• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 898 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
WutaiWeb

Question about IO/VR pay penalties Reply to this Post

Ahoy.

1) Does anyone know if pay is reduced with the presence of swabbies in Imperial Outposts and Viking Defenses.

2) I suppose also, does anyone know if pay scales with the number of players aboard.

I ask these because I typically do small Imperial Outposts and Viking Raids on a baghlah (easy IOs yay!) with about 7-10 people. [I only purchase established/fortified VRs, fortified nonsinking IOs, and established/fortified sinking IOs people, so the jobbers get paid something, I'm not a slave driver, really! D: ]

Anyways, from my time out doing those, I've started to suspect that pay will be reduced with the presence of swabbies in battle; sometimes we'll dip down to 3 to 5 people on the baghlah and have some swabbies to man the ship in the IOs, and the pay will appear to be lower but I can't really confirm if this is true or just randomness playing in. It would make sense to penalize pay for swabby presence, since a player could just solo steamroll small VRs and IOs with a war brig and its swabbies, but I don't know if this is the true case so wanted to confirm if anyone knew if it was.

Similarly, from the same observations, I suspect that the pay is decreased with less people too (scaling pay) but this could just be personal insanity, hard to say. Following the logic of scaling pay, though, a player could just load 30 people on a small IO/VR and get decent pay for everyone, which doesn't make sense and certainly isn't true from my experience. So I'm unsure if pay scales down for less players. @_@

So many questiooons. D:
----------------------------------------
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Jul 21, 2014 8:43:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates