• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7190 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

[Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Papier-mâché Pets! Deadline 11:00am 17 December [winners announced] Reply to this Post

Winners announced here

Pets are forever, and not just for Christmas, but we can certainly celebrate our lovely in game pets this December. For your second Doodle, I want you to make a papier-mâché model of your favorite in game pet. The size of your model is completely up to you! Bigger models won't gain you more points, and please remember that the time you have to put into this is limited. Your model should be decorated in a way that suggests Christmas. How you do that is up to you! You could put a tinsel collar on a dog, have a Santa hat on a sheep, or make the final layer of the papier-mâché just using Christmas wrapping paper. The choice is yours!

Please include the following in your post:
  • Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Link to a photo of the materials with ID card
  • Link to an in-progress picture with ID card
  • Link to the finished picture with ID card
  • Host your images on Imgur . You don't need to make an account--just upload them
  • Double check your entry to make sure you have three working links to each entry, and that it follows the template below.

Entry Template:
    Pirate Name:
    Ocean:
    Creation Link:
    Creation Link:
    Finished Link:

Other rules/information
  • Only one entry per player
  • Contest will finish at 11:00am 17 December 2019 game time
  • All photos must have a card/paper in them with your pirate name written on it.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline of 11:00am 17 December 2019, but any edits after that will result in your entry being disqualified.
  • Have fun creating!
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 27, 2019 2:42:40 PM]
  • [Dec 4, 2019 8:02:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Papier-mâché Pets! Deadline 11:00am 17 December Reply to this Post

Tomorrow is the deadline :(
    Personally I loathe Papier-Mache because it's so messy and soooo much work.
    But I was really hoping to see some work from others :(
    Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
    [Dec 16, 2019 1:42:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Re: [Event] 2019 December (not) Daily Doodle, Papier-mâché Pets! Deadline 11:00am 17 December Reply to this Post

Herowena
    Cerulean
    Materials:
    Creation Link:
    Creation Link:
    Finished Link:
    With bonus kitten:
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Edit 2 times, last edit by joandart at Dec 16, 2019 11:12:55 PM]
    [Dec 16, 2019 8:30:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha of Emerald
    Magenta

My Papier-mâché Pet - the Elephant.

Materials used for creating pet , mache paste and decorations
    In progress mache, of course it's messy but fun! pet, decorating
    Finished picture

- xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Dec 16, 2019 8:57:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Alpha that is amazeballs!!! :O

[Dec 16, 2019 10:41:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lilymoon

Faeree of Cerulean

Festive Pet Rock!

Materials (not shown; pipe cleaners)

In Progress: [1 ] [2 ] [3 ]

Final: [1 ] [2 ]
    Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
    Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 
    (Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Dec 16, 2019 7:10:17 PM]
    [Dec 16, 2019 3:40:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
    jadesteph

Redjade
    Emerald
    Materials: Materials1 Materials2
    Creation: Creation1 Creation2
    Final: Festive Yeti who loves baking holiday goodies
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by jadesteph at Dec 17, 2019 6:48:10 AM]
    [Dec 16, 2019 7:09:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean

Yuletime Yeti

Materials (sorry, required several images as I kinda decided what I needed as I progressed!)
    mat01 tubes, lights, paper, sketches
    mat02 paste, paper towels
    mat03 pipe cleaners, play dough, stapler
    mat04 glue, spray glue, glitter, food coloring (note: white paint shown in prog03 photo)

Progress
    prog01
    prog02
    prog03

Final
    final01
    final02
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
    [Dec 16, 2019 9:55:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

You guys... make me so happy..!
    I had wonderful laughs and smiles

[Dec 17, 2019 2:10:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Meet Snoop Hoggy Hog, he's a very *very* distant relation to Rudolph!

Phaeirie, Emerald

Finished hedgehog
    Materials
    Progress
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Dec 17, 2019 7:36:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Merlyana

Hi Panda!!!! Love everyones entries, had so much fun doing this!

Merlyiana
    Emerald
    Creation link uno
    Creation link two
    Another one!!!
    Finished Link
    Merlyiana on Emerald
    Becky on Obsidian
    - Princess ig & irl

Zippit tells ye, "the aqward moment when merly logs on and the whole ocean goes quiet"
    [Dec 17, 2019 10:51:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

These are all addddddorabbbleeeee!
    [Dec 17, 2019 2:39:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Wow! I thought I'd given y'all a really difficult task with this one and have been delighted with how many entries there were and how wonderful every entry was. This has been a tough, tough task for me to judge, but I've finally made my decision.

Congratulations to Alpha of Emerald! You win a standard renamed sloop, a large pet bed and pet food, trinket and a shiny sun point. Oh, and an egg. Nearly forgot the most important thing there!

Winning a large pet bed, pet food, egg, trinket and a very shiny sun point each are: Herowena of Emerald and Redjade of Emerald. Well done! Prizes will be delivered soonish.

Thank you all for entering :D
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Dec 27, 2019 2:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Hurrah, thank ye! My gazillion pets appreciate the prizes, and I was just wondering if Sun Points were still happening. :)
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 27, 2019 3:23:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Truly deserving winners! Congrats!
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Dec 27, 2019 4:35:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jadesteph

Thank you! I (and my pets) love the prizes. Now I need a purple room. ;D
    [Dec 29, 2019 7:46:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Congratz everyone! These were soooo cute!
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
    [Dec 29, 2019 8:08:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

.... I was just wondering if Sun Points were still happening. :)

Yes, they are. A Shiny Sun point has been applied to each of the winners - they should be listed next to the other prizes.
    [Dec 29, 2019 11:53:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Yes, they are. A Shiny Sun point has been applied to each of the winners - they should be listed next to the other prizes.

Got it, thank ye. Now to stop changing my mind about which shiny thing to use the points for!
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 29, 2019 12:49:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Thank you <3 and congrats to everyone.
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 1, 2020 10:45:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates