• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2622 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
shadowstars

Chance of Subscription and Dubloons being offered together? Reply to this Post

So I come from a subscription ocean which is all but dead at this point. I recently joined Emerald after about a 4 year absence since I missed the game and atmosphere. While I do like that I don't have to spend real money on dubs by taking some time to grind for poe for exchanging, I find all the extra costs of dubloons after ordering even small things like furniture or basic clothes to be a little excessive (imo). I was wondering if there would ever be a chance of having a subscription option offered in addition to dubs? Like a flat rate for people who would prefer to just pay a monthly price, and keeping the dub option who maybe don't want to pay real money into the game or would rather just pay for parts they use and when they can use them. Has this been addressed already? Is it a feasible option?
----------------------------------------
Phoenixstar on Cerulean
Phoenixstar and Starrylite on Emerald
[Jun 12, 2020 1:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: Chance of Subscription and Dubloons being offered together? Reply to this Post

This has been brought up countless times in the past. The devs have always said it is not possible to have both options on the same ocean. And honestly, who would stay on the doubloon option if they could just doubscribe?

Cerulean is not dead. Unless all you want to do is play Poker, then yes you will have to tough it out on Emerald. There is generally a pillage, smh or flotilla every afternoon/evening. Hearty people if they are willing and have global turned on and ask if anyone is doing anything. We are generally glad to have others join whatever we are doing. (I will be doing late evening forage offers for the next few weeks as well if your up for that)
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jun 12, 2020 1:26:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
shadowstars

Re: Chance of Subscription and Dubloons being offered together? Reply to this Post

Thanks for the offer! I'll try to check it out sometime. I still believe Cerulean is dead in comparison to an ocean that has 400+ players on it regularly. Every time I've logged in there have been under 20 players on with nothing on the notification board and no parlor games up (I'm not one for poker so that isn't an issue for me.) There are no larger sea monster hunts or several different options to choose from, which you can find on a regular basis on Emerald. Perhaps I'm from a different time zone from group of active players? If you say it's active, then I won't disregard that. I suppose I just think that having to search out if someone is available to play is not really what I would consider thriving.

As to why someone would want to use dubloons if a subscription is offered... perhaps remove the option to buy a subscription with dubloons to make it more of a forced choice? I had forgotten that there was that option at one point. It's my assumption that there are people who don't actually spend a penny on a game where they can earn the benefits of a subscription for free with a bit of extra work. It's what I'm doing at the moment anyways.

Sadly, all that is really a moot point though if the company says they can't do it, which sounds more like they are unwilling to.... or feel it would lose them more money than they are currently making with the current model. I won't give up on my wishful thinking though XD.
Phoenixstar on Cerulean
Phoenixstar and Starrylite on Emerald
[Jun 14, 2020 12:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates