• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1266 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
PPTamao

Anyone knows if there will be more islands colonized on Emerald? Reply to this Post

I know the population isn't exactly high at the moment, but I still wonder if more islands will be colonized in the future? Some archipelagoes still don't have a colonized island..

On related note, anyone remembers which island was last colonized on Emerald, and when did it happen?
----------------------------------------
Tamao of Emerald
[Sep 30, 2013 6:37:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Anyone knows if there will be more islands colonized on Emerald? Reply to this Post

I know the population isn't exactly high at the moment, but I still wonder if more islands will be colonized in the future? Some archipelagoes still don't have a colonized island..

On related note, anyone remembers which island was last colonized on Emerald, and when did it happen?

OOO has not allowed many islands to open in over 5 years, I suspect they will be even more reluctant now that the population has dropped. I hope OOO starts wiping islands and relocating all pirates/houses/stores/ported ships/etc. to nearby islands someday so that new islands can start to be opened.

The documentation in the yppedia seems incomplete, but if I read the official island opening thread correctly, the following are the last two rounds off island openings:

Aug 2006
Jul 2009
Nov 2011 (Both Hunter and Sage, wisely, choose to not open islands. I sure wish Cobalt did likewise.)
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 30, 2013 7:16:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Anyone knows if there will be more islands colonized on Emerald? Reply to this Post

I thought Brigand King Blockades were introduced in order to balance the overpopulation of islands. That was the unspoken intent, anyway. But BKs have turned out to be weaksauce.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Sep 30, 2013 10:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I thought Brigand King Blockades were introduced in order to balance the overpopulation of islands. That was the unspoken intent, anyway. But BKs have turned out to be weaksauce.

Pretty much. There have been several threads about ways to wipe islands; some of them have had decent ideas about how to make it less painful for shoppe owners. At some point, I hope something is done, because the oceans are too damn big at the moment.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 30, 2013 1:06:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I'd say there's zero chance of island openings until we have an island wiping mechanism and it's been used a lot of times. All of the oceans have probably twice as many islands as they need, at least. Either that or a massive influx of players, maybe a greenlight on Steam (oh wait ...) or something similar.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Sep 30, 2013 2:39:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I'd say there's zero chance of island openings until we have an island wiping mechanism and it's been used a lot of times.

It doesn't have to be used a lot of times; it can simply be used once per two islands wiped, for a gradual bring-down.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 30, 2013 2:54:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PPTamao

I'd say there's zero chance of island openings until we have an island wiping mechanism and it's been used a lot of times. All of the oceans have probably twice as many islands as they need, at least. Either that or a massive influx of players, maybe a greenlight on Steam (oh wait ...) or something similar.

Greenlight is Steam's mechanism of adding new games; it can't be applied to Puzzle Pirates, since they are already on Steam.

Adding Steam Trading Cards, or perhaps doing some other form of advertisement is the only thing that would help.
Tamao of Emerald
[Oct 3, 2013 12:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

PPTamao wrote: 
Greenlight is Steam's mechanism of adding new games; it can't be applied to Puzzle Pirates, since they are already on Steam.

That would be the joke that was being made...
[Oct 3, 2013 1:41:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates