• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5942 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

[Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Diorama Drama! Deadline 10:00pm 26 December [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

Winner's announced!

What are we doing? Diorama Drama!
How do we play? What's more insidious than my normal yearly diorama request? MARSHMALLOW DIORAMAS!
Why do we do this? Create a diorama using primarily marshmallow depicting the most dramatic moment of a sea battle.

Entry Template:
Pirate Name:
Ocean:
Picture: (your final product)
Description: (Tell us what's happening!)

What do you have to do?

• Create a diorama using marshmallows
  • Remember, you're showing us the most dramatic moment of a sea battle. Are you winning? Losing? Throwing Hera overboard? OMG THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!
  • Host your image(s) on Imgur. You don't need to make an account--just upload them
  • Submit your entry in this thread following the template above
  • Double check your entry to make sure your image link works and that you have not exceeded the word count for the description.

When do I have to do this? December 26, 2019 by 10:00pm

S'more the merrier!

The details

• Only one entry per player
  • You may use other items to aid in the structure or details of your art (toothpicks, markers, string, paper, etc), but the majority of the work should be marshmallow (even marshmallow fluff!).
  • Contest will finish at game time
  • All photos must have a card/paper in them with your pirate name written on it.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of 10:00pm 26 Dec
  • Have fun creating!

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Nemesis at Jan 20, 2020 5:27:02 PM]
[Dec 16, 2019 11:27:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Diorama Drama! Deadline 10:00pm 26 December Reply to this Post

Q: I understand we need to use marshmallows but can we also use .. say... Chocolate and Graham Crackers? Smorething like that? ;) Or strictly marshmallows only?

Thank ye!
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Dec 16, 2019 2:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Diorama Drama! Deadline 10:00pm 26 December Reply to this Post

Q: I understand we need to use marshmallows but can we also use .. say... Chocolate and Graham Crackers? Smorething like that? ;) Or strictly marshmallows only?

Thank ye!

Bah! That part of my instructions got clipped. I'll update! The short answer is: Yes, but impress me with the marshmallowiness of it all. The relevant missing bit is:

"You may use other items to aid in the structure or details of your art (toothpicks, markers, string, paper, etc), but the majority of the work should be marshmallow (even marshmallow fluff!). "
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 16, 2019 2:55:40 PM]
[Dec 16, 2019 2:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean

Sea Battle 1
Sea Battle 2

Ok, so this idea was based on my worst nightmare! Going into battle, the board appears, and THIS is where you're at!! Arrrgggghhhh!

Ocean is made from marshmallow fluff colored with food coloring, the grid is made from Twizzlers peel-a-part strips, the ships, sails and rocks from extra large flat marshmallows cut to shape and rolled in corn starch to reduce tackiness. The cannons are whole cloves. Oh, the sails are held up with toothpicks, otherwise all is edible, mostly marshmallow.
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Dec 22, 2019 10:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena
Cerulean

Sea Battle
The all-important grapple! Every sea battle, whether long drawn out, or a quick surprise ambush, comes down to this most exciting moment.

Made from assorted marshmallows , with melted ones for background. Marshmallows are a positively diabolical material, by the way.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Edit 2 times, last edit by joandart at Dec 25, 2019 11:56:06 AM]
[Dec 22, 2019 11:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Flag sit on last round of kade using only Sloops with island in the background.

Used melted chocolate on the sails to keep them upright and some melted chocolate between the marshmallow building blocks on the ships. STICKY and YUMMY!!

Just for the shizzles, i added fishies ^_^

Alpha of Emerald
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 26, 2019 12:13:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Phaeirie
Emerald

Mine is a memory of a truly wonderful pirate called Squiddy on Midnight. He took a green pirate called Phaerie into her very first blockade. They were two, in a little sloop and zipped around the blockade board having a ball!

Squiddy blockades in a sloop!

I think I have Type 2 Diabetes after this one, I ate the mistakes!!! Unfortunately it's not complete. I wanted to put in a navigation control panel but ran out of time...Santa and all that. And yes, Herowena is absolutely correct....diabolical marshmallows!

Background is attempt at bnav board, foreground is trying to be a sloop after sinking the enemy (fire and debris) getting ready to face a much bigger boat, with choppy whitecaps from the waves. The boats can be identified by the toothpick masts.

Materials
Progress
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Dec 26, 2019 8:08:56 AM]
[Dec 26, 2019 8:07:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jadesteph

Redjade
Emerald
Final product
Description:
We need to ruuuuun, but.... there are no moves! So the captain shouts: Grab those sailssss!!! However, there's zZz above a lazer's head! Off the plank you go!

Would anyone hate me if I say I hate marshmallows? Sorry, not sorry. xD Diabolical indeed.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jadesteph at Dec 26, 2019 9:57:34 PM]
[Dec 26, 2019 9:55:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Sorry, mates! The flu forced me into full hibernation, but I'm here now! AND OUR WINNERS ARE:

Greyladyy of Cerulean (2 Shiny Sun Points) - A slightly charred cutter named the Burnt Marshmallow and a portrait!
Phaeirie of Emerald (1 Shiny Sun Point) - Whatever I find in Clotho's closet and a portrait!

For all of you that participated and your awesome patience, I'm awarding a Nemesis doll. - They may or may not be haunted.
Later...
[Jan 20, 2020 5:26:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Oh my goodness! This was a huge surprise! Thank you so much, and congratulations to everyone on their clever entries. :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Jan 20, 2020 7:51:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Congrats to the marshmallow wranglers!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 20, 2020 8:52:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Congrats to the winners!
I wish I have had the energy to have joined, now I'm missing out on an awesome doll :'(

I enjoyed looking at all the entries.

Ps. Nemesis... I hope it wasn't the recipe in your stocking that made you sick! :(
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taskbeta at Jan 21, 2020 2:47:56 AM]
[Jan 21, 2020 2:40:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Diorama Drama! Deadline 10:00pm 26 December [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

Thank you so much! Delighted with the mini-Nemesis :D
Although...to be honest...I really never want to see a marshmallow again!
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jan 21, 2020 12:30:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Diorama Drama! Deadline 10:00pm 26 December [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

My very own neme-doll!!! Yay!!

Thank you Nemesis and congratulations to all the winners. It was a super sticky fun doodle
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Jan 22, 2020 12:17:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates