• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8914 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

December (not-daily) Doodle: X-marks-the-spot Mosaic! (deadline 11.00am 31 December) Winner announced!! Reply to this Post

X-marks-the-spot Mosaic!

Last Doodle, Ahoy!!

We will be running this one till the end of the month rather than ending on Thursday. This means you have the time to be extra creative, right? RIGHT?!

Your doodle task is as follows! Using all the Xmas non-edible left-overs you can find (wrapping paper, tissue paper, napkins, cards, ribbons, chocolate wrappings (wee, perfect excuse to eat some MORE!) - anything that is flat and can be cut down to small pieces and glued to create a mosaic), create a treasure map showing where you have buried yer holiday loot!

Please include the following in your post:
  • Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors.
  • Link to a photo of the materials with ID card
  • Link to an in-progress picture with ID card
  • Post an image of the finished picture using image tags, as shown here. Please keep it to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels.

Other rules/information
  • Only one entry per player
  • Contest will finish at 11.00am 31st December
  • All photos must have a card/paper in them with your pirate name written on it.
  • Upload the images to a hosting site such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline.
  • Please read the rules post before posting.
  • Have fun creating!
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 4 times, last edit by Hera at Jan 1, 2017 4:35:55 PM]
  • [Dec 22, 2016 3:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

Re: December (not-daily) Doodle: X-marks-the-spot Mosaic! (deadline 11.00am 31 December) Reply to this Post

Because I have been/will be travelling, mine is rather make-do. I had just a little time between scrambling for my passport and packing!

Wayfarer of Meridian, Navy

Between the tombstone and the lone palm on the atoll due north of here, you'll find treasure beyond compare.

Materials:
    http://m.imgur.com/xOxikeY
    In-progress (+ one more material, oops):
    http://m.imgur.com/DwspSR6

It's been a real pleasure doodling with you all! The real treasure has been the friends I've made along the way ;)
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Dec 30, 2016 6:17:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Re: December (not-daily) Doodle: X-marks-the-spot Mosaic! (deadline 11.00am 31 December) Reply to this Post

Greyladyy of Cerulean
    Favorite color: maroon

Okay, so I took a kind of squirrelly approach to this doodle. The idea is that this pirate LOVES his Christmas goodies sooo much that he "buried" ALL of his treasures - the edible kind anyway .... in his stomach!! The "X" on his pants marks the SWEET spot. :)

Materials, Progress 1, Progress 2, Progress 3
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
    [Dec 30, 2016 6:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
    Red

I don't think "Professional Mosaic Treasure Map Maker" is my destiny, but let's all pretend to see palm trees, and a paced-off path to the golden "X", shall we?

Materials
    Progress
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 30, 2016 7:22:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha of Emerald
    Light Blue

My treasure map ... really been a glue-y-y-y-y expedition ^_^ !!!

Materials used
    In Progress 1 , 2 , 3

link to the album
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by patrys12 at Dec 31, 2016 1:43:18 AM]
    [Dec 31, 2016 1:36:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    kidx3llz

Kidxell of Emerald
    Color : Maroon

Here are my Treasure Map. I'm not good in create this Mosaic Treasure Map, but i'm try with my best to show u. Happy New Year!

Material : Click Here

Process :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kidxell of Emerald.
    [Dec 31, 2016 8:43:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

...and TIME! Thank you intrepid doodlers for entering the final doodle of 2016! Winners will be announced...sometime next year? :p
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Dec 31, 2016 11:15:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Awesome entries m'dears and thank you to all of you who powered through Xmas to finish the December (not-daily) Doodles with great style!

The winner, is Alpha of Emerald who wins a blue bauble (ornament trinket), musty map (torn wall map) and one of the shiniest sun points I've ever seen.

Prizes delivered now!
    [Jan 1, 2017 4:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Thank you for the doodles and

one of the shiniest sun points I've ever seen.

Yay for the sparkle!!! Getting closer to my doodling goal. ^_^
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 1, 2017 9:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

Gorgeous job, Alpha! You deserve it. :)

(I was planning to cut my paper into noodle shapes so I could kill two doodles with one stone, but I utterly failed at even starting. Go, me.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Jan 3, 2017 8:12:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates