• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1258 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
tony6r

Another question about stalls.... yes i know Reply to this Post

Hello everyone,

Okay well from browsing i learned that weaver stalls make the most amount of poe. Well, atleast for a beginner like myself.

well, my questions

1. How much do you make a day from your weave stall

2. What island do you use & what is best.

3. Do you buy stock from the island or player? AND if i did chose the route of buying from island would i profit? (If so please give an estimate if you can)

4. How much to start with?

Can you please try to be very descriptive with your answers, i've been playing for 6 years + but i've never really got into the game like with stalls and other things like that. So if your talking about something 7/10 i wont know what your talking about. My objective is to build capitol fast.
[Sep 18, 2013 4:45:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Another question about stalls.... yes i know Reply to this Post

Would be helpful to state which ocean you reside on.
----------------------------------------
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Sep 18, 2013 12:15:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tony6r

meridian ocean sorry
[Sep 18, 2013 12:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

The problem is that shop keeping is a "pvp game". If someone tells you how he makes profits with a sail cloth only weaving store on meridian, he'd cut into his own profits by telling you, just to copy him. (on the other hand, just think about your costs(including labour, rent, shipping...) and the chances to sell and you'll find out yourself)
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Sep 18, 2013 3:12:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Boyscout9

My objective is to build capitol fast.

This will not happen initially but will happen over time. For instance, it took me 500k and 3 months to make a shipyard run on autopilot and produce nothing but profit. It also required a large labor force and a trade setup.

You need to decide several things before even beginning your stall. Are you transporting your own hemp or buying on the island? Is the island cheaper than transporting? Can you buy things dockside and still make a profit?

In order to pay for the dubs on labor badges you need to pay 16/17 for basic labor. Can you do this? Underpaying this amount will leave seasoned badge holders out of your hiring range. Are you running your own labor alts? If so do you know how many you need to maximize your stall? Are you using deluxe badges instead of basic badges?

What size stall are you running? Small stalls cannot hold a full boat of hemp, so do you have a storage boat for excess hemp for your stall?

How much start up money are you willing to invest? The smaller the number, the slower the growth to freedom and profit.

Remember you have to pay for the start up of the stall and the dub cost to open before you ever can claim profit.

What Island are you starting on? Is the weekly rent achievable with just sailcloth? How much sail cloth do you need to make to meet that? Can you make that much with the setup you've got?

Stalls require an immense amount of planning or startup capital to be "profitable". I never plan on a stall to create a profit sooner than 3 months. If it happens faster great, but remember you are entering a market with seasoned veterans who have loads of resources gathered over time.

You cannot assume the stall will build you capital fast. If you are going to do a weavry, first decide where you hemp is coming from and work from there.

I wish you luck. Last I saw you could make 4-6 poe per cloth transporting your hemp from malachite. That means you need to sell roughly 40,000 sail cloth per week to make 1,000 poe per day (depending on your weekly rent). Stalls are, for most of us owners, extra income and not what we depend on to make capital fast.

Now if have a lot of startup capital, look into black cloth...

Either way, as your first stall, you should expect to lose money until you learn your market, goods, and labor routes.

1. I do not own a we stall but I can make 100k a month from an IM just making cbs. Shipyard pulled in over 1mil in the last month thanks to the LEs.

2. I use the entire ocean and have a trade route backbone with 3 characters having the entire ocean memed for moving materials as needed.

3. Yes to both. You always profit moving your own stock.

4. You should have at least at a minimum either 100k in poe or a combination of 50k poe with labor already paid for and materials bid or bought. I started the shipyard with 300k. The IM I started with 10k and 50 dubs. Distill started with 200k. What you start with is whatever you want, just make a plan and work the plan.
[Sep 18, 2013 3:19:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

To be sure of this: Calculate how much the commod run saves you (including ecpected losses and rum) and consider how much you'd earn in the same time with another activities like pillaging. Also remember that hemp is really bulky and running ships smaller than MB really becomes a pita.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Sep 18, 2013 11:40:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Boyscout9

To be sure of this: Calculate how much the commod run saves you (including ecpected losses and rum) and consider how much you'd earn in the same time with another activities like pillaging. Also remember that hemp is really bulky and running ships smaller than MB really becomes a pita.

It's really nice that they upped swabbies so that running a MB doesn't require any real skill anymore. Absolutely no reason to run cutters anymore.
[Sep 19, 2013 4:53:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

And if you start this week, you get the bonus of no rent until the 3rd of October.

We are disabling rent for a 14-day period on all oceans to help out those pirates whose mercantile efforts were affected by the recent downtime. Rent will be switched back on on October 3rd.

[Sep 19, 2013 5:16:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates