• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1858 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Spooksz

Revert Release 2018-02-28 Reply to this Post

Hi all,

Since the PvP changes in 2018-02-28, PvP has been ruined:
- Owl Farming still exists
- Faction sinks are occurring

A consequence of this patch was that legitimate PvP's basically no longer yield trinkets at all, and there is no reward (except in the 1/100 chance the enemy ship has a bounty).

This has decentivised legitimate PvP.

I propose:
- 2018-02-28 patch reverted insofar as the bounty requirement is removed for either ships to obtain trinkets
- the Cooldown Timer remains.

The rationale:
- The ocean has enough owls where farming should be no more of an issue than it is now
- PvP's are incentivised again (there's no reward as enemies trash stock, and you get nothing from a sink other than someone on the other end angry at life)

Thoughts?
----------------------------------------
Captain of Job Here
Royal of Clap Back
[Sep 2, 2018 7:16:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenithar

Re: Revert Release 2018-02-28 Reply to this Post

This made me think a bit.

I split another possible course of action off of this one to a separate thread, so as to not clog any discussion about the merits/demerits of update reversion.

https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=208445&offset=0#2722088
[Sep 2, 2018 12:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I split another possible course of action off of this one to a separate thread, so as to not clog any discussion about the merits/demerits of update reversion.

https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=208445&offset=0#2722088

Whats the point if the rewards are trash and everywhere its destroyed for ever now its only really done to hurt some one or hit and enemy. There are now more owls which would and could have been great then Kraklings.

Same is now happening with the Lobsters and the greedy bashing. May as well just make a nice kade simulator with some stuff we can customize and the game will be better.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 2, 2018 4:10:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spooksz

Whats the point if the rewards are trash and everywhere its destroyed for ever now its only really done to hurt some one or hit and enemy. There are now more owls which would and could have been great then Kraklings.

Same is now happening with the Lobsters and the greedy bashing. May as well just make a nice kade simulator with some stuff we can customize and the game will be better.

Hi Jake,

I completely agree that both Owls and Lobsters have been killed in value, and changes should have been made to resolve these. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if GH has a developer right now, other than Forculus doing stuff on the side whenever he has a free moment from his "real" job.

Absent wiping all of these familiars, I can't really see a fix however.

Given owls can basically only be obtained now with illegitimate farming and exploitation, I would like a fix to at least make legitimate sinks yield some benefit as well.

As for lobsters, I agree that greedies should be fixed to spawn based on the number of yellow named people aboard a ship - but that's a separate conversation.

Cheers,
Captain of Job Here
Royal of Clap Back
[Sep 2, 2018 4:51:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates