• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5836 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
emerson

Sad news for Southern California pirates Reply to this Post

For those of you who live in Southern California and may have either visited or participated in cannon battles aboard the Ocean Institutes' Pilgrim, I regret to inform you it has sunk in Dana Point Harbor.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/03/29/ocean-institutes-tall-ship-pilgrim-is-sinking-in-dana-point-harbor/

Some people think she may be refloated and repaired, but I received a mass email from the Ocean Institute stating the following:

We are very sad to announce that Pilgrim, our beloved vessel that has served as an inspiring real-world classroom to hundreds of thousands of students and visitors, keeled overnight in her slip on our dock, rendering her useful life over.
As part of our maintenance process, Pilgrim undergoes out-of-the water and underwater inspections. In 2016 she was hauled out for survey and repairs and in October 2019, we began a fund to support the haul out and repair scheduled to take place in January 2020. The haul out was postponed until June due to overload at the yard. Meanwhile, Ocean Institute maintained our certifications and the United States Coast Guard issued a Certificate of Inspection (COI) in December and again in February, allowing our dockside programs to continue. Unfortunately, Pilgrim keeled on March 29th and is incapacitated beyond repair.
We are sad to bid farewell to this iconic vessel which has been such an important part of Ocean Institute?s programs and to the children that they served.

Unless something significant happens, and it seems unlikely given the situation with Covid-19 resulting in the Ocean Institute being decimated by the lack of income, it appears that the Pilgrim is, indeed, beyond hope.

Farewell, Pilgrim. May you sail forever in fair winds and following seas.

----------------------------------------
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Edit 4 times, last edit by emerson at Mar 29, 2020 8:05:07 PM]
[Mar 29, 2020 8:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: Sad news for Southern California pirates Reply to this Post

May we never forget your greatness.

Man that sucks ):
Yumisa World Wide~
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Mar 29, 2020 10:25:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Sic transit gloria mundi.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Mar 30, 2020 3:41:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Quick update.

Pilgrim has been demolished.

Read here for the brief story.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[May 7, 2020 3:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates