• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1695 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
alexthebigg

Prices went Sky-high after delivering orders Reply to this Post

Hello,

First of all, thank all of you that will help me here, but im stuck with an issue of my IM (deluxe) stall in Admiral (Emerald Ocean).

I had some nice orders that filled my chest over 40k (only delivering small cannonballs), but after i was done completing all the orders, my prices are way too expensive, my reserve labor is full for basic and skilled labor, ive got 3 employees for my stall, 2 paying 1/2/1 and the 3rd 10/15/20.

Also, im paying 10/15/20 (basic/skilled/expert) for each reserve labor.

My stall when in the "order products" list is priced in 183 poe for 1 unit of small cannonballs (my sell price for dockside is 17 per cannonball), i have no pending orders and i dont know how to drive my prices down.

My iron buying/use cost is: 14/15 respectively.
My wood buying/use cost is: 29/30 respectively.

The question is, im stuck on how to drive my "order product" price below 170 poe x unit of small cannonballs, because high prices is leading me to no orders to my stall, therefore less income

Will this go down periodically or what am i missing....?
[Jul 26, 2014 10:47:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Re: Prices went Sky-high after delivering orders Reply to this Post

The order price will naturally fluctuate since it includes tax values for the recipe's component commodities (tax value wiggles a little each day).

To manually lower your order price, just go to your products tab in the manage prices menu and set a negative value to lower it. So, for example, if you wanted to lower the order price of large cannonballs (lol who buys these anymore) from 700 to 490 you would type in -210 in the price adjustment field for large cannonballs in the products tab.
----------------------------------------
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Jul 26, 2014 12:10:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alexthebigg

But if i do lower prices to minus, will i get any benefit?

Also, does the price go down periodically or what can i do, since im new in this
[Jul 26, 2014 8:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

If you subtract some poe from the order price of your cannonballs, and if you're only tacking on 1 poe extra for the "use cost" of your iron and wood (I don't know what your "use cost" is for your labor) then you're probably losing poe on each order of cannonballs produced.

Admiral Island is a very competitive market, as it is the capital island. Alot of people produce cannonballs are a loss so if you're trying to make your order price of cannonballs the cheapest, then you're operating at a loss. :3

[Jul 27, 2014 1:16:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Admiral Island is a very competitive market, as it is the capital island. Alot of people produce cannonballs are a loss so if you're trying to make your order price of cannonballs the cheapest, then you're operating at a loss. :3

Along these lines: many islands have people selling stuff, especially cannonballs and rum, at a loss. Frequently because they don't bother to look and see if they're actually making money. It's difficult in those situations to turn a profit without a lot of patience, and sometimes it's simply not possible.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 27, 2014 4:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

alexthebigg wrote: 
I had some nice orders that filled my chest over 40k (only delivering small cannonballs), but after i was done completing all the orders, my prices are way too expensive, my reserve labor is full for basic and skilled labor, ive got 3 employees for my stall, 2 paying 1/2/1 and the 3rd 10/15/20.

Also, im paying 10/15/20 (basic/skilled/expert) for each reserve labor.

My stall when in the "order products" list is priced in 183 poe for 1 unit of small cannonballs (my sell price for dockside is 17 per cannonball), i have no pending orders and i dont know how to drive my prices down.

My iron buying/use cost is: 14/15 respectively.
My wood buying/use cost is: 29/30 respectively.

Your numbers are not adding up, something is amiss.

back when I first started shopkeeping, I worked out notes similar to this, but updated with your numbers:
small cannonball base costs:
iron: 5 units @ 15 = 75
wood: 1 unit @ 30 = 30
labor: 3 units @ 10 = 30
-----
tax: 17
-----

Now, you say that your product order screen says 183, not 152. My guess is that your labor costs are different, but it could be that you have a product adjustment.

Once you have figured that out, you need to look at how much profit you need to cover rent. This could easily be 10-20PoE per order of cbs. If you are on an island with a tax rate of 15%, your weekly tax will be 1725. If you manage 48 labor hours per day (about a quarter of the maximum rate that a deluxe stall can do), then you need to make about 15.4PoE profit per order. (E.g. (3/(8*.25))*(1500*1.15)/(7*24) = 15.402)

Next, you need to figure out your labor badge costs. Say that dubs cost 2200 PoE off the exchange. Each labor badge cost 5 dubs and gives 24*30=720 labor hours. So, you need to pay 15.278 PoE per labor hour in order to break even. It is pretty common for some labor hours to be wasted, so you probably need to account for 16PoE per labor hour, just to break even.

Fixing the labor costs to the break even level of 16PoE/hour, leaves you with a price of 170PoE per order.

Personally, I use price adjustments to discourage people from directly ordering cbs from me, so that I can control my order queue. I sell almost exclusively through the dockside market.

I am currently losing over 1PoE per scb that I sell, due to others on the islands driving prices down. I mostly make up for the loss by selling swords, but to sell swords, I need employees, so when I'm not making swords, I make a few cbs to keep them happy.

Wutai wrote: 
The order price will naturally fluctuate since it includes tax values for the recipe's component commodities (tax value wiggles a little each day).

For small cbs, no, the sales tax doesn't change very often. I have records of the sales tax rate on emerald for the last 390 days. I found that on 372 days, the sales tax rate for scbs was 17PoE, on 6 days it was 16PoE and on 12 days it was 18PoE.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jul 27, 2014 8:05:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Something not mentioned - please note when you order CB you get more than 1 per order.
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Jul 28, 2014 6:58:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Another point that I would like to, uh, point (._.) out is that very few people buy cannonballs from the orders menu anyways, unless they're attempting to get cannonballs for cheap and resell them dockside at a higher price. Oh, just a note about this tactic guys: if the stall that you're ordering cheaper from isn't immediate delivery, you run a high risk of having your order and its poe investment lost indefinitely from that stall and it laborers going afk. I recently "lost" 200k of cannonballs that way. Best to make your own cannonballs just for the security, I say. :p

Anyways, back to the main point: order price isn't really that important as having your cannonballs on the dockside market. You would be better off overall ordering from yourself and selling dockside.

Edit One: gosh darn, typos

[Edit 1 times, last edit by WutaiWeb at Jul 28, 2014 3:17:20 PM]
[Jul 28, 2014 3:16:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates