• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1123 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Muan

Question about Speed Patching? Reply to this Post

I've heard some people say that to speed patch, it is to connect to the tie off as fast as possible, and if the grommets is close then use it but if it takes a few extra clicks then we don't use it.
I wanna connect to the tie offs as fast as possible so I replace, rotated, moved every piece until I connect the tie offs together, there are so many loose ends, and to solve it, I have to use the grommets right, then it took alot of time? I mean, it is normal right, to connect to the tieoff as fast as possible without caring much about the loose ends then when I connected the tieoff, then I use grommets to tie the loose ends?
And, one thing that decreased my speed is that when sometimes I rotate, or moved on pieces, the whole pieces gets connected, forming a bunch of connected yellow pieces, that makes me confused and I don't know how or where to start or connect the tie off together, in the end I wasted alot of time?
I need help on these problems please, thank you?
[Oct 15, 2013 8:56:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yashio

Re: Question about Speed Patching? Reply to this Post

You want to work the board use the right pieces, visualize where your grommets are in place and try to use pieces like corners and straight ones that do not branch at all to go directly from the spool to the tie-offs. Split off only when necessary to reach the tie-offs or if you see there are a lot of grommets in their starting position already placed there. This is just how I token patch but it's pretty fast so probably helps so

1. Use corners and straight pieces.
2. Try to limit use of T and + unless you can easily fix the loose ends.

By the way if you ever connect something and the whole board turns gold (exaggerated lol) freaking move the piece, replace it with something more simple :P
[Oct 15, 2013 12:41:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Muan

Oh, one more thing, when I watch speed patching video on youtube, I can't tell if they did this or not?
While they are trying to connect to the tie off as fast as possible, sometimes they use the grommets to tie the loose ends or don't care about the loose ends until the tieoff is connected then they use the grommets to tie off the loose ends, and their loose ends is much lesser than mine although they didn't care about it before until the end after they connect the tieoff?
So like them, I don't care about the loose ends until I connect the tieoff but my loose ends is so many, and in so much disorder, to fix that disorder, I wasted alot of time. But if I try caring about the loose ends and use grommets to tie it while connecting to the tie offs, alot of time are lost as well although the amount of loose ends after I connect to the tie off is reduced?
What should I do?
[Oct 15, 2013 7:34:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Muan

But people on youtube who speed patches uses the + and T as well even if there are no grommets near them, and it seems like when they move one pieces, the 'whole lanes' of the puzzle to the tie off is connected, increasing their speed to complete the puzzle?
[Oct 15, 2013 7:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates