• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4731 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
qlauncher

[SOLVED!] The RETURN of BOOCHKING! Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates!

This puzzle was solved by Distracted on the Emerald ocean the morning of March 23rd, 2020. Two days - not bad!

Thanks for playing, everyone! Here's a link to the explanation video: https://youtu.be/bukKrWDKJGQ

Boochking is returning!

Hello fellow quarantined mates,

During these times of global fear, I find it helpful to channel my mind into a high-level distraction... like a puzzle!

A pirate is currently paddling his way to Emerald Ocean, and he can't wait to meet you all! He came to Obsidian Ocean and no one could crack the code, so there were no winners! :-( Maybe you and your mates are clever enough to solve it?

THINGS TO KNOW:

[1] The puzzle will be housed in the back room of "The Jazz Bar" Inn on the Isle of Kent, Starting Saturday, March 21st.

Boochking will be in and out between the hours of 5am-6pm Game Time daily - because Boochking is being entirely run in my spare time, be patient with me!

[2] THIS IS AN ESCAPE ROOM/CRYPTOGRAPHY/CIPHER CODE/RIDDLE TYPE OF PUZZLE.

There are several layers of this puzzle, and it will challenge and frustrate you to no end. Boochking will never leave the room, but you might have to, to find something or reference something - couldn't tell you! Also, I wouldn't suggest going it alone, but be my guest!

[3] THE PRIZE FOR THIS EVENT IS BOOCHKING'S LONG LOST LONGSHIP "Botched Blobfish", with 2 Million PoE sitting in the Ship's Hold!

Note: **I will not be keeping up with teams and alliances, so its your piratey jobs to work only with pirates you trust if you plan to give this challenge a try with the help of others!

[4] JAZZ IS CONTROLLING THE MYSTERY PIRATE'S ACTIONS, BUT IS SEPARATE FROM THE PUZZLE.

I (Jazz) will be in control of this mysterious pirate, but I am not divulging any hints or tips of the puzzle with my main account. If you reach out to me once asking about the puzzle, you will get a warning about this. The second time, you will be muted by both my main and alt and you will not be able to win.

[5] THE MYSTERY PIRATE IS NOT IMPROVISING. EVERY INTERACTION, POSSESSION AND THING HE SAYS/DOES IS A PRODUCT OF MATICULOUS PLANNING.

Additional Tips:
- There are things he will say that are are important. There are things he will say that are unimportant. It is up to you to figure it all out!
- Boochking showing you a ribbon is a key part to figuring out the mystery - write that down!
- The way to win is by telling Boochking a group of words in a particular order to create a phrase.
- Make sure you are always trying new things/ asking new questions considering all of Boochking's words and actions!
- Consider the fact that anyone can hear what Boochking says and does in the room. If you have an idea and don't want anyone to see, maybe you should wait until its just you and him (if that ever happens!)

----------------------------------------
I'm Jazz, the loud-mouth OM wanna-be Innkeep.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by qlauncher at Mar 23, 2020 10:23:52 AM]
[Mar 19, 2020 7:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colder1

Re: The RETURN of BOOCHKING! Reply to this Post

Thanks Jazz! Certainly gave my brain something to think about..!
Coldest
[Mar 23, 2020 9:58:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates