• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3445 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
xelto

Conquerer reputation Reply to this Post

I've decided that I really want that shiny noted corsair's throne. The problem I have is that I have no conquerer reputation, and the things that ramp up the conquerer rep either I'm not ecstatic about (BKs, IOs, VRs), or that only occur at odd intervals (skellies/zombies, blockades).

Given that it's looking like I'm going to have to grind out to get my shiney seat, what is the fastest way to get conquerer to illustrious? Can I buy a zillion BK compasses, and then lose on purpose?

(Just as an aside for my hearties who invite me on BKs and the like... I'm not opposed to doing them, go ahead and continue inviting me on them. I just do them sporadically enough that I'll never hit illustrious just doing ones I get invited onto. I'm going to have to make a conscious, concerted effort, and want to know on a time-to-return basis what's best.)
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Sep 23, 2013 6:08:37 PM]
[Sep 23, 2013 6:04:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Conquerer reputation Reply to this Post

I don't know what the easiest/fastest way to get it is, but when I got mine I got it by running hilariously large amounts of small sinky IOs / medium VRs on a baghlah. Skellies/zombies don't spawn often enough but if you see them while you're not on a trip, do go for them :P
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 24, 2013 4:36:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

if you dont mind sinking poe for that illustrious conqueror thingy, buy plenty of small VR

those are easily beatable with 2 average gunners on a cutter due to the extra swabbies who would be helping fight the frays.. its not necessarily a sinking poe venture though, i think you can still break even on cost with 2 person onboard
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Sep 24, 2013 11:01:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

if you dont mind sinking poe for that illustrious conqueror thingy, buy plenty of small VR

Nope, I'm planning on buying my way to this trophy. Thanks for the tip.
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 24, 2013 1:43:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

2 questions:
1. Would size of VR make a difference?

2. Does winning/loosing make a difference?

Thanks. :)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Sep 24, 2013 2:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I think Atlantean citadels score you conqueror, maybe job on loads of cit runs?
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Sep 24, 2013 3:01:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I think Atlantean citadels score you conqueror, maybe job on loads of cit runs?
Nope, that's explorer.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Sep 24, 2013 3:19:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

I've gotten numerous people Illustrious conqueror.

The going rate seems to be about 30 BKs in a span of 2 days or less, though I cannot be entirely sure. Possibly less now since everyone's at school/work.

You can spawn BKs and lose to them repeatedly, but you have to wait for them to grapple and lose. And I do believe (though I cannot prove) that losing to a BK gives you less conqueror rep than winning. You do get rep though.

Though now that I think about it, it should be that both situations give the same?

Ok, now I'm confused.

Then I think that if you were to spend the time waiting for them to grapple, you might as well come with me xD

In regards to the other methods, I personally think that they are a lot slower to get to illustrious, just because all the maps are at set points.

Having to spend the time to sail from one to the other and then dealing with the inevitable spawn that comes after... just no.

Buying them at any EH makes them spread out far more than is necessary.

Exceptions are the ones bought at Armstrong.

Each VR takes 5 mins from start to get to the island (I timed it once), and then another 2-3 minutes for the fray.

It takes about 7-12 mins per BK compass including the fray for me. Average about 4.5 -5.5 compasses an hour.

Less during slow hours and longer rejobs.

I do think that since the IO and VR maps are not used up if they are not won, they do not award Conqueror reputation.

I've never had my rep increase during losses (Source: I've done 200+ VRs, 200+ non-sinky and about 100+ sinky. Fair share of losses when I go with randoms.)
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Squishat at Sep 24, 2013 8:15:05 PM]
[Sep 24, 2013 7:57:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I got it in about a week with BK compasses, the problem now is sloops arent spawning anymore for BKs. I don't know why but in about 300 attempts this week I got 1 sloop. I did an occasional skelly/zombie also.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Sep 24, 2013 9:37:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I got it in about a week with BK compasses, the problem now is sloops arent spawning anymore for BKs. I don't know why but in about 300 attempts this week I got 1 sloop. I did an occasional skelly/zombie also.

Additional bot means you have 5 ppl on your ship, so a sloop with 7 would be not enough advantage on the BK side except for Finius.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Sep 24, 2013 11:50:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

It has to do with the additional swabbies they put on the ships.

If you dismiss one off the sloops, it will spawn sloop finius.
on Emerald

===
[Sep 24, 2013 11:50:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cybertox

Do not waste your dubs on that barnacle, you cant sit on it anyway. Just go to furnisher and watch the image for free.
[Sep 25, 2013 7:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Do not waste your dubs on that barnacle, you cant sit on it anyway. Just go to furnisher and watch the image for free.

I can't job people onto blinged-out ships if I don't bling them out. And if the only thing I used my dubs on was badges, I would be set for the next six years, roughly. Assuming I played every day and kept up my labor badge, neither of which happens all the time.
[Sep 25, 2013 1:22:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I did this with brand new greenie alt and no bots also. So no the extra bot was not a factor.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Sep 25, 2013 9:39:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cybertox

By doing so you raise dub prices, better give them to some greenie and become saint.
[Sep 26, 2013 12:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

By doing so you raise dub prices, better give them to some greenie and become saint.

Nope, Gurn buying his furniture effectively does nothing to the price of doubloons at this point. He quite clearly already has doubloons saved up, whether it be from purchasing them previously with PoE on the exchange (small, temporary increase in the PoE-Doubloon exchange rate at the time of purchase), or from purchasing them with real money (no change to the PoE-Doubloon exchange rate at any time, unless he decides to sell them).
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Sep 26, 2013 1:07:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cybertox

Why should he buy doubs for real cash if he had savings for 6 years?
I think if peeps stop wasting doubs on crap and buy only badges and ships (swords sometimes) then the doublon prices go down because of demand decrease.
[Sep 26, 2013 1:19:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

All right, having finally gotten my golden gauntlet, I thought I'ld pass along my experiences in case anyone in the future wants to know (and can actually find the thread):

Given that it's looking like I'm going to have to grind out to get my shiney seat, what is the fastest way to get conquerer to illustrious? Can I buy a zillion BK compasses, and then lose on purpose?

Losing to a BK does add to conquerer (I moved up one rank on a loss), but I don't think it's enough to attempt this approach. It would probably cost you about a 500k to a million PoE to do it that way.

Skellies, zombies, and brigand kings seem like the fastest approach on a time-to-reputation basis. Viking raids, flotillas, and blockades don't do it quite as fast. At least, it seemed to me that things went faster when I was doing BKs than when I was doing viking raid marathons. I can't tell you about imperial outposts, as I didn't do many of them. I suspect, but can't verify, that viking raids give you more reputation when you do them "fairly"-- that is, when you match your ship size to the number of raiders, not when you hit a small one with a war brig.

----

One last note: do werewolves help conqueror rep? They're not listed that way in the wiki, but it makes sense that they would.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Oct 6, 2013 6:34:32 PM]
[Oct 6, 2013 6:31:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trident_2K5

At least, it seemed to me that things went faster when I was doing BKs than when I was doing viking raid marathons.

Can't tell anything about BKs, but I logged out for a day just after gaining a new rep level several times, and by number of things I had to do to gain that rep level back, it seems that 1 skellie win roughly equals 2 successful viking raids on a sloop/dhow. I did it just a couple of times, however, not as any kind of systematic statistics gathering.
mostly offline.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Trident_2K5 at Oct 8, 2013 5:28:55 AM]
[Oct 8, 2013 5:27:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

FWIW, I was able to get Illustrious Conqueror (the first time, anyways) by doing ONLY small/med VR and small sinky IO. Using a baghlah has been suggested, and is a good idea, but I did mine on a junk, personally.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Oct 8, 2013 12:22:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Submits

xelto wrote: 
One last note: do werewolves help conqueror rep? They're not listed that way in the wiki, but it makes sense that they would.

i'm currently getting my conqueror reputation up with monster frays (faster spawning at the moment and all that), and can confirm that werewolves help conqueror reputation. mine has gone up after winning a werewolf fray.

i'm also keeping track of how long it takes for reputation to go up with these frays (on Emerald), if anyone is interested once i'm done.
[Oct 13, 2013 12:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Submits

i wrote: 
i'm also keeping track of how long it takes for reputation to go up with these frays (on Emerald), if anyone is interested once i'm done.

forgot to update my post. it took me the following amount of winning frays to reach each reputation level (each number is the total).

obscure: 1
rumored: 3
noted: 6
established: 12
renowned: 25
celebrated: 52
eminent: 105
illustrious: 257.

i do believe that by the time i got illustrious (11 days), my reputation was degrading. i would perhaps expect that if it was done in 10 days, 215 may have been a more likely number.

in conclusion, don't solely use monster frays to get illustrious conqueror unless you are crazy.
[Nov 14, 2013 7:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Thank you for your findings! Interesting to note!
on Emerald

===
[Nov 15, 2013 1:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

In conclusion, don't solely use monster frays to get illustrious conqueror unless you are crazy.

And don't use solely Viking Raids.... I didn't count, but I think it was around the same number (~20 per day, took 12 days)

I also notice a nearly-straight doubling pattern (probably nearly due to degradation over time). It has been rumored in the past that the same "doubling" applies to experience levels - i.e., if you just hit a level of exp, you're exactly halfway to the next level. It'd be interesting to see what else this applies to.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Nov 15, 2013 7:46:43 AM]
[Nov 15, 2013 7:44:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates