• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1315 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
captainWMW

'Potentially Compromised Account' Reply to this Post

Hello dear pirates,

Today(Well around 30 minutes ago), I had been banned for the following reason "Potentially Compromised Account".

Although I somewhat understand what it means, 'Possibly Hacked Account', I fully don't understand the actual legit reason, because in my point of view, nothing new/different actually happened.

I don't want this to interfere with my appeal, I just wanted to know, what could be the other possible reason.

Thank you for reading,
Good day to you all,
~CaptainWMW.
[Oct 13, 2013 2:59:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: 'Potentially Compromised Account' Reply to this Post

Today(Well around 30 minutes ago), I had been banned for the following reason "Potentially Compromised Account".

Although I somewhat understand what it means, 'Possibly Hacked Account', I fully don't understand the actual legit reason, because in my point of view, nothing new/different actually happened.

I don't want this to interfere with my appeal, I just wanted to know, what could be the other possible reason.

For whatever reason, OOO thinks that someone other than you may have accessed your account, or at least tried to. You will probably need to prove that you own the account in order to be reinstated. But like you said, follow the usual ban appeal setup, and hopefully you can get your account back soon. (It took me several days, for what it's worth.)
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 13, 2013 3:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Re: 'Potentially Compromised Account' Reply to this Post

They banned your account to protect it. Nobody can steal your stuff if your account is banned.
----------------------------------------
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Oct 14, 2013 5:47:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates