• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8390 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Event: December (not) Daily Doodles, 2019 edition! Reply to this Post

December (not) Daily Doodles! December (not) Daily Doodles!

December again! Another year winds down and and we are all set for some fine December Doodling! This year I wanted to call it December Dooooodles due to the change of format, but someone (Nemesis) vetoed that; apparently she is the Xmas Grinch this year.

Rather than us posting all throughout December at set times for each challenge, we are going to post all of the challenges in advance. You still will need to submit each entry by the stated cut off time (which will be in each entry thread) and entries posted after that time will be disqualified. You will, however, be able to manage your holiday time a little better and have longer to complete each challenge! Judging times may vary depending on our availability, but we will endeavor to get all entries judged and prizes awarded by early January.

SO! Prepare your pens, paper and random possibly useful stuff from around the house and be ready to DOODLE with the first event closing on December 12th at 11.00am Game Time . Remember, we may require the use of holiday notions such as wrapping paper, cards, ribbons or any to complete some of the tasks so remember to not recycle holiday detritus too early!

As usual, there will be two doodles per week with each one ending on a Tuesday or Thursday. Most, if not all, of these contests will be forum-based and you will need to plan your entries so you don't miss the cut off times for each one. There will be a variety of prizes during the event and they won't be pre-announced.

There will be multiple forum threads for this event. This sticky thread will contain a running summary of events, winners and prizes. Each doodle will then have its own entry thread.

The general rules for the forum contests are as follows (stolen from previous years, but it will broadly apply to this year too)
  • Only one entry per player in each contest, but you may enter as many different contests as you wish during the month.
  • In earlier years, we tended to have Dedicated Doodler prizes for those who completed all Doodles during the month. As this is a lesser achievement with only two doodles a week, we will have to see how entries go this year to decide whether or not to do this. We'll do something for Dedicated Doodlers, but it may be something a little different e.g. a prize draw between Dedicated Doodlers rather than a prize for each? We'll see how many of you there are!
  • You must include your pirate name and ocean at the top of each entry post. Make sure you use the pirate and ocean for which you would want to receive a prize.
  • We will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. As the contests are short, don't get too hung up on the minutiae of rules. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.
  • If we say "draw", we generally mean the creation of a 2D picture, whether that's done by hand or by computer. Where more physical media are allowed, we will remember to say so.
  • If we say "original" or "must be your own work", we mean that you must create something from scratch, without the use of game art or other resources.
  • Plagiarism: this is the use of someone else's work, claiming it as your own, and applies to all contest types. Don't do it!
  • The entry threads are going to be busy enough without chat. Keep the entry thread just for entries please!
  • The general rules on avoiding tasteless or offensive material apply at all times on this forum but we are mentioning them again here just in case.
  • Judging may be delayed until the end of the month, but we will try our best to judge as soon as possible. Winners and prizes will be posted in the second post of this thread once judging is complete, as well as a more detailed results post at the end of each Doodle's entry thread.
  • Clotho, Hera and Nemesis will be doing most of the judging, bringing in others as and when we need them. There will be a variety of events, though, and we are not going to get into discussions on the judging on any individual event.
  • We will try to deliver prizes as they are announced, but we may not always be as speedy as we would like! Please be patient with us!
  • Don't get hung up on the prizes and the winners. Lots of people participate, and only a few win prizes. Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your quick-fire skills with your fellow players or to try your hand and something different.

If you're interested in how the Doodles work, take a look at one of the previous year's editions, linked from this page. Remember this is a new format, giving you extra time to enter.

----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 5, 2019 2:41:30 PM]
  • [Dec 4, 2019 5:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Re: Draft December (not) Daily Doodles, 2019! Reply to this Post

First Doodle: FabYULEus Stockings! Deadline 11:00am 12 December
    Second Doodle: Papier-mâché Pets! Deadline 11:00am 17 December

Third Doodle : Diorama Drama! Deadline 10:00pm 26 Dec
    Fourth Doodle : It's a Comical Life! Deadline 10:00pm 28 Dec
    Fifth Doodle : Toys for Pets! Deadline 11:00 am 31 Dec
    Last Doodle : Sing me a song! Deadline 11:00 am 2 Jan
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 8 times, last edit by Clotho at Dec 16, 2019 9:48:00 PM]
    [Dec 4, 2019 6:00:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Re: Event: December (not) Daily Doodles, 2019 edition! Reply to this Post

DOODLES!!!
    Time to start having fun!!!
    Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
    [Dec 6, 2019 4:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Aww, the pets are aces. Nice work!

Y'know, I will probably always be wistful about the DAILY Doodles, because the creativity such a frantic rush brought out in people was AMAZING. (One year, someone made everything from supplies at their hospital!) I have to admit, though, it's good to know ahead of time that I will need to procure marshmallows. That's something I don't usually eat. They're too close to cannibalism. :D
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 17, 2019 3:11:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Nemesis
    OceanMaster

Aww, the pets are aces. Nice work!

Y'know, I will probably always be wistful about the DAILY Doodles, because the creativity such a frantic rush brought out in people was AMAZING. (One year, someone made everything from supplies at their hospital!) I have to admit, though, it's good to know ahead of time that I will need to procure marshmallows. That's something I don't usually eat. They're too close to cannibalism. :D

We LOOOOOVE the daily doodles too, but we're trying something new and hope to draw in some more folks to participate so we can go bigger and better in the future! Let's see how it goes. There's always next year!
    Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
    Later...
    Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
    ----------------------------
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 17, 2019 4:42:02 PM]
    [Dec 17, 2019 4:41:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Heck, still having Doodles AT ALL is wonderful. I'm just waxing nostalgic.
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 17, 2019 6:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

I just love sitting and scrolling through all the wonderful artwork.
    Man, how I wish I was an OM so I could help judge these things!

[Dec 19, 2019 2:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Whee, I did the doodles early. I'm an old sea dog, but I wasn't really complaining about new tricks. :D
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 24, 2019 9:01:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Whee, I did the doodles early. I'm an old sea dog, but I wasn't really complaining about new tricks. :D

Lol, ye beat me to it Hero! :)
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
    [Dec 24, 2019 9:47:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Ha, but you sang a lot longer than we did!
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 24, 2019 10:04:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Wow, Phaerie. You beat those evil marshmallows into submission!
    And all the heart emojis for Squiddy.
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 27, 2019 5:39:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Whoops Cattrin was on vacation and forgot to check for doodles after mid-December.

That just means I can binge-look at everyone's entries. :D
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 30, 2019 6:28:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Whoops Cattrin was on vacation and forgot to check for doodles after mid-December.

That just means I can binge-look at everyone's entries. :D

Hope you had a nice Holiday! :)

[Dec 31, 2019 2:37:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Hope you had a nice Holiday! :)

Thank you! It was a very nice time on a warm island with lots of cute critters (this one's shell was over a foot long!).

I was able to squeeze in an entry for the pet toy doodle. Everything in my kitchen is sticky now.

I looked through the past doodles and think my favorites are Faeree's festive pet rock, Bisca's Nemesis stocking, and Phaeirie's colorful diorama!
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 31, 2019 7:51:41 AM]
    [Dec 31, 2019 7:51:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Yay, you joined! There's also still time to (shhhhhh) sing!
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 31, 2019 8:07:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Not the singing! anything but the singing!
    Cattrin of Cerulean

[Dec 31, 2019 8:23:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

wb Catttrin, lucky you having a holiday. I missed the pet toys but for the first time will try the singing one. If i can do it you can do it, but unfortunately we can't duet (or maybe that's fortunate for everyone's ears!!)
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Dec 31, 2019 10:43:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

I wish i could have done all the doodles this year but unfortunately we were moving house and my network connection only got set today. Was fun to do the doodles, thank you ^_^. Happy New Year to you all.
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 1, 2020 10:48:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

My utter and hearfelt and absolutely sincere apologies for the caterwauling in the singing doodle. I sang once for my GU hearties and they've still not recovered from it.
    [Jan 2, 2020 8:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Well, I think it was a lovely rendition!

I won't be gracing all of you with my singing this year, unfortunately. I know, you were all looking forward to it. ;)
    Cattrin of Cerulean

[Jan 2, 2020 9:22:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

My utter and hearfelt and absolutely sincere apologies for the caterwauling in the singing doodle. I sang once for my GU hearties and they've still not recovered from it.

It sounds great!
    Sincerely, everyone who sings is such a good sport. This is always my favorite doodle, even though I couldn't carry a tune at sword point.
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Jan 2, 2020 9:35:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Congratulations and well done to everyone who participated and thank you OM's for the fun doodles.
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 10, 2020 6:09:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Thank you, Hera, Nemesis, and Clotho! This was another ridiculously fun year. :D
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Jan 20, 2020 6:02:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

Thanks to the OM's for giving of their time to facilitate the Doodles. The art comps on the forums are a big part of my PP life. I always enjoy the creativity of my fellow pirates, the way one thing can be interpreted in so many different ways. I treasure any of the prizes I'm lucky enough to win, and hope we get many more opportunities to come. <3
    [Jan 21, 2020 12:41:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

Thank you all who participated! Doodles are the best!
    [Jan 28, 2020 8:15:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

It has been one of those days... weeks... months, and I just found my doodle dolls and other goodies. Thank you extremely much!
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Feb 23, 2020 8:12:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates