading,
Tdoggy
Tdoggy On cerulean
Underlander on Emerald

"of all things in life you could pick to be
You sure look like a hater or a b**** to me
Of all things you could pick to be
You sure look like a b***** to me."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tdogg342437 at Jun 15, 2020 7:19:19 PM]
[Jun 15, 2020 7:11:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

I am a little confused now. In what way excactly did I upset you? I was talking in general about scuttling. I even put a link for you so you could read more into it. If you wanted to.

So you come into the thread with the attitude as if you get to tell everyone how to feel, like we're just children overreacting, trying to convince us that your friend somehow isn't trying to hoodwink the entire ocean for selfish gains with the claimed goal of publicly harassing another player. I am the opposite of a fan of "Emerlad," but that doesn't mean any of what has gone on is at all okay. This is all glaringly transparent.

The island with the majority of my shoppes was, I can only assume, scuttled for no reason by MajorJr. I am completely unaware of what happened with Knitbones, but suddenly MajorJr was in charge of it and then bam, a BK. Was it even defended? So sorry I don't know, I was too busy being sick multiple times with suspected Covid, so I wasn't able to log in all the time to keep up. So now you're sitting here defending the person who very likely scuttled an island with multiple very active players who had a stake in it, including myself, and expect me to not find his behavior to be abhorrent? The exact same person who absolutely just scuttled at least one island he promised to a hearty of mine. He doesn't deserve a single island or anyone's trust if this is how he behaves when he has an island under his control. I don't care what the game "let's you do," it was selfish and disrespectful to the other players who were paying him taxes, or trusted him. MajorJr personally made this my problem on multiple fronts, so no, I won't be told to just play nice when he tries to make this even worse for more players.

I honestly would not put it past the three of you to be doing this for some grand scheme to take over the ocean or idefk. I do know I'm not the first person to have considered this possibility, and my exhaustion over this crap I know is the same sort other people are feeling and is itself going to make people want to leave. If the goal is to get YPP closed, this type of nonsense and taking all the islands is certainly the correct path.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 15, 2020 7:23:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

So you come into the thread with the attitude as if you get to tell everyone how to feel, like we're just children overreacting, trying to convince us that your friend somehow isn't trying to hoodwink the entire ocean for selfish gains with the claimed goal of publicly harassing another player. I am the opposite of a fan of "Emerlad," but that doesn't mean any of what has gone on is at all okay. This is all glaringly transparent.

I do not come to the thread to lecture anyone. I came with my opinion. You have the right to disagree with me.

The island with the majority of my shoppes was, I can only assume, scuttled for no reason by MajorJr. I am completely unaware of what happened with Knitbones, but suddenly MajorJr was in charge of it and then bam, a BK. Was it even defended? So sorry I don't know, I was too busy being sick multiple times with suspected Covid, so I wasn't able to log in all the time to keep up. So now you're sitting here defending the person who very likely scuttled an island with multiple very active players who had a stake in it, including myself, and expect me to not find his behavior to be abhorrent? The exact same person who absolutely just scuttled at least one island he promised to a hearty of mine. He doesn't deserve a single island or anyone's trust if this is how he behaves when he has an island under his control. I don't care what the game "let's you do," it was selfish and disrespectful to the other players who were paying him taxes, or trusted him. MajorJr personally made this my problem on multiple fronts, so no, I won't be told to just play nice when he tries to make this even worse for more players.

I too have shoppes on Lagniappe. It was not scuttled but the flotilla dropped a blockade there and Ocean's Eleven lost the defense.

I honestly would not put it past the three of you to be doing this for some grand scheme to take over the ocean or idefk. I do know I'm not the first person to have considered this possibility, and my exhaustion over this crap I know is the same sort other people are feeling and is itself going to make people want to leave. If the goal is to get YPP closed, this type of nonsense and taking all the islands is certainly the correct path.
who are the 3 of us? I am as already stated in another flag than Major. I have no plans to blockade any other flag for now. I will defend any Babylon island if possible. Sorry you are sick with covid. I hope you recover soon.
[Jun 15, 2020 7:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tdogg342437

Sorry to hear you were sick, hope you are well now.
Islands are owned by Bk's meaning anyone can blockade and attack them without that flag blockading it back.
Sorry to Hear ALL of your Stalls are on a single island. Usually when People put all of their stalls on a single island, they do a OM island to prevent taxes. Seeing a lot of 30%+ tax induced island by players and their flags. Talk about ECONOMY.
Islands can be taken at any moment, No one is in "charge" of them. Not saying anything was "right" or even "smart" for that matter on majors behalf. Could have handled these a bit better for sure.
As we speak Emerlaus will help those who want to take the islands back from the BK's.
Standing ideally by being a Keyboard Warrior will not Help Recover any of these islands.
But please, Pointing fingers is so Pre-K. You all Equally have the power to come together and make changes, and take islands even. Work Smarter, Not Harder.

Seriously hope you are well now though.
Tdoggy On cerulean
Underlander on Emerald

"of all things in life you could pick to be
You sure look like a hater or a b**** to me
Of all things you could pick to be
You sure look like a b***** to me."
[Jun 15, 2020 7:40:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

Sorry to hear you were sick, hope you are well now.
Islands are owned by Bk's meaning anyone can blockade and attack them without that flag blockading it back.
Sorry to Hear ALL of your Stalls are on a single island. Usually when People put all of their stalls on a single island, they do a OM island to prevent taxes. Seeing a lot of 30%+ tax induced island by players and their flags. Talk about ECONOMY.
Islands can be taken at any moment, No one is in "charge" of them. Not saying anything was "right" or even "smart" for that matter on majors behalf. Could have handled these a bit better for sure.
As we speak Emerlaus will help those who want to take the islands back from the BK's.
Standing ideally by being a Keyboard Warrior will not Help Recover any of these islands.
But please, Pointing fingers is so Pre-K. You all Equally have the power to come together and make changes, and take islands even. Work Smarter, Not Harder.

Seriously hope you are well now though.

Solid take for the most part. I and a lot of others recently came back after a very long time to bring back some memories during lockdown (hence my name) and many of us had to make new accounts, so a lot of ships etc were lost and we started from square one. Fine, all good.

What I don't like is gatekeeping. Some of the older Cerulean pirates were very helpful when I first got back, but some were pretty hostile. Some from both columns own islands and shops, and coincidentally, it seems that the ruder pirates were the ones who set either crazy prices or didn't stock anything at all, which impacts new players' ability to make PoE and progress in the game.

Of course, they have plenty of time and PoE to invest into holding onto those islands. We're not even close to equal footing; the status quo is hard to change when there's a caste of aristocrats, many of whom rest on on their laurels and can just throw seemingly limitless PoE and fleets at their challengers until they disappear. A newer flag, even one that's earned a place on the fame list, has little to no chance of taking an island without being bankrolled/aided by another aristocrat.

Junior's little stunt is another thing altogether, and I've said my bit about it.

------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by johnjc72 at Jun 15, 2020 8:24:51 PM]
[Jun 15, 2020 8:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

I am sure you can get help from already established flags. Should you want it. Also some flags might be open to a pay cap. or some other deal you can make pre the blockade. Other flags are open to have out of flag governors. I think that is the case for at least BWC and also with Ocean's Eleven before the scuttles.

You are welcome to send me a PM or find me in game for a chat.
[Jun 15, 2020 8:29:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kartossedai

Ah, so weird you said this about an online MMO where we are literally typing to play the games, and when I have never seen nor interacted with you in the entire time I have been on the game since 2006. But please, fabricate more information about me that you don't even have about my history on here and what I have accomplished with hearties and flags in the past. Maybe I should compare them with my chatlogs I have handy going back for the past 10 years just to be sure I have all my ducks in a row.

I don't care about the faux sympathies and all this other nonsense. I was merely explaining why I wasn't around for the blockade on Lag. Given that fake sympathy is a tactic used by abusers and I don't even know any of you, I don't want to hear it and it is not appreciated. Maybe hold your Covid related sympathies for the person in the ICU who had both their islands blockaded right after they went into the hospital.

MajorJr, Fourteen, and Emerlaus have bad reputations with a lot of people for a reason. Nobody is falling for this garbage, no matter how many times any of you ignore the obvious points with backpatting and try to pretend it's about something else it isn't. I guarantee there are people agreeing with me in this, as I know for a fact there's some who won't post because they're worried of retaliation due to these reputations. I have no real stakes in most of this, aside from caring about Cerulean. I don't tolerate liars, backstabbers, and cliques. I'm here to play a game, but it seems to be filled with barrelstoppers who want to hoard everything for themselves and play victim when people call them or their friends out on their bs.

Multiple islands and multiple players were screwed by the scuttlings, and MajorJr made a post expecting us to trust or give af about his personal vendetta. It ain't happening, and I have no problem pointing this out with my "Keyboard Warrior" skills of typing on a BBS for a MMO. You can all keep flailing to try and pretend scuttling is okay, but it never will be. Neither will all this clique and petty nonsense that has been going on for absolutely years. So many have seen what has gone on, even if they didn't say anything.

and fyi keeping all your shoppes spread out is a massive hassle and terrible advice. And I said "the majority" of my shoppes, because I have some on my other pirate elsewhere.

I too have shoppes on Lagniappe. It was not scuttled but the flotilla dropped a blockade there and Ocean's Eleven lost the defense.

I 100% would expect him to have half assed it to make it look like he cared but really just didn't, because he then immediately after scuttled multiple islands. Given the nonsense on this thread, it's very likely and it doesn't even matter to me, all your asses have been on display in this thread.

Also trying to buy someone's silence in this is super gross.

I'm not reading or replying again because I'm not dealing with this nonsense anymore. You're all transparent and there's no sense in wasting my time on it when we can all see what you're on about from the very first post that contradicted ocean history.
~Parthenope on Cerulean~
[Jun 15, 2020 10:15:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mysterio

Blah blah blah, same old arguement/whine/complaint, it's been going on for 16 years just the names are different who's making the post.

Reality, Islands were ment to be taken, there will always be some who wants that island more than you. Dont invest the time n poe to take an Island if you cant understand someone else will take.

The Om's n ringers had BK'S take islands cause of this mental state it's my island, and your a tyrant for taking it.
Blackjammer, S.O. & Kraken Hunter of The Blue Team
Governor of JorviK
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Stay puzzling my friends
[Jun 16, 2020 10:28:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

I have jobbed against Majorjr and friends many times as they were part of the 'big bad flag with too many islands', and I like rooting for the underdog. Never thought they would end up in that position (even with Majorjr's questionable assets) but here we are.

If I didn't have a personal issue with either party I would have found something else to do. I am aware of Majorjr's past and current actions, regardless, I currently think Emerlaus is damaging the game more as a whole.
It's a fact that there is always going to be a flag that is holding the most islands. If it's not yours, it's someone elses, that's just how the game works. I take no real issue with that.
What I do take issue with people expecting others to fall flat on their faces for them, and if they do not, sabotage or grief them in any way possible. And because of that I will job against them. Will Majorjr pull the same thing in the future? I don't know, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. He hasn't done it to me personally so far.

You may argue that a flag should not be judged on the actions of one person. I hardly recall the last time I saw another member of BWC on the Notice Board leading a pillage, Sea Monster Hunt or Flotilla, so I fail to understand why the flag was renamed from BIC. I haven't seen much of Majorjr until recently either, some pillages or Atlantis runs might help make people invest in your cause. (Or maybe those voyages are happening while I am logged off, can't rule out that possiblity, so feel free to correct me)

Regarding Majorjr's scuttling of islands, I was surprised to see it and not amused. 100% taxes do suck. Fortunately, Brigand Kings (thankfully) do not have the capability to grief other players. You can expect no retaliation from them outside of blockading their islands (aside from flotillas).
I'll gladly help any smaller flag that wants to contest those BK islands through their own ability without mostly relying on one other flag's blockading staff. Otherwise you may ask yourself, who really did win the island?

See you on either side of the blockade board, good luck and have fun.
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Jun 16, 2020 12:30:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

I have jobbed against Majorjr and friends many times as they were part of the 'big bad flag with too many islands', and I like rooting for the underdog. Never thought they would end up in that position (even with Majorjr's questionable assets) but here we are.

If I didn't have a personal issue with either party I would have found something else to do. I am aware of Majorjr's past and current actions, regardless, I currently think Emerlaus is damaging the game more as a whole.
It's a fact that there is always going to be a flag that is holding the most islands. If it's not yours, it's someone elses, that's just how the game works. I take no real issue with that.
What I do take issue with people expecting others to fall flat on their faces for them, and if they do not, sabotage or grief them in any way possible. And because of that I will job against them. Will Majorjr pull the same thing in the future? I don't know, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. He hasn't done it to me personally so far.

You may argue that a flag should not be judged on the actions of one person. I hardly recall the last time I saw another member of BWC on the Notice Board leading a pillage, Sea Monster Hunt or Flotilla, so I fail to understand why the flag was renamed from BIC. I haven't seen much of Majorjr until recently either, some pillages or Atlantis runs might help make people invest in your cause. (Or maybe those voyages are happening while I am logged off, can't rule out that possiblity, so feel free to correct me)

Regarding Majorjr's scuttling of islands, I was surprised to see it and not amused. 100% taxes do suck. Fortunately, Brigand Kings (thankfully) do not have the capability to grief other players. You can expect no retaliation from them outside of blockading their islands (aside from flotillas).
I'll gladly help any smaller flag that wants to contest those BK islands through their own ability without mostly relying on one other flag's blockading staff. Otherwise you may ask yourself, who really did win the island?

I have a crew/flag of 3, but I've made a specific effort to muster the resources necessary to successfully go after a BK's island, even with the terrible condition the ocean is in right now. However, given the cluster shown above, I am hesitant to do so, because I see some serious "F you, I got mine" attitude.

What would even be the point of taking an island from the BK's with the knowledge that a massively backed and spiteful flag could easily take it, making our efforts worthless? It's not even possible to independently kade a flag from one of the big players, because they just have so much wealth built up from who knows how long.

Flags like this don't add anything to our ocean (O11 is Rumored for Pete's sake, and my new flag of 3 active pirates has the same fame as Babylon after 10 days and a few mediocre pillies) aside from drama. Aggressive as they can be, at least BWC do things; if you checked you'd see that Divergent run pillies almost daily, and they're almost always on the NB. They wouldn't be consistently be top 2 if they sat on their hands all the time like Junior and 14.

The funniest thing about this is that the number one flag doesn't even have any islands. There's something clearly wrong with the balance of power in Cerulean, and I'd love to see more activity and less pearl clutching by some of the "Big names".
--------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by johnjc72 at Jun 16, 2020 1:40:34 PM]
[Jun 16, 2020 1:40:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

I have a crew/flag of 3, but I've made a specific effort to muster the resources necessary to successfully go after a BK's island, even with the terrible condition the ocean is in right now. However, given the cluster shown above, I am hesitant to do so, because I see some serious "F you, I got mine" attitude.

What would even be the point of taking an island from the BK's with the knowledge that a massively backed and spiteful flag could easily take it, making our efforts worthless? It's not even possible to independently kade a flag from one of the big players, because they just have so much wealth built up from who knows how long.

Flags like this don't add anything to our ocean (O11 is Rumored for Pete's sake, and my new flag of 3 active pirates has the same fame as Babylon after 10 days and a few mediocre pillies) aside from drama. Aggressive as they can be, at least BWC do things; if you checked you'd see that Divergent run pillies almost daily, and they're almost always on the NB. They wouldn't be consistently be top 2 if they sat on their hands all the time like Junior and 14.

The funniest thing about this is that the number one flag doesn't even have any islands. There's something clearly wrong with the balance of power in Cerulean, and I'd love to see more activity and less pearl clutching by some of the "Big names".
--------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean

Do you only consider a flag active if they have a certain level of fame?

I pillage most days. Do trade runs for shoppes and palaces. Sometimes I even join a skellie fray. It also happens that I apply for something via notice board. Activity comes in more shapes and forms than what the flag fame list say.
[Jun 16, 2020 2:14:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

--------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean

Do you only consider a flag active if they have a certain level of fame?

I pillage most days. Do trade runs for shoppes and palaces. Sometimes I even join a skellie fray. It also happens that I apply for something via notice board. Activity comes in more shapes and forms than what the flag fame list say.

I do actually. Your shoppes are barely ever stocked, especially in the crucial Jade Arch, and when they are, your prices are at best a p*sstake. You contribute to Cerulean's imbalances and drama more than you contribute to its economy, and we would all be so much better off if you didn't own anything at all.

Anytime someone from Emerald visits Cerulean, it's almost inevitable that you scare them off. You're part of the problems in our ocean, and we would be so much better off if you finally disappeared into the woodwork and let the passionate players have the fun we're paying for.

Of course, life is too long to actually wish anything bad on anyone who still plays this lovely little cartoon pirate RPG like I do, so once my flag and our allies are done putting you in your place, we wish you only the warmest of regards and the happiest and healthiest life, which, believe it or not, goes on without having nine figures of PoE or a few dozen shoppes on said cartoon pirate RPG.
-------------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Jun 16, 2020 9:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

johnjc72 / Quaranpeen on Cerulean, this is addressed directly to you.

Your last post to Fourteen has got to be one of the truly nastiest things I have ever witnessed on these forums. Did you seriously not think about what you had typed before you hit the "post" button. Shame on you.
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jun 17, 2020 2:22:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnjc72

johnjc72 / Quaranpeen on Cerulean, this is addressed directly to you.

Your last post to Fourteen has got to be one of the truly nastiest things I have ever witnessed on these forums. Did you seriously not think about what you had typed before you hit the "post" button. Shame on you.

I absolutely did, because I got tired of the childish bickering that's led to a worse experience for our ocean. And maybe you didn't read the OP or the rest of this, or else you'd see that what I said doesn't hold a candle to others' hostility and condescension here. Seriously, the OP reads like something I would've written during my first time playing YPP (at age 11) and I laughed for a good hour or two at how brazen it was. Read the room, not just the opinion you disagree with. I'll take "Cognitive Dissonance" for 800 please, Alex.

I came back after 13 years out of sheer curiosity about Cobalt, a place that had given me great memories at a young age, and it was sad to /w and only see 18 online versus almost a thousand on Emerald. Over the past three months, I've been one of the most active players on Cerulean, so I've learned a lot about its state of affairs; it's pretty easy to meet most of the actives when there's maybe a few dozen left.

From my assessment, there are some individuals who take away from the competitive/collaborative spirit that used to make the ocean lots of fun, and Majorjr and 14 have been the most flagrant offenders. I can understand plenty of the contentions against Emerlaus, but at least he was one of the experienced pirates who reached out to help when I was a greenie and then when I was first running my own pillies. Would any new pirate expect anything like that from 14 or Jr? I've never seen either on the NB aside from when Jr blockaded BWC a few weekends in a row and pulled out of all of them early.

On multiple occasions, I've seen someone from Emerald go on /global to ask what was happening in Cerulean and Fourteen had some condescending/rude remark to try to shoo them away. Talk about "nasty".

If calling someone out for textbook gatekeeping and making the game less fun/competitive (it is, after all, A GAME) is "one of the truly nastiest things you have witnessed", especially in the context of this thread, imagine my frustration at having to resort to saying it here. I get that they're longstanding members of the community, but that doesn't entitle them to be immune from criticism, especially when their behavior is imo worthy of criticism. I never resorted to ad hominem; everything I said was about the way they play the game.

It's ridiculous that I had to comment on a hilariously childish "I hate person x" post from one of those longstanding members to have my voice heard, because it's a nonstarter to try to settle scores by blockading any of the Cerulean aristocracy unless you're already one of them.

The ocean, as it stands, is dominated by oligarchs, some of whom don't act in good faith, and not being able to do anything about that in-game is a feedback loop that has admittedly irked me than it should. The difficulty curve is steep enough in this game without the added barrier of a few people with lots of assets and lots of spite.

I've put more into these posts than I have into the game the past few days because I'm that tired of the pearl clutching, snobbiness, and drama in Cerulean. I won't jump ship to Emerald no matter how much more active it is because I care about Cerulean too much. "Just ignore it" stopped being an option when my ability to enjoy the game was affected. Unless you're all content with the status quo of a hostile, unevenly maintained little ocean where new pirates rarely stay active for more than a few days, the attitude needs to change.

----------
Quaranpeen on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by johnjc72 at Jun 17, 2020 5:45:06 PM]
[Jun 17, 2020 5:31:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

To be 100% clear,

Anyone who was not in my flag and governing an island I held for them has been offered my 100% funding of a blockade with fleet and stock to retake the island for them.

There are a great deal of logs that can't and won't be shared that have led me to targeting BWC as I have. I don't need permission, condolence, or public reason to do this. I would never want it, for I don't care if I'm loved, reviled, or a healthy mixture.

The brigand king utilized was Admiral Finius, by far the easiest of the brigand kings. This was chosen so I don't have to defend in a PvP blockade for a while, yet also allowing those who want to claim them an easy blockade. If you can't beat Finius you need to practice battle navigation more.

I do regret not consulting those governors for whom I scuttled the islands, yet I still stand by this being a necessary choice.

Yes, I haven't been as active as I used to be, I've been working far more than usual. Yet, rest assured, I want to govern no islands personally, any flag that wants it that isn't a part of BWC's alliance ring can have it transferred to them on my dime.

Lastly, from when I started in 2007, as is the case today, I play for me alone, and those who have earned my undying loyalty. The griping of those that have never cared for me, nor will they ever does not faze me.

Regards,

Majorjr
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 17, 2020 11:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

I'll return the compliment and pick through your posts like you did with mine. After sorting through all the unnecessary pontificating and soapboxing this is what I got.

You moaned about a player using the built-in game mechanics to his advantage and liking. Just as you may, so may he. You moaned about players owning shoppes with expensive prices, why not open your own and see how cheaply you can sell the same items for?

"What our friend here has done is sacrifice perfectly good and systemically important islands so he can consolidate his assets to go after BWC because of a personal vendetta".
You moaned about Majorjr harassing people with the game feature of blockades (via scuttling), yet advocate the use of settling disputes "on the seas or in a blockade" in a later post. Make up yer mind mate. Island scuttling en-masse is not new to Cerulean, you should ask Harrjm about his scuttle-binge back in the day!

What you posted to Majorjr:
"I don't see ye adding any value to the ocean at all"
"Yer pathetic, irrelevant flag"
"Yer a fraud"
"PS more like Ocean's Performance Anxiety amirite?"
- this coming from someone with "peen" in their name? amirite?

What you posted to Fourteen:
"Your prices are at best a p*sstake"
"we would all be so much better off if you didn't own anything at all."
"You're part of the problems in our ocean"
"we would be so much better off if you finally disappeared into the woodwork and let the passionate players have the fun we're paying for"
"...once my flag and our allies are done putting you in your place, we wish you only the warmest of regards and the happiest and healthiest life, which, believe it or not, goes on without having nine figures of PoE or a few dozen shoppes on said cartoon pirate RPG"

"I never resorted to ad hominem; everything I said was about the way they play the game."
Re-read the post YOU made directed at Fourteen, your own public declaration of future harassment against her, your personal remarks to both Majorjr and Fourteen.

Majorjr has been active on Cerulean when there were only 4 or 5 pirates logging on over the years, so of course he has amassed a "balance" as you called it.You dress your posts up as altruistic observations about the state of the ocean and other people's gameplay, when in essence they're just a long-winded, wordy rant about not having the wherewithal to take them on:

" ye just hoard the ocean's assets"
"before anyone had hoarded enough assets"
"if I see one of those asset hoarders"
"backed by absolutely massive resources"
"so he can consolidate his assets to go after BWC"
"they're just sucking wealth out of the game for selfish purposes"
" the ruder pirates were the ones who set either crazy prices"
"they have plenty of time and PoE to invest into holding onto those islands"
"can just throw seemingly limitless PoE and fleets at their challengers"
"little to no chance of taking an island without being bankrolled/aided by another aristocrat."
" because they just have so much wealth built up from who knows how long."
"I'd love to see more activity and less pearl clutching by some of the "Big names"."
"the added barrier of a few people with lots of assets and lots of spite"

And all of the above posted on a forum alt account whose only posts are in this thread.

p.s. You've bitched and moaned about two players who operate within the bounds of the games ToS and rules, yet you brazenly admit to breaking a fundamental condition "during my first time playing YPP (at age 11)" Is that why you're on a new pirate? Are you ban-evading?
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Jun 18, 2020 8:01:51 AM]
[Jun 18, 2020 6:39:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates