• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6220 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

[Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 31 December [WINNERS FINALLY ANNOUNCED!] Reply to this Post

Winner's announced!

What are we doing? It's A Comical Life!

How do we play? Create your own holiday classic in comic strip form!
Why do we do this? Use screenshots of YPP to create a comical look at YPP holiday traditions or special moments in the game. Are you racing for last minute toy parts to keep your hearties happy? Caroling inn to inn for poe? Get creative! Give us a tale to tell our swabbies as we nestle them into bed before Ol' Saint Cleaver drops booty into their holds!

Entry Template:
Pirate Name:
Ocean:
Picture: (your final product)
Description: (Tell us what's happening!)

What do you have to do?

• Create a comic strip of a minimum of five panels using screenshots from the game. Staging conversations, editing images, and photoshopping is fine!
  • Remember, you're creating a new holiday classic, but it can be anything you like!
  • Host your image(s) on Imgur. You don't need to make an account--just upload them
  • Submit your entry in this thread following the template above
  • Double check your entry to make sure your image link works and that you have not exceeded the word count for the description."

When do I have to do this? 10:00pm 12/28/2019 12/31/2019
Let's get Krackin'! Here's more information:

• Only one entry per player
  • Editing, cropping, and modifying the screenshots is fine, but the base image should be from ingame screenshots.
  • Contest will finish at game time
  • Make sure you have a title panel (first image) that includes the name of your strip, your pirate name, and the ocean you play on.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of 10:00pm 28 31 Dec
  • Have fun creating!

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 10 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 20, 2020 5:19:17 PM]
[Dec 16, 2019 11:42:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marygarlits

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 28 December Reply to this Post

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Merry Christmas!
Aubrey on Meridian

And will you succeed?
Yes indeed, yes indeed!
Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.
-Dr. Seuss
[Dec 22, 2019 6:18:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 28 December Reply to this Post

Greyladyy of Cerulean
Title and panel 1
Panels 2 and 3
Panels 4 and 5

Grumpygrampz is unhappy that his home is so bare for Christmas, so decides buy a treat to cheer himself up. But every shoppe he visits is closed for the holidays. Upon returning home, though, he finds that Santa has come, and now he is a happy little pirate!
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Dec 23, 2019 11:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena
Cerulean

Panel 1
Panel 2
Panel 3
Panel 4
Panel 5
The whole shebang

A pirate discovers true holiday spirit.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 24, 2019 1:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Ahoy! I've extended the deadline to Dec 31 do to the downtime this weekend.
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Dec 29, 2019 7:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jadesteph

Pirate Name: Redjade
Ocean: Emerald

Pictures:

Complete Product
All I want for Christmas...

Parts
Title and Panels 1 & 2
Panel 3
Panels 4, 5 & 6
Panel 7

Description: Redjade's Santa asks her about what she wants for Christmas. Will she say what he wants to hear? ;)

I should really stop procrastinating. xD
[Dec 29, 2019 7:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 31 December Reply to this Post

Pheairie, Emerald

A naughty pirate decides to steal herself a gift from the OMs.

A Phaeirie Tale
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Dec 31, 2019 7:42:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 31 December Reply to this Post

Sorry, mates! The flu forced me into full hibernation, but I'm here now! AND OUR WINNERS ARE:

Red Jade of Emerald (2 Shiny Sun Points) - A fancy little dhow named the Comical Life and a portrait! - Delivered!
Herowena of Cerulean (1 Shiny Sun Point) - Whatever I find in Hera's closet and a portrait!

For all of you that participated and your awesome patience, I'm awarding a Nemesis doll. - Shhh. Don't tell Hera.
Later...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 26, 2020 9:36:57 AM]
[Jan 20, 2020 5:18:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Yay, I'm glad you won the flu fray. And thank you!
(No, I haven't been stalking this thread. Why do you ask?)
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 20, 2020 5:59:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Congratz Red & Hero! You both made me giggle! And thanks for the dolly and all of your hard work, Nemesis! :)

PS. Glad ye've recovered from the flu-bug!
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Jan 20, 2020 7:53:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Congrats to the winners!
I wish I have had the energy to have joined, now I'm missing out on an awesome doll :'(

I enjoyed looking at all the entries.
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[Jan 21, 2020 2:40:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jadesteph

Yay, thank you! And also glad you've recovered from the flu, Nemesis. Congrats, everyone! <3

(I also haven't been checking the threads.... or /w-ing Nemesis in-game. Nope. ;p )
[Jan 21, 2020 3:37:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 31 December [WINNERS FINALLY ANNOUNCED!] Reply to this Post

Congrats to the deserving winners! This was my favourite out of all the doodles.
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jan 21, 2020 12:32:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates