• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7758 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Lardcow

Experience Bar/Indicator Thread

I don't know if there is a reason behind it, but I don't seem to understand why there isn't an experience bar/indicator for each of the skills? Or I guess more in general how to track how much time left you have to reach a new level. I think this would be a quality of life change that could benefit everyone, but again if there's a reason behind keeping this vague please let me know!

lardcow
[Jun 22, 2019 4:06:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Experience Bar/Indicator Thread

I don't know if there is a reason behind it, but

The original game designer, Cleaver, was: "almost religiously against the explicit use of scoring numbers in online games -- I think it's usually completely unnecessary"

Basically, Cleaver wanted you to have fun playing the game, not grinding out numbers.

See: yppedia article: Info (Idea Links)
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jun 22, 2019 6:39:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates