• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9003 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

[Doodle] Ahoy m'hearties!! Win a Hera Doll trinket! Deadline 11.59 PM April 7th - Winners Announced! Reply to this Post

Ahoy m'hearties! Design an alternate method to get a message to pirate hearties!!

In these times of social isolation it can be tricky getting messages to yer hearties. Traditionally, castaway pirates have relied on a message in a bottle and the luck of the sea currents. This isn't going to work for me. I want to get a message to my hearty Cronus as soon as possible to ask him how the pet sitting he is doing for me is going. (I'm afraid that it isn't going well at all...)

Your task is to provide me a drawing/plan to show me how to get my very important missive to him. How you do this is up to you. It could be directions in a short cartoon form, it could be an elaborate blue print of a new invention pirates can use to get a written message from point A to point B. What it does need to be is a drawing of some sort, not a written explanation. (I don't do well with big words!)

What I want!
- One image showing your plan of how to get a message through as speedily as possible.
- Your work should be your own original art (you can borrow ideas from YPP art, but I don't want to see screenshots included)
- How you create your artwork is up to you; whichever media suits you best (digital or paint, pens or even old fashioned crayons!).
- You don't need to show a message, just the method of getting the message from one pirate to another without contact between the two.
- Your art should include your pirate name and the year.

Please include the following in your post:
- Your pirate's name and ocean you want prizes delivered on.
- Your favourite standard in-game color (just because!)
- Your art work as shown here. Be sure to keep the image to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels, but also include a link to a larger work if that size doesn't allow your plan to display well.

The Prizes

The winner will get their very own Hera Doll trinket. The Runner-up will get a standard renamed sloop. There may be other prizes depending on the number of entries which may include furniture and other trinkets. Oh, and Hera Eggs!
And lets not forget Shiny Sun Points!

Other rules/information
-Only one entry per player
-Contest will finish 11.59pm April 7th game time
- You may edit your post up until the deadline.
-Entries should be in this thread!

Edit: To clarify entries are in this thread.
----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Hera at Apr 30, 2020 8:40:00 PM]
[Mar 22, 2020 11:29:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: [Doodle] Ahoy m'hearties!! Win a Hera Doll trinket! Deadline 11.59 PM April 7th game time. Reply to this Post

Reserved!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Mar 23, 2020 1:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: [Doodle] Ahoy m'hearties!! Win a Hera Doll trinket! Deadline 11.59 PM April 7th game time. Reply to this Post

Silly question x)
do i post the entry here?
Yumisa World Wide~
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Mar 26, 2020 10:09:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Bisca of Emerald.
My favorite color currently is lavender.

To deliver my message I hollowed out a coconut, stuck a twig in it and attached a napkin to the twig.
Then I set it out on the water and pray to the Gods of the Sea...

Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[Mar 27, 2020 3:55:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

Bookly on Emerald
My favorite color is gold!

large
I sometimes do avatars!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Mar 27, 2020 9:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Silly question x)
do i post the entry here?

Yes! Here please :D
[Mar 28, 2020 1:09:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Alrighty! here we go

Yumisa
Emerald
i like blue :L

So, here's the plan: Cannonball the message

Fast, easy, requires searching for the target, and only minimal property damage :,)

Happy saturday to all o/
Yumisa World Wide~
[Mar 28, 2020 4:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Oh, Yumisa, great minds think alike! I just started drawing a cannonball message yesterday, but you have beaten me to it (and done a much better job!).
Good luck.
Zapa of Emerald
[Mar 28, 2020 5:54:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Tilinka, Emerald.
I like magenta! (Also, all the bright colors)

No pirate can resist the lure of treasure!

Other sizes
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tilinka at Mar 30, 2020 12:47:12 PM]
[Mar 30, 2020 12:45:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean
Favorite Springtime color: Aqua

Having been inside so long, me brain is getting a bit muddled. Seems I have mixed up Puzzle Pirates with Harry Potter, thus message via Owl. :)

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Mar 31, 2020 7:59:38 AM]
[Mar 30, 2020 8:41:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garckon

Gammyx on the Emerald Ocean
Favourite Colour: Grey

Harrrr there be no plan! *Hera tosses toilet paper*

There be a shortage due to hoarding pirates!!

*edited ever so slightly and added my name/date*
Gammyx on Emerald

~Avatar by Cattrin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Garckon at Apr 10, 2020 8:48:00 PM]
[Apr 3, 2020 10:23:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fatouma123

I am obsessed with penguins, so here's my entry.

Dysthymia on Emerald
My favourite colour would be Maroon .

(I heard animals don't transmit COVID19 so he's all good)

Edit: I realized I didn't put my name & year, so I re-uploaded it.
Dysthymia on Emerald

My wings are used as flippers
So in water I can flow
Sometimes when on land I slide
On my belly in the snow
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fatouma123 at Apr 7, 2020 12:00:58 AM]
[Apr 5, 2020 6:02:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kikkertjuhh

I would just speedsail over!
Crystalchaos on emerald ocean.
Favorite color: white or green

[Apr 5, 2020 10:36:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drover4

Drover of Emerald
My favorite color is Gold
Artwork titled, "DaVinci Deliveries- Humans cant do this, but crabs can!" or "DaVinci's Pinci's"

Please see link:
https://i.postimg.cc/pXKYmVqZ/YPP-April-Comp.jpg
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Drover4 at Apr 6, 2020 6:25:12 PM]
[Apr 5, 2020 5:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Emerald
Color: White!

Everyone knows these days Cronus ignores any sort of communication that doesn't have food attached to it.
But, there's no bakery on the island! And no way to deliver it! I'm sure you can figure something out.
full size

Designing and building your own bakery, becoming a master baker, and launching a plucky food-delivery startup called Postmaties seems like not the most efficient way of getting through Cronus' thick skull, it's true.
But with Gingerbread and Pies not available for another 8 months, I argue this really was the fastest way.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Apr 6, 2020 11:18:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
Navy

Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Apr 6, 2020 10:01:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Phaeirie, Emerald 2020
Black

Perhaps more in-house training for the goats is needed!

Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Apr 7, 2020 7:47:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Cerulean
Mosquitoes tell Cronus not to eat Hera's pet!
The nice thing for Hera is that mosquitoes are everywhere!

(sorry for size, etc. If I get my comp up I will fix it!)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Apr 7, 2020 10:25:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
pixierain486

Scythera of Emerald
Colour: Magenta

ARRR prime service 1-Day super fast delivery!
(Don't let Cronus unscramble portraits on his own...)

*Scythera of Emerald | Obsidian | Meridian*

[Apr 7, 2020 1:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

And...closed!

Oooh, so many entries, and all awesome! Judging begins!
[Apr 8, 2020 2:23:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

The suspense!
I sometimes do avatars!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Apr 20, 2020 9:22:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

My apologies mates! Its been a little hectic of late so I'm running behind on judging. I hope to have it all done and finished in the next couple of days :D
[Apr 22, 2020 9:46:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garckon

I think everyone's just about keeping their heads above water! :) good luck all
Gammyx on Emerald

~Avatar by Cattrin
[Apr 23, 2020 11:49:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

Sí, quite understandable. Hi Hera!
I sometimes do avatars!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Apr 23, 2020 1:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Thank you all so much for your ongoing patience while we got this judged (which took way longer than I'd have liked!). I'd like to blame Cronus for being tardy, but he sent me a message just as soon as the competition was over saying he wanted to give a Cronus Doll trinket to the entry he liked the best! The delay is all on me, so as an apology I'm giving Hera Eggs to every entry. Huzzah!

Without further delay,

My winner getting a Hera Doll, Hera Egg, tea set furniture (excluding blind mice, sorry), trinket AND 5 shiny sun points goes to Phaeirie of Emerald with her Yodelling Goats. You had me at 'we don't kid around'. Seriously.

Runners up getting a fantastic Hera Egg and two shiny sunpoints. Oh, and a renamed sloop each are:

Dysthymia of Emerald (Speedy Penguinfish)
Scythera of Emerald (Unspellable Hira)
Cattrin of Emerald (Informative Ising)

The special 'Cronus Choice' prize of a rather smelly Cronus Doll (I am SO sorry) goes to Yumisa of Emerald

Prizes will be hitting yer inventories soon(ish!) and Shiny Sun Points will update after that.

Thank ye again to all who entered; so many fantastic ideas! Stay safe, m'dears and fair winds!

Edit: Prizes all sent out!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Apr 30, 2020 8:48:21 PM]
[Apr 30, 2020 8:20:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

WHEW! That's a relief. I was afraid Hera eggs had begun spontaneously generating in my inventory. :D

Thank ye, this event was a new and interesting challenge!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Apr 30, 2020 9:49:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Congratulations to everyone ^^ it was very fun to have participated (and gotten back into doing art again due to it!)

Also thank you very very much!! ;-;
Yumisa World Wide~
[Apr 30, 2020 10:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Re: [Doodle] Ahoy m'hearties!! Win a Hera Doll trinket! Deadline 11.59 PM April 7th - Winners Announced! Reply to this Post

Wow! I'm delighted! That was such a baaad (sorry!) pun, but I just couldn't resist!

I always say it; the creativity of the PP community can brighten the darkest of days. I loved all the entries, but in particular wanted to welcome my hearty Drover to the ranks of Doodlers with his first attempt :)

Thanks to all the OMs and pirates that take the time to give us locked-down pirates inspiration for our imagination. <3

p.s. "Please sir, I want some more"
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[May 1, 2020 5:10:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

Re: [Doodle] Ahoy m'hearties!! Win a Hera Doll trinket! Deadline 11.59 PM April 7th - Winners Announced! Reply to this Post

COngrats winners! And thank ye Hera for the event =]
I sometimes do avatars!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[May 1, 2020 5:52:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates