• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2630 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Piratey pumpkin time again!

Deadline
11:59:59 game time October 31st, 2018

Entry thread
ENTRY THREAD HERE

Prizes
1st prize: choice between orange/black parrot, orange octopus or orange monkey
2nd prize: choice of standard sleeping pet (pig, piglet, tortoise or turtle - no chocolate coloured sleeping pets).
3rd prize: an (adjective) Pumpkinseed sloop painted orange and black
Honorable mentions will receive other prizes such as orange or black trinkets, clothes or furniture. Other prizes may be added depending on participation.

In addition to the main judging, it has become traditional for OMs to take a look through the thread and award eggs or dolls to entries that particularly please them!

What do you have to do?
* Obtain a real pumpkin. If pumpkins are not available where you live, you can try any type of gourd, squash, etc.
* Create a Puzzle Pirates design for your pumpkin.
* Carve the design onto your pumpkin.
* Create a card (or slip of paper) that includes your pirate name, ocean and the year (2018).
* Take at least two "creation" pictures while you are carving your pumpkin, to prove it's your own work. Include a card with your pirate's name, ocean and the year in EACH photo (no photoshopping).
* Take at least one lit and one unlit photo of your pumpkin, again including your pirate's name and ocean on a card to show it's your own handiwork.
* Host your images on Imgur . You don't need to make an account--just upload them
* Submit your entry with a minimum of four photos per entry (two creation, one lit, and one unlit) in the entry thread in the Mariner's Muse along with your pirate's name and ocean.
* Double check your entry to make sure you have four working links to each entry, and that it follows the template below.

Entry Template:
Pirate Name:
Ocean:
Creation Link:
Creation Link:
Unlit Link:
Lit Link:

Judging Criteria
Judging will be based upon the creativity and cleverness of design, the quality and detail of carving, and the overall effect of the lit pumpkin. Remember, the LIT pumpkin is the photo being used for judging. Take care with regard to shadows, flash, focus, and detail.

Other rules
* Only one entry per player
* Only one pumpkin per carving
* Carvings must be original and your own, and may not designs submitted to other contests
* You will not get any credit for decorating or dressing your pumpkin in ways other than carving - and if it detracts from the carving itself, then you could even lose marks.
*Feel free to use or modify commercial patterns, but you are unlikely to score highly on creativity if you do so!

No doubt I have missed out information, so if you're unsure on anything, please ask here, and I'll do my best to respond.

Don't delay, start carving right away!

Edit: jumped into the tardis and made an edit...
Edit: Due to the forum issues we experienced a few days ago, the deadline has been extended to October 31 11:59 PM Game Time

----------------------------------------
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Clotho at Nov 5, 2018 10:31:56 PM]
[Oct 3, 2018 4:17:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 29th, 2018] Reply to this Post

OH! i've never tried one of these :D i have no pumpkins here but i'll see what i can get in the market!

(Lovely to see you again clotho!)
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Oct 3, 2018 7:28:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 29th, 2018] Reply to this Post

Create a card (or slip of paper) that includes your pirate name, ocean and the year (2014).

2014?
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Oct 3, 2018 7:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Create a card (or slip of paper) that includes your pirate name, ocean and the year (2014).

2014?

Shh! It's part of Clotho's new anti-aging method.
~Princessmg~
[Oct 3, 2018 8:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

2014?
:D
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Oct 3, 2018 8:58:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

2014?

Didnt you know? YPP is stuck in a time loop from 2014.
It keeps us all safe :D
(Im sorry, my geeky self wanted to leave a subtle Miss Peregrine's reference ;-;)
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Oct 3, 2018 9:15:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

It's a side effect of the Tardis, mates!
[Oct 4, 2018 9:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

So that's why pumpkins always seem bigger on the inside!

I scoop and scoop and there's somehow still more goo.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Oct 6, 2018 7:38:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

ohh this is gonna be fun :)
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Oct 9, 2018 6:13:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

I love how in the entries the signs people put up with their pictures go from clean to almost-unreadable dirty xD
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
[Oct 24, 2018 11:31:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

I love how in the entries the signs people put up with their pictures go from clean to almost-unreadable dirty xD

The staining properties of pumpkin juice should give us all renewed sympathy for house elves.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Oct 27, 2018 8:18:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Replying to a question I received via DM:

Can I use a colored lightbulb to light up the inside of my pumpkin?

This is not specifically forbidden in the rules. However, you will not get any credit for fancy light colors - and if it detracts from the carving itself, then you could even lose marks.
[Oct 28, 2018 4:14:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] Reply to this Post

** NEWSFLASH! **

Due to the forum issues we experienced a few days ago, the deadline has been extended to October 31 11:59 PM Game Time
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Oct 28, 2018 4:18:40 PM]
[Oct 28, 2018 4:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] Reply to this Post

** NEWSFLASH! **

Due to the forum issues we experienced a few days ago, the deadline has been extended to October 31 11:59 PM Game Time

And I rushed mines due to... well you know ha. I might try a redo quickly ha
[Oct 29, 2018 12:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

And I rushed mines due to... well you know ha. I might try a redo quickly ha

Oh noes! Sorry about that. On the bright side, you'll have two awesome pumpkins :)
[Oct 29, 2018 2:35:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

Edit: Nevermind my question is answered in the rules, I'm terrible at reading.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sovereignty at Oct 29, 2018 9:55:43 PM]
[Oct 29, 2018 9:39:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jinxie2

Love all the entries. Looks like there is stiff competition!
Stargazy on Obsidian
[Oct 30, 2018 7:08:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] [In Judging] Reply to this Post

Awesome entries, mates! The time for nail biting, hair pulling and extra coffee has started! (translation: contest is now in judging)
[Nov 1, 2018 1:40:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] [In Judging] Reply to this Post

- People's Choice! -
There will be a people's choice awards this year for the pumpkins!
This will be set up once the competition has been judged.

Stay tuned!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taskbeta at Nov 2, 2018 6:52:59 AM]
[Nov 2, 2018 6:52:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Thank you to all who entered this contest; judging was VERY HARD! All the entries deserve a huge round of applause for creativity and craftsmanship. I hope you had fun carving them pumpkins!

Congratulations winners!

1st prize: Solitude of Obsidian - choice between (orange black Parrot), (orange Octopus) or (orange Monkey), plus a (Clotho Doll) and Shiny Sun Points!
2nd prize: Velternal of Obsidian - choice of (pig), (piglet), (tortoise) or (turtle), plus a (Clotho Egg) and Shiny Sun Points!
3rd prize: Stargazy of Obsidian - a Sugared Pumpkinseed sloop painted orange/black and Shiny Sun Points!

Honorable Mentions: Sovereignty of Obsidian, Faeree of Obsidian , Alpha of Obsidian, Stephs of Emerald and Herowena of Cerulean. Each one will receive a (Jack-o'-lantern) and Shiny Sun Points!

Everyone else who participated will receive Shiny Sun Point!

P.S. 1st and 2nd place, please post in this thread OR send me a petition with the subject "FAO Clotho" with your choice of prize. The rest of the prizes will be delivered before EOD tomorrow.
[Nov 5, 2018 10:31:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jinxie2

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest 2018! [Deadline October 31st, 2018] [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Congratulations to everyone who participated. There were so many great entries, I don't know if I'd been able to pick a favorite! Thanks for setting this up, I had a lot of fun carving my pumpkin.
Stargazy on Obsidian
[Nov 6, 2018 4:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Congratulations Solitude! As well as the other winners and mentions. :)
I love this event and I loved the turnout this year - there were so many awesome entries!

Thank you for hosting, Clotho! Sent you a petition in-game. :)
Velternal, new to Obsidian!
[Nov 6, 2018 6:08:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Murcatto

Can't really believe it, thank you so much.

I had nothing but envy when I looked towards the other entries, admiration to of course some beautiful carvings.

Hopefully my winning sees him lay off you Clotho, but I think he's still gonna get Hera :(

Sent petition in game, thank you so much again!
Solitude
Captain of Tick Tock
Stand & Deliver

Even winning means nothing. We win because it?s an insult to lose.
[Nov 6, 2018 6:36:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thanks, Clotho! I love pumpkin time.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Nov 6, 2018 7:42:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

People's Choice Awards is UP!
Choose your favorite pumpkins and help them receive ultimate bragging rights :D

[Take a look here!!!]

[Nov 6, 2018 8:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

People's Choice Awards is UP!
Choose your favorite pumpkins and help them receive ultimate bragging rights :D

[Take a look here!!!]

I love this!
[Nov 6, 2018 2:33:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

All prizes have been delivered! Thank you again for participating, loved the entries this year. And now, off to vote for People's Choice :)

@Stargazy You'll need to trade the ship to an alt and back to update property. If you have any trouble with that, please send us a petition and we can help.
[Nov 6, 2018 9:52:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

congrats everyone, had fun first time ever carving so will be looking forward to next year
[Nov 7, 2018 1:33:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

This year, my choice is Shuckle of Obsidian ; the creepy Admiral Finius is the stuff of terror and it will be a long time before I'll be able to sleep soundly again. Well done, Shuckle! I'll be placing a Hera Doll trinket in yer inventory soon!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Nov 7, 2018 4:35:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Don't forget to vote for YOUR favorite carved pumpkin!

CLICK HERE!!!

[Nov 12, 2018 4:05:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates