• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 73
Posts: 73   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14370 times and has 72 replies Next Thread
SiLVeRD

9th BDSwordTourn | Sat. 8/13|2pmPDT 6.3+Million 2 Familiars! Reply to this Post

*Drum rolls* What timmme is it? GAME TIME
/em jumps on a barrel and howls

That?s right the biggest stage is making a bigger and better encore. This is the 9th installment to the franchise of Black Death Tournaments older than Midnight itself and of course we have to top all previous tournaments! This is the 4th Silver Classic [Meaning a giant tournament hosted by myself, Silverdawg] and for the first time be co-hosted with Complicated [former captain and co-founder of Black Death]. This also may set another precedent in YPP history as the only SF event to ever award two familiar prizes! The last BD tournament was held in July of last year, where the infamous Cahrin the cunning rose from 635 swordsmen [a record that nearly doubled the previous tournament high and hasn?t even come close to being broken?.yet ;p] to become Midnight?s SF Champion. Other award winners during the 8th Black Death Tournament include Calais, who co-shared the top dawg trophy with Cahrin for having the best record during the swiss portion of the event, and Tedv, for winning the Pup Trophy with his decisive victory during money qualifier. So how much money was dropped into the 8th BlackDeath Tournament? The last tournament had a godly 4.12 million poe, a number that no single event in YPP can ever claim to have topped. Only only 4 tournaments in YPP history have ever topped the 400k mark and the two highest money tournaments have been hosted by myself[coincidently the 7th and 8th BD tournaments were the tops]!

However I could not have done anything without the support of my friends or the ocean. So I come before you again and in hopes that we can make history again. Maybe you will join Cahrin and the seven other champions in the BD archives, maybe you just want to see how well your sword fighting skills compare to your fellow mates, or maybe you just want to be apart of the festivity. So bring your hearties, friends, crewmates, flagmates, or even your enemies [don?t I always so keep your enemies close ;p?so you can BASH them down into the little pieces of...nm?*Laughs*, but of course I would never support griefin ;p]because it will definitely be worth your time?..for the fun of course ;p Spread the word and tell strangers about the event as ?the more the merrier? is an adage that to me is true. This is a great ice breaker and a good way to meet new people! Most important of all, at least bring yourselves cuz I need you?I really do?*Laughs*

Event: 9th Blackdeath Sword Tournament, 4rd Silver Classic
Date: August 13th, 2005
Start Time:2pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) or located in San Francisco GMT ?7

For ye lazier folks, the great Artemis has provided you means to easily figure out what time this event is for you!

/em bows to Artemis

- Click here for the current time in San Francisco.
- Click here to convert from your time zone to that of San Francisco.

Registration begins at 1 pm pacific and ends at 2pm [the start time]
Ideally, it is best that you come as early as possible because I would assume there would be massive lag from the number of people on the server. So you might not make it if you wait until the last possible second to register. Although I probably will have a 5 min delay to compensate such tardiness. Besides why don?t? you log on early to practice ;p

Location: Turtle Inn "Silver Dog" or the inn that used to be ?On the Boardwalk?
You could enter from any Inn but this is the only place where the real party is happening

Rules: [please PM, post, or send a tell if you have any questions =)]
For some reason, I feel like the grandeur of the tournament atmosphere has been lost. Although tournaments are now much more efficient, I feel we have sacrificed the flare and fun of the tourney environment for such organization. I sincerely loved the build up and social aspect of tourneys, where you stand around and talk and wait for your name to be called; but the mechanization of such events has altered this aspect. This isn?t to scare you, as I won?t do a hand written tournament with 400 ppl ;p. However I think we should have a throw back tournament, and I will attempt mix the two styles together with some new extras. Note there are some key differences in this tournament than the 8th BD one so read on!

Qualifier: Once again you enter the tournament from any inn on MIDNIGHT [don?t send me hate tells if you are stuck on dragon?s nest whining about not knowing where the tournament is *rolls up a newspaper*]. However I do encourage some of you at least to come hang out at or around the Turtle Inn like in the past. Winner of the qualifier will receive the Pup of the Tourney trophy =).

0 entry fee [cuz I love you all?.well most of you ;p I kid I kid]
Single Elimination
Best of Three
Bring your own sword
Seeded by ranking

IF you reach the top 32! [I will get an OM to announce which round it is early on when there is a break in that 30 seconds between rounds 1 and 2, as of course the round which contains the top 32 will be affected by the number of entries] STICK around. I will also send tells to the people who make it so I can get all 32 people. This qualifier tournament is just a way to spread the wealth but the familiars will be won in another separate tournament.

For those that lose early on or just don't qualify for the top 32 contests, don't lose faith as the event still offers an extra parting gift. At the start of the swiss section for the qualifers, there will be two little [little compared to the overall pot but still a large pot regardless] tournaments put out. The great thing is that once you are eliminated you should still stick around to participate in this tournament! Additionally 32 of the great sword fighters in the ocean will be busy playing in the swiss so it opens up some windows for some of you! So stick around! One 250k tournament will be bring your sword B01 and the other will be set to scimitar b03 for those who are visitng and don't have swords yet! The set tournament will also have a 250k pot!

All double octo participants [ppl who make the top 32] will continue to play the qualifier until you lose [or win if you are the champion ;p]. Once you lose, you may head over to the Turtle Palace and practice or socialize while the familiar tournament gets setup. Also note that the location where the qualifiers go, may change. There is a possibility, which will be resolved as quickly as possible, that the next phase of the event will be held on a sacred island.

The top 32 will participate in a swiss style tournament of champions [the old pen and paper ;p except with word and excel *Laughs*]. This tournament is completely independent from the results that happened in the qualifier. All 32 players are guaranteed to play 5 prelim [pre-elimination] rounds. All five of these rounds will be Best of 3, you can use any sword, and disconnects DO NOT count. All rounds will be shouted out, just like the good ol' days. If your opponent disconnects you immediately must send a tell to me and I will keep track of 15 min for your opponent to return. If that player does not return then he/she forfeits that round. Even if you miss one round you will not be kicked out from the tournament. Instead I will just keep giving your opponents a full perfect victory for that round [giving them the win (1-0) and the perfect match score (2-0)] The first two rounds will be random or pre-matched. Rounds three ? five will be power-matched. Power matched means the high seeds will play fellow high seeds, and the low seeds play the low seeds. High and low seeds will be based upon your records in this portion of the tournament. An example is if you go 2-0 in rounds one and two, you will face another 2-0 player in round 3 or 3-1 player in round 5 will face another 3-1 player, etc etc?. Rounds will be power-matched based upon your win record AND your scored points within each round. What this means is that say you have 4 players, where three players are 4-0 and the last player is 3-1. Within each of their rounds they played a b05 right? Therefore the two highest 4-0?s will play each other and the lowest 4-0 player will be pulled down to play the 3-1 player (you could also see this as the 3-1 being pulled up, either way just be aware that such pairings will occur on time to time). For a numerical example say the players are 4-0 (going 8-0 in those rounds), 4-0 (8-1), 4-0 (8-3), and 3-1 (7-3) Basically you play people that are in the same record as yourself. Remember because rounds are powered based on full results, the winner only must send a tell saying the match scores [i.e. silver over dawg 3-2]. The top seed of this swiss section will receive the Dawg of the Tournament Trophy [again this is just a figure of speech that I keep using and will continually use for traditions sake! Please don?t flame me because you expect me to somehow convince Nemo to draw something up and implement new code so you could parade around with your 2 pixel gold trophy ;p I also will not provide you with any real life models, replicas or even photos of such a trophy, at best I can offer you a link to the Lord Stanley?s cup *prays for the sharks* but even then?that?s pushing it especially with the lovely lockout]

I have already hosted a few tournaments with this model quite a few times and found that it was learned quite rapidly, but if you have any questions please ask.

After 5 rounds, the top 8 players [if there is a tie between the middle seeds then they will play an additional sudden death B03 round] will move on to a double Elimination Playoffs. The elite 8 players will be ranked among the 32 based upon the ?difference method.? I have a very clear and useful post in half way down the page here for those interested in the exact definition [http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=8475&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150]

The rest of the field or the lower 24 will play in a single elimination playoffs with spots left at every round for individuals in the elite eight who have lost and will enter the single elimination bracket. This way all 32 people will have a chance at the familiar but scoring into the top 8 will have the greatest advantage because they get two separate shots at one. These playoffs will all be Best of three matches, you can use any sword, and disconnects do not count yet again. The playoffs will be organized like the traditional sports format. The winner between 1st seed will play the 8th seed will play the winner between the 4th and 5th seed the winner between 2nd seed plays the 7th will play the winner between the 3rd and 6th seed. The champion of the elite eight will enter the Blackdeath archives as the 9th BD champion, as well as receive the much earned top choice of Familiar. The winner of the ?lower 24 and the losing individuals of the elite eight? will receive a very special prize

Warning: This event [especially for the people who survive on towards the later stages of the event] will be time intensive. If you recall the last SF familiar tournament that had 4.12 million pot, and a monkey, brought in 630?s+ ppl and took roughly 6 and a half hours [for the ppl who lasted till the very end]. Even though this time around the tournament will be cut shorter with best of three matches instead of best of 5, this event will still take a long time. Based upon my own experiences with running this kind of secondary tournament system, it takes 2+ hours for the money qualifier if you plan on winning it. Then there will be another 2-3 hours for the swiss and finals. So if you plan on being a part of the top 32, or even top 8 expect to be around a good 4-5 hours ;p.

Prizes [keep an eye on this post as the prize pot will increase every week ;p]: The good stuff. Seriously who cares about prizes right? We all know you all are coming out to say hi to me and to have fun =) Alright alright, let?s get down to the nitty gritty ;p. Other than the Familiar [which Artemis has not specified so for now it will your choice ;p] Right now the pot is about one million poe and growing ;p. The specifics of how the prizes will be divided will be based upon the size of the pot (which will only be known at the day b4 the tournament). My last tournament (the 8th BD tournament had a 4.12 million poe pot/familiar. This amount of money was raised right off the heels friends, flags, crews, and generous individuals. My goal?of course is to BREAK that number! The bigger the better! However I cannot accomplish such a goal by myself. All I want is a grand tournament so people can come out, and have something to talk about. Unfortunately the primary bait that people get attracted to the most is poe. So PLEASE DONATE to me, Private Message me or send a tell to Silverdawg.

Note the type of familiar has not been decided. I would prefer that the overall winner gets choice of type of familiar and the second winner would get to choose color of a predetermined familiar! If a second familiar s granted than the winner of the elite eight will obviously get first choice of type of familiar. The winner of the lower 24/losing elite eight will receive the second familiar. Hopefully though after her vacation she will realize that a second one is in order! I will find out when Artemis returns from her vacation and will update you all as I learn the information myself.

***Prize break down***

Pot size is kinda small now but that is only because we just started to organize this. Watch this lil' guy grow! DONATE!

Current Pot Size: 6,333,378

Complicated 150,000
Haruko 120,000
Kurosh 300,000
Monkeyhead 75,000
Overplay 50,000
Japanda 13,625
Bearclaw 35550
Keneth 100,000
Qwail 150,000
Hogus 27,000
Cosette 15,000
Princmichael 34,000
Mcstew 30,000
Piplicus 5,000
Jabez 150,000
Bryd 5000
Peax 15000
Rmarzbarr 20000
Tawnee 50000
Captmonkey 26000
Dorien 5000
Whitewizard 10000
Sheo 15000
Dunny 100000
Obscuria 13890
Xmascracker 5000
Jewz 25000
Yaten 80000
Enliam 30000
Corsairs of Umbar 50,000
Noriega 20002
Gummyworm 50000
Sexilord 6000
Peglegpaul 20000
Blinkoing 20000
Freckles 20000
Dotte 150000
Gunnermooch 10000
Brocktree 10000
Evilgohan 20000
Creux 5000
Casanova 100000
Morgana 10000
Yelwlobeard 5000
Blakecool 13000
Shipforbrain 15000
Blarneybelle 25000
Pinkusfloyd 5000
Tyler 50000
Silvrdog 6000
Bibity 100000
Carpe Noctem 25000
Lizthegray 10000
Fish 40000
Geezon 5000
Frex 20000
Willows 5000
Wildeyedjack 19000
Talonbushadi 40000
Chabs 5000
Hemme 100000
Sloshy 30000
Aiella 5000
Slicer 20000
Ishtar 20000
Hahavivicat 23000
Jaggard 6175
Askully 10000
Kargach 10000
Angel 5000
Andyp 100000
Caesar 100000
Jezabella 10000
Scott 165001
Whoisyou 40000
Uzi 10000
Homullus 10000
Rome 10000
Gothmog 8000
Sharreh 25000
Drabillord 6214
Culliford 10000
Julianne 100000
Newcastcle 100000
Drusilla 10000
Pippy 25000
Jaffee 10000
Weaver 10000
Mlik 10000
Missurly 5000
Moonpig 5000
Dodongo 10000
Jimmyd 10000
Kevmo 20500
Unknownsfer 5000
Skaterdude 5000
Sweetiepiepi 50000
Demonyaj 25000
Tacot 5000
Lordj 12500
Jelly 50000
Spin 300000
Seamus 50000
Pain 10000
Cahrin 20000
Heyarnlad 10000
Chiron 5000
Pr 60000
Priklypete 50000
Jawman 10000
Kbhunter 5000
Silverchris 10000
Raliem 14000
Bladen 23232
Unikhell 10000
Grimes 20000
Andrewcal 10000
Taconizer 5000
Stinkerbelle 5000
Brannagh 7310
Weridbeard 5000
Havelan 50000
Kaykordeath 5000
Maxquest 20000
Rummykins 5000
Alemadar 6000
Raabitias 5000
Annaleese 5000
Xiaohu 15000
Argyle 10000
Elfen 10000
Yankeesfan 5000
Anonymous 50000
Playa 20000
Sissi 450000
Adalaide 10000
Zmasterben 10000
Aralyn 53607
Cioj 10101
Andros and Honeypie 15000
Jamlin 10000
Sanura 5000
Damienroc 15106
Onyx 10000
Rebre 50000
JPC 20000
Mousebeard 20000
Moonme 16666
Meanparrot 500000
Shar 10000
Nortella 5000
I?ll be Seaming for you on Guava 50000
Wlada 30000
Chantress 20000
Dannyjoe 10000
Radders 10000
Dorisu 45000
Rosered 5000
Yorky 5000
Rochelle 100000
Mitos 10000
Cloudcake 5000
Khrone 10000
Greasy 5000
Shadowkat 15000
Sheridyn 10000
Randal 50000
Wyern?s Prdie 25000
Misery 25000
Puffnstuff 10000
Anonymous #2 5000
Yomotsukami 32000
Anonymous #3 10000
Manning 5000
Llawela 20000
Silverdawg 150000

The exact number given to each "place" will be unknown as it will be based upon the number of participants.

However the qualifier will be using the cascade arithmetic distribution system.

Donators: If you feel like you want to contribute to the pot feel free to please by all means hehe;p Come on and donate, I?m sure the masses will greatly appreciate your contributions. Anybody who donates more than 10k will get their name plastered (aka shoutout) by me in this thread [the last tourney a fantastic 92 of you donated thanks again =), hyperlink below].50k+ will get you an opportunity to have a message / ad in forums If you contribute more than [I haven?t yet decided yet hehe I?ll judge it later] you acquire some ad space at the turtle inn [a fatty plug to the hundreds of pirates who come in] All in all just contribute anything you can =)

Of course this is a non-profit tournament, as I will no doubt lose money from my own contributions + I won?t be participating.

Anyway thank you for spending the time to glance over my LONG post. Remember to spread word to your friends, crewmates, and flag mates, as this will be a tournament that will be remembered. Let?s make history together =)

The BD archives: Quick History Lesson on Sfing Tournaments:

Before the luxury of the automated tournaments, the small crew of Blackdeath held mini tournaments done completely by hand. Also note that all the tournaments before the 7th Blackdeath tournament were held before the Gaea Bash I Rudder events, which immensely popularized the whole sword tourney phenomenon. Twenty to thirty people in a sword fighting tournament used to be considered a LOT [meaning a godly amount] of people, let alone my 6th tourney which smashed the tourney records with a massive 50+ ppl!!! [almost double the previous tourney high =)] So I feel that this is an important part of our history and is worth spending time looking at. Also note I did the research for your lazy bums and linked all the tournaments =),

Past Blackdeath tourney winners / runner-ups
1st BD: Relic / Ursela
2nd BD: Woshi / Talonbushadi middle of the page =)
3rd BD: Mssparrow / Jonjon
4th BD: Relic / Garf middle/end of the page
5th BD: JonJon / Kaejer
6th BD: Woshi / Rifkind
7th BD: Kurosh / Talonbushadi
8th BD: Cahrin / Calais / Tedv

EDIT 1: pot update
EDIT 2: pot update
EDIT 3: pot update a little update on the location added "the silver dog"
EDIT 4: pot update. spelling mistakes with names
EDIT 5: pot update, re-arranging the pot
EDIT 6: pot update
EDIT 7: pot update
EDIT 8: pot update, and fixing Cahrin's name ;p
EDIT 9: pot update, fixing section about confirmation of familiars from Artemis, adding additional baby tourny for the people!
EDIT 10: pot update, fixing, double tourny aspect during swiss
EDIT 11: pot update, fixing rules/pay
EDIT 12: pot update
EDIT 13: pot update
EDIT 14: pot update
----------------------------------------
The one & only SD, often imitated but never duplicated

If you gonna shoot for the stars, then just shoot me

If you let me you won't regret me,
Shii, if you let me you won't forget me
[Edit 15 times, last edit by SiLVeRD at Aug 13, 2005 4:23:28 PM]
[Jun 20, 2005 2:53:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Re: 9th BDSwordTourn | Sat. 8/13|2pmPDT 6.3+Million 2 Familiars! Reply to this Post

I was thinking great time... till I saw how long it would last.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jun 20, 2005 3:14:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
peax

Re: 9th BDSwordTourn | Sat. 8/13|2pmPDT 6.3+Million 2 Familiars! Reply to this Post

Woohoo. *does a little dance*
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
(-Keats)
[Jun 20, 2005 3:55:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

I'm *so* coming this time!
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jun 20, 2005 6:25:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ken7852

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
[Jun 20, 2005 11:41:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pezzazz

Silver, baby, you make me cry Calais wasn't 2nd, not close... dont insult the real man. Bootystealer was 2nd... your own flesh n blood... and you dont give him props? [removed]

Juggla.

Dionysus: Spelling it differently doesn't change your meaning.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SimpleD

Good post Silvie;

was thinking great time... till I saw how long it would last.

Well fair call mate, and I think the general agreement was the last BD tournament ran abit to long, (duration was about 6 hours). We've learned and improved from that and this format should be abit shorter. I'd really encourage you to come along this format is much more inclusive and live-wire (ie lots of exciting moments), whereas the last format got abit stale by the end.

Ie; Last time only the top8 swiss players qualified, so someone with 2 early losses had no chance of winning of the familar, they had little incentive to keep playing.

To explain this format (briefly) and its advantages:
    Note. FIrstly we have the Prelim (bo3 automated) -->
    Top 32 then go onto a bo3 Swiss -->
    Top 8 from the swiss play a double elimination tourney -->
    9-32 play a single elimination tournament with lucky losers from the top 8 slotting in. --> [/list:u:cc4e636e28]
    Once you qualify for the top32, it doesn't matter where you come in the swiss you still have a chance at the familar. Also the swiss section is shorter this time round (which I expect will cut down time quite abit).

What really shines about this format is it rewards people who perform well in the swiss, but those who perform poorly, still have a path to winning, though a more difficult one. No one is excluded from the tournament by the swiss stage, however people can increase their chances at winning by doing well, which is a big motivator. It should also avoid a number of the forfeits we saw last time in the swiss.

Just as importantly, I expect the tournament will produce quite afew upsets as competitors can come back and win from very unexpected situations. Determining a winner will be very unpredictable (point we'll go into more detail on later hehe)

At the end of the day though, our aim is for this tournament to be an experience. And I'd encourage everyone to come along and participate, because even if you can't win the atmosphere will be great and just trying to make the top32 will be alot of fun.

We also have afew other suprises, but we'll mention them closer to the date.

- Complicated
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BoMbSqUaD

Hey Comp
== Strauss ==
[Jun 21, 2005 12:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Irelay

Images in a sig make...someone cry, not sure who. Either way, they're not allowed, 'specially animated ones... :-/

Topic? Oh yes, sounds fun. This happens the day I return from me extended vacation. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. :)
Irelay l Otherwhen l Water Sleeps
Mightnight Ocean pirate since August '04
[Jun 21, 2005 12:56:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Everybody loves a 24 hour pot update! So far there have been a lot of generous individuals as we are well on our way to pushing on to break that 4.12 milion mark. So far in the first 24 hours I have collected: approx 449k!

Come on guys we gotta break it. Only two monthes away and we gotta hustle!

Princmichael 14,000
Mcstew 30,000
Piplicus 5,000
Jabez 100,000
Byrd 5000
Peux 15000
Rmarzbarr 20000
Tawnee 25000
Captmonkey 6000
Dorien 5000
Whitewizard 10000
Sheo 15000
Dunny 50000
Obscuria 8890
Xmascracker 5000
Jewz 25000
Yaten 80000
Enliam 30000

Keep the donations rolling and keep your eyes on this thread. POst it talk about it..and spread it out!

[Jun 21, 2005 2:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

BoMbSqUaD wrote: 
Hey Comp

Ow. That thing hurts my brain. Please die.

Oh, yeah...BD Tourney...go...us...
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jun 21, 2005 2:53:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
BoMbSqUaD

Irelay wrote: 
Images in a sig make...someone cry, not sure who. Either way, they're not allowed, 'specially animated ones... :-/

McStew721 wrote: 
Ow. That thing hurts my brain. Please die.

Babies.
== Strauss ==
[Jun 22, 2005 12:03:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

We're pirates; we're not used to flashing images and/or strobe effects.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jun 22, 2005 1:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Everybody please read Complicated's post as it gives a pretty good summary of the system we are using. Here is another pot update as in another 24 hours we have gained another: 411k! However we sitill got a while to go until we can break 4 mil but we have made great strides [more than i predicted over the opening days]

Corsairs of Umbar 50,000
Noriega 10002
Gummyworm 50000
Sexilord 6000
Peglegpaul 20000
Blinkoing 20000
Princemichael 20000
Freckles 20000
Dotte 150000
Gunnermooch 10000
Brocktree 10000
Evilgohan 20000
Creux 5000
Casanova 100000
Morgana 10000

PLease keep the donations coming and keep your eyes on this thread! Also can an OM please sticky this thread?

[Jun 22, 2005 1:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Another daily pot update:
Yelwlobeard 5000
Blakecool 10000
Shipforbrain 15000
Kurosh 300000
Blarneybelle 25000
Pinkusfloyd 5000
Tyler 50000
Silvrdog 6000
Bibity 100000
Carpe Noctem 25000

Since the day this post has been posted [4 days ago] the pot has grown from 600k to 2.4 mil! Keep the donations rolling! If i haven't talked to you yet about the tournament about donating? Then come and scold me!

Can this please be stickied? Also can anybody confirm that my time schedule of pacific time being GMT -7 is correct? It has been recently brought to my attention that it might not be right?

[Jun 23, 2005 2:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
cynestria

SiLVeRD wrote: 
If i haven't talked to you yet about the tournament about donating? Then come and scold me!

Can I scold you for only talking to me once, instead of the harrassment I was promised? ;)
"u devil in m y heart space" -- Minsiem

Also not Erfan
[Jun 23, 2005 4:17:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

PST = GMT-8
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jun 23, 2005 4:48:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Galrion

Rmarsbar wrote: 
PST = GMT-8

It is PDT with Daylight savings, equallying GMT-7:00
[Jun 23, 2005 5:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LostMeAtHello [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Well I just hope everybody just can figure what time the event is *Laughs*.

Pot update for the donations given to me yesterday!
An additional 342k!

Lizthegray 10000
Fish 40000
Geezon 5000
Frex 20000
Willows 5000
Wildeyedjack 19000
Talonbushadi 40000
Chabs 5000
Hemme 100000
Sloshy 30000
Aiella 5000
Slicer 20000
Ishtar 20000
Hahavivicat 23000

[Jun 24, 2005 4:39:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

More updating! Good and bad news =(. The bad news is that I apparently double counted the donation given by Kurosh as there was a mixup of what Complicated and what I had. THerefore Kurosh donated 300k not 600k. Therefore the pot has shrunk by 300k but it has gained an additional 479+k from yesterday's donations!

Jaggard 6175
Askully 10000
Kargach 10000
Blakecool 3000 [add to his original donation]
Angel 5000
Andyp 100000
Caesar 100000
Jezabella 10000
Scott 165001
Whoisyou 40000
Uzi 10000
Homullus 10000
Rome 10000

[Jun 25, 2005 2:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
Captainmel

SimpleD wrote: 
Good post Silvie;

was thinking great time... till I saw how long it would last.

Well fair call mate, and I think the general agreement was the last BD tournament ran abit to long, (duration was about 6 hours). We've learned and improved from that and this format should be abit shorter. I'd really encourage you to come along this format is much more inclusive and live-wire (ie lots of exciting moments), whereas the last format got abit stale by the end.

Ie; Last time only the top8 swiss players qualified, so someone with 2 early losses had no chance of winning of the familar, they had little incentive to keep playing.

To explain this format (briefly) and its advantages:
    Note. FIrstly we have the Prelim (bo3 automated) -->
    Top 32 then go onto a bo3 Swiss -->
    Top 8 from the swiss play a double elimination tourney -->
    9-32 play a single elimination tournament with lucky losers from the top 8 slotting in. --> [/list:u:97338789cf]
    Once you qualify for the top32, it doesn't matter where you come in the swiss you still have a chance at the familar. Also the swiss section is shorter this time round (which I expect will cut down time quite abit).

What really shines about this format is it rewards people who perform well in the swiss, but those who perform poorly, still have a path to winning, though a more difficult one. No one is excluded from the tournament by the swiss stage, however people can increase their chances at winning by doing well, which is a big motivator. It should also avoid a number of the forfeits we saw last time in the swiss.

Just as importantly, I expect the tournament will produce quite afew upsets as competitors can come back and win from very unexpected situations. Determining a winner will be very unpredictable (point we'll go into more detail on later hehe)

At the end of the day though, our aim is for this tournament to be an experience. And I'd encourage everyone to come along and participate, because even if you can't win the atmosphere will be great and just trying to make the top32 will be alot of fun.

We also have afew other suprises, but we'll mention them closer to the date.

- Complicated

Cool =o) Its on my birthday! Lucky me :P *grins* Thanks fer a great present Silverdawg! Ye rock! So does yer inn! Every day I go in there, and gaze at the news......even though its like 10 years old...

ummm.....I'll donate 1k....
Even though I don't even have 1k any more..
"And dont say GP its like wearing a sign around yer neck that says "LOOK AT ME IM A NOOB WHO PLAYS RUNESCAPE TOO MUCH FOR MY OWN GOOD AND IM JUST WAITING TO LOSE A BUNCHA POE IN A SWORDFIGHT"-Jackthedoboy
[Jun 25, 2005 4:13:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.melificent.net [Link]  Go to top 
SimpleD

=) Even if you can't donate, making sure you show up is great.
[Jun 25, 2005 8:04:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
n00bKiLLa

You should put the list of donators in the original post in order of their amounts, and put some separators every three digits, those 100,000+ donations look less cool otherwise.

(plus, free bump ;)
dai n0oBz
[Jun 26, 2005 2:35:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Sorry guys as I have been busy with school and haven't bee around hawking for donations! Here is a minor update to the pot and please keep rolling in the donations!

Gothmog 8000
Sharreh 25000
Drabillord 6214
Culliford 10000
Julianne 100000
Newcastcle 50000

[Jun 29, 2005 10:24:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
MalkierKing

SiLVeRD wrote: 
Most important of all, at least bring yourselves cuz I need you?I really do?*Laughs*

Awwww....Silver needs me?

/me does a little jig

I'm so coming!!! I've grown fond of Bubblicious :P
Avatar shamelessly stolen from xkcd.
[Jun 30, 2005 3:05:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dodongo77

I'm glad I decided to check the Events forum! This is an event I don't wanna miss.
[Jul 2, 2005 1:12:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Bah, no time to spam =( Comp start giving me money now!!! Rest of you keep those donations rolling!

Drusilla 10000
Pippy 25000
Jaffee 10000
Weaver 10000
Mlik 10000
Missurly 5000
Moonpig 5000
Dodongo 10000
Newcastle 25000 add it
Jimmyd 10000

[Jul 6, 2005 7:59:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
fr4nk

Re: 9th BDSwordTourn | Sat. 8/13|2pmPDT 3.2+Million,2 Famili Reply to this Post

SiLVeRD wrote: 
8th BD: Carhin / Calais / Tedv

You mean Cahrin. =P
Misery
[Jul 9, 2005 6:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thecrimsontide.org    kyuuket5u [Link]  Go to top 
SimpleD

Few more donations =).

7500 Lordj
50000 Jelly
300000 Spin
50000 Seamus
10000 Pain
[Jul 10, 2005 6:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiLVeRD

Just as Complicated wrote and a few others! As the pot rolls in another approximately 522k!
Its one month away so keep those plans in check and keep on saving money to donate to the pot!

Kevmo 15000
Unknownsfer 5000
Skaterdude 5000
Sweetiepiepi 50000
Demonyaj 25000
Tacot 5000
7500 Lordj
50000 Jelly
300000 Spin
50000 Seamus
10000 Pain

[Jul 12, 2005 11:27:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Please    No    Stalking me [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 73   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates