• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 63
Posts: 63   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19561 times and has 62 replies Next Thread
xelto

trade channel Reply to this Post

Can I suggest putting the ability to mute the trade channel in the options? I immediately went to put in the mute command, realized I forgot it in the 20 seconds from forum to computer, and decided to do it the other way.

Many, if not most pirates never hop on the forums, and I suspect there will be a number of them that want an easy-to-find way to shut up the trade channel.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 4, 2017 7:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Re: trade channel Reply to this Post

./help

Edit: Although, an extra button on the bar at the bottom would be pretty nice for people who don't want to use an alt to use the chat (Also with obsidian coming there might be demand for this in the future)
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Apr 4, 2017 8:15:20 AM]
[Apr 4, 2017 7:47:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

On the subject though, Did trade chat have to be the same colour as hearties logging in and out? another colour might be nicer?

Also whats the policy on alts abusing it to beat the timer.. Is it planned to fix that?

Also not sure this is necessary:

Ye cannot talk on trade chat while ye have it muted.

All forms of chat now read xxx tells ye, "....." when full screen text chat history is toggled on. (Last button on the bar). They're also saved this way in chat logs at the moment.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Apr 4, 2017 8:18:21 AM]
[Apr 4, 2017 7:51:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

./help

Again, there are enough people who don't know how to find even /help (either they're new, or never needed it), that something else is needed.

Edit: Although, an extra button on the bar at the bottom would be pretty nice

I like this idea even better. +1
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 4, 2017 8:27:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

i cant decide what the worse idea: the trade chat or the fact that its on by default
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Apr 4, 2017 8:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

i cant decide what the worse idea: the trade chat or the fact that its on by default

yeh i just mentioned this to someone too, it should be off by default
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Apr 4, 2017 8:38:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

Purple's not a chat colour, is it? I'd rather have that than the painfully bright yellow. Maybe that's just me, though.
Gone
[Apr 4, 2017 9:02:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Purple's not a chat colour, is it? I'd rather have that than the painfully bright yellow. Maybe that's just me, though.

Yup, when you receive a tell its purple. I've heard pink sugggested, as long as its not too close to the current red
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Apr 4, 2017 9:29:56 AM]
[Apr 4, 2017 9:04:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

its a color apocalypse we cant find new colors all thats left is to cannibalise the living ones
[Apr 4, 2017 9:23:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Patrys wrote: 

TRADE CHAT

Could there be a broadcast charge of at least 1000poe or 1 doubloon to use it. It is just crazy right now. I know it can be muted but sometimes one does want to let the ocean know what you are looking for or selling so using it is good but putting a price on it will lessen the spam

x-post to keep everything together
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Apr 4, 2017 10:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

Just hopped into the forums to write some helpful words to support the /tmute default=off discussion.

From the perspective of Player Welcoming for new & returning players, the secondhand economy can occassionally be a confusing & challenging universe on their first day back to the seas. We meet a lot of people who come back to play a puzzle or two who aren't yet proficient in the command universe on their first day back, so finding a option to turn things on or off can occassionally be a little overwhelming. From my little corner of the player welcoming universe, i agree with the idea that having /trade channel default to off might be the best approach. The notice board full of voyages, missions, & puzzles really provide such a wonderful first-day showcase of this game, & the exciting universe of our new /trade channel will be a exciting place for players to discover when they begin getting ready to jump into the second-hand player economy.

Excited for the new futures ahead!

Best of luck to you all on your adventures out there pirates,
Ghostbeards
Ghostbeards of Emerald
Senior Officer of The Royal United Navy
[Apr 4, 2017 10:56:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

new comment:

stuff from the /trade channel shows up in the chat logs like it is from a /tell. That is, on the screen it says "foo trade chats", but in the chat log, it shows up as "foo tells ye"

I also agree with others that it should be in a different color, the default should be off and better info needs to be given about how to toggle it off and on.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Apr 4, 2017 11:46:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

wrs1864b wrote: 
new comment:

stuff from the /trade channel shows up in the chat logs like it is from a /tell. That is, on the screen it says "foo trade chats", but in the chat log, it shows up as "foo tells ye"

I also agree with others that it should be in a different color, the default should be off and better info needs to be given about how to toggle it off and on.

Sounds like a serious bug. Report it.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Apr 4, 2017 12:29:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

If we could rename it, 'global chat' that would be great. It would stop all these debates over what is/isn't appropriate for the chat.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Apr 4, 2017 1:00:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Personally I find it annoying that when you leave the inn, you still see the Trade Chat. Part of the purpose of going to the inn was to trade. Why is it even necessary to be seeing trade chat when you are not at the inn, and not in a position to do a trade? If you are on a ship pillaging, you are not likely to hop off to rush back to the inn (or wherever) to find the person to trade. Even if you send the person a tell, they are not necessarily going to wait till you are available.
While I realise I can mute the trade chat, I then have to remember to unmute it when I am at the inn...again this seems to be an unnecessary step.
Also I find the yellow kind of glary and harder to read than the white.
I don't mind the idea of "Global Chat" but this should somehow be restricted to important (and rare) announcements, but how to decide what is "important" is another question altogether.....
Zapa of Emerald
[Apr 4, 2017 3:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Clotho trade chats*, "Trade chat is to be used for trade only! If you make me start suspending I will be very cranky indeed"
Clotho broadcasts, "Trade is NOT to announce pillages, monster runs, frays, stores or discount or chats. It is ONLY for buy and sell offers. Thank you!"

Seriously more chat rules when greeter chat rules aren't even followed or managed?!?!

*edited the tells ye bug out when copying from chat logs
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Apr 4, 2017 3:53:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Please remove the TRADE CHAT channel and open a new page "TRADING" on the NB for special trade notices.
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Apr 4, 2017 8:17:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

So there is a trade chat now, but it is not allowed for shoppe keepers to use it? That seems rude.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Apr 4, 2017 9:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

So there is a trade chat now, but it is not allowed for shoppe keepers to use it? That seems rude.

because its not meant for you, its meant for people trading 100k+ items like fams, le ships and pets

and that means its not useful for 80% of the ocean. trade chat is just a poor excuse to not implement an auction house
[Apr 4, 2017 11:55:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Please remove the TRADE CHAT channel and open a new page "TRADING" on the NB for special trade notices.

^ This.
I still want to see what is for sale, and to advertise, but without my whole screen being filled with bright yellow chat.

because its not meant for you, its meant for people trading 100k+ items like fams, le ships and pets

It is meant for anyone buying or selling, even a small 100 poe trinket.
Zapa of Emerald
[Apr 5, 2017 12:50:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silverdream

I dont have any problems with the trade channel. My trick is that i log off with a muted trade channel. If i log on AND go in the Admiral inn i make /tm (trade channel is unmuted) and if i leave the Admiral inn i make /tm again (trade channel is muted). So i see the trade channel only in the Admiral inn. Trade spam is for me part of the inn and nothing else, so all good.

Maybe that helps other ppl in the game :-).
Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt - Monarch of Kraken Down (Emerald)

Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt (Obsidian)

Platia - Senior Officer of Lords of Darkness - Monarch of Dark Shadows (Opal)

------

Platia on all other oceans!
[Apr 5, 2017 4:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

and that means its not useful for 80% of the ocean. trade chat is just a poor excuse to not implement an auction house

Shipyards manufacture LE ships, among other types of product. Why can't the proprietor of this establishment advertise for his goods? Not even "Help wanted" for employees with a labor badge?

It seems that when I think of a "trade channel" I envision something that covers just about anything that could legally appear in one of the Bazaar forums. I mean, if you don't want to see it, just mute it, right?

I think that if OMs attempt to regulate this too much, all it will generate is a bunch of "trade police" mentality as is on /greeter. Unlike /greeter, the culture is not there to self-police. Inn chat has traditionally been quite lasseiz-faire - you are not going to put the toothpaste back into the tube in this matter. The culture is already well-established here.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Apr 5, 2017 6:56:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

i wonder if it is okay to use the chat for things other than trades if you add on the end that youre selling a tan banana or something
[Apr 5, 2017 7:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiigrikutsu

Love the fact that it's oceanwide so you don't have to inn sit to trade anymore but pleaaase change the colour to something that doesn't hurt to read. Also, anyone that hasn't read patch notes doesn't know /tm, so it might be a good idea to notify players when they log on or something. At least while it's still brand new.

Edit: Maybe a darker blue? Different from the /tell blue. Pink would also work as long as it's not very bright (most other chat colours are fairly muted).

Fastgirl Purrinator on Emerald
Purr on Obsidian

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Tiigrikutsu at Apr 5, 2017 9:14:48 AM]
[Apr 5, 2017 8:30:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benwick

I have avoided the busier inns for years so as to avoid this kind of chatter. I understand it's convenient for those who want to trade, but I agree that the default should be to have it muted.
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat
[Apr 5, 2017 1:04:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Love the fact that it's oceanwide so you don't have to inn sit to trade anymore but pleaaase change the colour to something that doesn't hurt to read. Also, anyone that hasn't read patch notes doesn't know /tm, so it might be a good idea to notify players when they log on or something. At least while it's still brand new.

Edit: Maybe a darker blue? Different from the /tell blue. Pink would also work as long as it's not very bright (most other chat colours are fairly muted).

I guess it affects less people, but the new colour is too similar to greeter chat!
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Apr 6, 2017 3:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

How about orange (not a bright one) ?
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alstroemeria at Apr 6, 2017 4:03:00 PM]
[Apr 6, 2017 3:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jimmyjones38

The trade chat and greeter chat are almost too similar now. I think it should be more of a purple color.
Jimmyjones of all oceans
Senior Officer of Silver Dragons
Prince of Dragon Lords
Fleet Officer of Midnight Aurora
Member of Lion's Bane
[Apr 6, 2017 4:06:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

The trade chat and greeter chat are almost too similar now. I think it should be more of a purple color.

Maybe pick an actual colour using a tool like this
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Apr 6, 2017 4:19:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

Before:

After:

Compare that with the "logging off" color. Adjustments can be done ( I think mine is too bright).

PS:

It seems like we got a new color. I really like that one. Doesn't burn the eyes.

Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Alstroemeria at Apr 6, 2017 4:44:37 PM]
[Apr 6, 2017 4:42:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 63   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates