• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3328 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
gangrel_27

HTTP not found Reply to this Post

I accidently updated JAVA trying to get something else on my computer to work, after doing so my YPP will no longer run. So I tried uninstall/reinstall and now when I run the YPP installer I get this HTTP not found error. What should I do to get YPP back???
----------------------------------------
Gangrel of Meridian Ocean
-Retired-

Gangrel of Emerald Ocean
Senior Officer and Carpenter of Long Time Coming
[May 6, 2020 11:06:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.google.com    Gangrel_27 [Link]  Go to top 
Jbsundown1

Re: HTTP not found Reply to this Post

Hello Gangrel,

Have you got this issue sorted? I recently had this issue but I asked the support team and they've solved it for me.
The downloader failed on downloading a java.zip file. It failed with a 404 HTTP error so I believe the installer was pointing to a place that does not exist.
The solution was to download the entire installer, not just the small installer that downloads the rest.

The link to the full installer is here: FULL INSTALL

However, if that alone didn't solve the issue then you will need to completely uninstall all java installations on your computer. Restart your computer. Redownload the latest java version from here: LATEST JAVA

Then re download the above full installer and run it.

I hope this helps!
[May 15, 2020 4:38:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forevever

Re: HTTP not found Reply to this Post

I accidently updated JAVA trying to get something else on my computer to work, after doing so my YPP will no longer run. So I tried uninstall/reinstall and now when I run the YPP installer I get this HTTP not found error. What should I do to get YPP back???

Just in case anyone has trouble with this in the future, if you update java, you shouldn't need to reinstall pirates to get it to work.

If you're using the desktop launcher, all you need to do is open it's properties, and in the target line, change the numbers after "jre"

For the purpose of having an example to show, I updated my current java

The original target (including the period at the end)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_231\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

The new target (still including that period at the end)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

All I had to change was the 3 to a 5.
You can find your new version number in your c: program files()/java The folder in your java folder should be named similarly (jre1.8.0_251)
I hope this saves someone a headache in the future!
----------------------------------------
Forevever and Foreverchaos
Cerulean and Meridian
[Jun 25, 2020 8:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    forevever [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates