• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1420 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
NuestK

Someone explain to me things regarding stalls? Reply to this Post

Hello, I have 2 questions today.

1) How does the maximum labor output thing work? I have a medium stall and it says 17/hour. Does that mean each person produces 17 hours of labor per hour or the entire staff combined produces 17 hours?

2) How does selling premade ships work? Do I pay for the doubloon cost myself and then sell it to others in poor? I don't get the premade thing. Thanks!
----------------------------------------
Nuest on Emerald!
Fair winds to you :)
[Aug 6, 2014 4:30:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Someone explain to me things regarding stalls? Reply to this Post

1) How does the maximum labor output thing work? I have a medium stall and it says 17/hour. Does that mean each person produces 17 hours of labor per hour or the entire staff combined produces 17 hours?

The maximum labor is the combined labor given by all employees per hour. Chances are, you will never hit 17 labor ours per hour, but you might.

2) How does selling premade ships work? Do I pay for the doubloon cost myself and then sell it to others in poor? I don't get the premade thing. Thanks!

Yes, you have to pay the dub cost yourself and then try to resell it for a profit.

I good start to answering similar questions is the yppedia article [url=http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shoppe_management#Manage_Labor]shoppe managament[/url[
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 6, 2014 4:36:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I good start to answering similar questions is the yppedia article shoppe management

Fixed :)

I'd add: you can't sell premade ships through the dockside interface, if that's what you're asking. Yes, you order and then deliver the ships yourself, and then you can sell them to others by trading the deed for poe and/or dubs. Many stall owners will put a list of available premades in their stall's news, and advertise the ships they have for sale through the proper forum threads in their ocean's bazaar, or in the inns.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Aug 6, 2014 7:01:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NuestK

I good start to answering similar questions is the yppedia article shoppe management

Fixed :)

I'd add: you can't sell premade ships through the dockside interface, if that's what you're asking. Yes, you order and then deliver the ships yourself, and then you can sell them to others by trading the deed for poe and/or dubs. Many stall owners will put a list of available premades in their stall's news, and advertise the ships they have for sale through the proper forum threads in their ocean's bazaar, or in the inns.

The maximum labor is the combined labor given by all employees per hour. Chances are, you will never hit 17 labor ours per hour, but you might.

Yes, you have to pay the dub cost yourself and then try to resell it for a profit.

I good start to answering similar questions is the yppedia article [url=http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shoppe_management#Manage_Labor]shoppe managament[/url[

Ah thank you both so much! Now I understand it clearly :)
Nuest on Emerald!
Fair winds to you :)
[Aug 6, 2014 7:15:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Going along with this question:

I've heard that only a certain percentage of labor can be done by "badges". In other words, a certain percentage is "saved" for pirates who walk in and actually do the puzzle. I've also heard this percentage is 75%/25% (25% being the "saved" one). Is this totally bogus?

The only stall/shoppe I have with active labor right now is an upgraded SY shoppe, which can use 68 labor hours per hour, and even with 6 deluxe badges working there, I don't hit that. So it's hard for me to test it.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Aug 6, 2014 1:32:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I've heard that only a certain percentage of labor can be done by "badges". In other words, a certain percentage is "saved" for pirates who walk in and actually do the puzzle. I've also heard this percentage is 75%/25% (25% being the "saved" one). Is this totally bogus?

I'm experiencing that right now now with my SY stall on Dragon's nest. Several years ago, OOO cut down on the amount of labor that they keep open for online puzzers. I'm getting 85-90% with my offline labor., so it isn't as much of a concern. Back when you could only get 70-80%, I ran into it a lot more.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 6, 2014 1:40:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

I highly recommend against pre-making non-limited-editions ships to resell to players. The trading price for ships is much lower than the cost to produce them, on the doubloon oceans at least.

Similarly for Cerulean, I believe.
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Aug 7, 2014 9:51:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates