• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4577 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
TheTarHeel50

SINKFEST (2020 Quarantine Edition) Come Get Those Injuries! Reply to this Post

What: Injury Sinkfest: 30* chances for each entered pirate to get an injury (starfish injury is not available from this event)
When: Friday, June 5th, 2020 2PM game time (US pacific time zone, PDT)
Where: Emerald Ocean, sinking event blockade at an island TBD
Why: Because injuries are hard to get, so lets increase those odds! And who doesnt need 30 fish bludgeons??

*Additional Details: I will only run this event if there are between 25-30 pirates registered. So, you will sink between 25-30 times (I am hoping that we can get the full 30 for the optimal event). For the rest of this post I will assume that we get the full 30 so I dont have to type 25-30 in every spot.

ENTRY FEE
The entry fee will be one (1) war brig from each pirate plus 20k PoE (to cover stock, swabbying, and charting)

• War Brigs and PoE must be received no later than Thursday, June 4th at 5PM game time
  • Do not provide your entry fee to anyone but Hansbrough or Gnome (in-game names). Nobody else will be collecting entry fees on my behalf

SECURING YOUR SPOT FOR THE EVENT

• I have already put together a solid list of interested pirates, now that a date is set, I will be reaching out to each of them to confirm their availability
  • Your spot in the event is not confirmed until you provide the entry fee (a war brig and 20k PoE). I will do my best to provide the first opportunity to those already on the interest list.
  • If you have not already contacted me, but you are interested, send a /tell to Hansbrough in-game
  • Once the participant list is full (30 pirates), I will take handful of backup names that will only be entered in the event in the case of last-minute cancellation(s).
  • IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you are confident that you will be available for the scheduled date/time before confirming your spot in the event. This event relies heavily on the coordination of all 30 participants to run smoothly. See the Refund policy below.

HOW IT ALL WORKS
All 30 pirates will be donating one WB as the entry fee, so there will be a fleet of 30 WBs for the event. At event time, you will job into my crew, Cannon Fodder (you will not have to leave your crew or anything, its just like jobbing for a pillage or SMH). We will then board each of the 30 WBs in turn and enter a sinking event blockade. There will be a WF already waiting in the blockade which will do the honors of sinking each of the WBs. So, each participant will sink 30 times. (Remember, I will still run the event if we only have 25 people, so the sink total could be as low as 25 but no lower than that).

DISCLAIMERS & REFUND POLICY
Please read these carefully. You will be required to confirm your acceptance of these conditions upon registering for the event. I apologize that these are so strict, but like I mentioned above, this event relies heavily on coordination with all participants and I cannot risk everyone elses event for a handful of people that back-out last minute or dont show up. Plus this is a significant investment so I want to try and be as fair as possible to everyone.

• REFUND POLICY: Upon transferring your war brig to Hansbrough or Gnome, it is no longer your property and is now the property of the event. If you have to cancel after that, we require that you find another pirate to take your place. Once the replacement pirate transfers their WB and entry fee, then I will refund you in full.
  • If I am able to find a replacement or someone to take your spot before the event starts, I will provide you a full refund, but this is in no way a guarantee. If I cannot find someone, you will not be refunded. So please only register for the event if you are confident that you will be available (Friday June 5th at 2PM game time)
  • Note, for last minute cancellations or no-shows your refund might be straight cash (if a refund is provided) and not the actual WB (so that we can use it for the event). The refund amount will be 245k PoE, if refunded in cash.
  • If the event needs to be fully cancelled for any reason, including low participation, you will be refunded in full as soon as possible.
  • There will be no partial refunds for remaining sinks even if you get the last injury that you need. If you get an injury early on and want to replace your spot with an alt that will be acceptable.
  • This event does NOT guarantee that you will get an injury, it just provides an opportunity.
  • If a spot in the event becomes available for any reason, the event coordinators reserve all rights to sell, auction, donate, or leave these spots empty.
  • You are NOT allowed to sell your spot on this event. You can only be replaced by someone if you need to back out and they need to provide the entry fee directly to me. Anyone found selling their spots will be dismissed from the event and your entry fee will follow the refund policy above and could be forfeited completely.
  • We will not be responsible for disconnects or other connection problems that cause you to miss sink(s).
  • We also will not hold up the event for a pirate that is consistently slow to board each ship. We need to sink 30 sinks in a limited time and cannot wait between each sink to load. You will be given a 2-3 minute courtesy on your first non-responsive boarding, after that we will not wait for you to board. You will not be refunded for missed sinks.
  • Please plan to be online 30 minutes before the event start, if possible. If you are not online and ready 5 minutes before the scheduled event start and there is someone available to take your spot, you will be replaced.

I know that disclaimer list sounds daunting, but I just want to make sure we have a smooth-running event for everyone. If you are sure that you will be available the time of the event and will be responsive throughout, you should have nothing to worry about!

Credit to all of the previous Sinkfest runners, especially Amnesty, for event specifics.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
-Hansbrough
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by TheTarHeel50 at May 26, 2020 8:01:27 PM]
[May 26, 2020 5:15:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: SINKFEST (2020 Quarantine Edition) Come Get Those Injuries! Reply to this Post

See you next friday!

Edit: Wb+PoE paid as of May 28, 2020.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at May 28, 2020 6:38:18 PM]
[May 26, 2020 5:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Bekkyjo

Re: SINKFEST (2020 Quarantine Edition) Come Get Those Injuries! Reply to this Post

This is 7AM on a Saturday Australian time, RIP. x__x Won't be able to make it.

These were amazing back in the day, thank you for bringing some of that quality back to PP. ^_^ The only suggestion I have though is to perhaps have future events at different times to accommodate more/different people like myself.

Hope you make it to 25 pirates and good luck everybody! :)
.oOo. Bekkyjo on the Hunter Ocean .oOo.
---> The news begins with good morning. Then they proceed to tell you why it's not. <---
"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day."
~Vincent Van Gogh
[May 31, 2020 7:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheTarHeel50

Thanks to everyone who came out for the event!! Even though I did not get an injury myself I had a blast and I hope you did too!

Sinkfest Round 2 is a possibility but definitely won't be right away - it is a lot of work to get everything set up and to track down 30 crazy pirates to sink with me, so I need a bit of a break. If someone else wants to take the reins for a round let me know and I'll give you all the tips I picked up and will definitely sign up myself if I can make it (since I'm still holding on to too many limbs over here).

Now for what everyone came here for... the STATS:

• 866 sinks (29 pirates x 30 ships - 4 missed sinks)
  • 15 injuries (at least - not sure I recorded them all)
  • 11 pirates got an injury
  • 3 pirates got multiple injuries
  • 1 pirates got all 3 injuries (in the first 11 sinks!!!)
  • 75 minutes start to finish (personally I'm pretty proud of this one)
  • 851 fish

So long and thanks for all the fish!
-Hansbrough
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheTarHeel50 at Jun 5, 2020 7:50:32 PM]
[Jun 5, 2020 4:03:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Wow thanks for the update. I will need to do the next one because of that!
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Jun 5, 2020 4:30:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

• 1 pirates got all 3 injuries (in the first 11 sinks!!!)

• Literally ALL the luck...

Was fun anyways. Sign me up for the next one.
    Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
    Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
    [Jun 5, 2020 10:05:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
    Freethefrail

Thanks for the really well run event! It was smooth from start to finish. I got a pegleg yay! My first ever injury.

Eagerly awaiting the next one so I can get the rest.
    Suspirium on Emerald
    [Jun 6, 2020 4:47:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    TheTarHeel50

So I'm getting the itch to run another Sinkfest, but with a slightly different format that is hopefully easier for me to manage - less people (10-20), slightly less sinks (15-25), and a buy-in that is only cash so no one has to worry about getting a ship. Although this should be simpler for everyone, it does require a bit of upfront cash on my part, so not sure of the timing yet. Once I can gather up the necessary resources I'll make a new post and reach out to past participants for interest.

If you're interested in getting the next event rolling sooner and want to help me fund the initial investment, please reach out to me!

-Hansbrough
    [Jun 12, 2020 1:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Kuddie

Sinkfest seems like a great idea!

I'm really bummed that I missed this last one, so hopefully I will be able to participate in the next one if there will be any spots left open.
    https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Kuddie
    [Jun 12, 2020 1:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    TheTarHeel50

Turns out we didn't have to wait so long after all! I have schedule Sinkfest 2.0, please see my new forum post for the details (the event format has changed slightly) - the event will be this Friday, June 19th at 2PM gametime. Send a /tell to Hansbrough if you are interested!

I'm feeling a personal injury this time!
    -Hansbrough
    [Jun 13, 2020 9:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates