• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3031 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Phaerie2

Java Update April 2020 Reply to this Post

The latest java update fried my PP install. Desktop shortcut no longer valid and the exe file wouldn't run the client.

Deleted bad desktop shortcut.
Then had to uninstall and reinstall again using yohoho-0--en-install.exe (from http://www.puzzlepirates.com/download.xhtml)

Issues with getting the exe file on Google Chrome, used Internet Explorer and it downloaded fine. PITA waiting for the install to update though!

Games installed, shortcut restored, all working fine again.
----------------------------------------
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Apr 16, 2020 7:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Java Update April 2020 Reply to this Post

I've had this in the past too - there's an easier fix than redownloading.

Right click your "puzzle pirates" icon and click Properties. There'll be a field called "Target".

Browse to your Program files/Java folder (or wherever it points to, and find the version number of the new Java. The old folder might still be there but will be empty.

Replace the number in the "Target" box with the newer version, and it should run again
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Apr 16, 2020 12:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates