• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5031 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
flurysn5

What's the best Stall/shop to make money from? Reply to this Post

I'm looking to run a stall and wanted to know what general consensus is on the stalls that are easiest to run with the greatest profit. Suggestions?
[Sep 16, 2013 6:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

Re: What's the best Stall/shop to make money from? Reply to this Post

At one point or another, I have run all of the different types of stalls/shoppes and I think that the weaving stall is probably the easiest to run and make poe. I mostly make sail cloth at my weave stall. You only need ONE commodity (hemp) to make it and bids on hemp are usually between 2 and 5 poe/unit. Sail cloth is always in demand, but you might need to sail it to another island to sell it for the most profit. I build up a large quantity (you can carry quite a bit on a sloop), then check http://yarrg.chiark.net/intro to see where to sail it to get the highest profit.

TIPS:
*Check around the ocean to find a location where you are relatively close, if not on an island that spawns hemp.
*Look at Start-Up and weekly Rent costs. Although these often change when the island changes hands, it is good to try finding one in the beginning that has low costs so your profits aren't immediately used.

In addition, many people prefer to open stalls/shoppes that have a puzzle that they personally find easy so that they know that they will always have at least one staff member to fill the orders, lol.
----------------------------------------
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Sep 16, 2013 10:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jsherriff

I would think a tailor stall or shoppe, but also shipyards can bring in a lot of income, due to the fact some people buy ships etc.
Do what you can to succeeded. Take a knife and cut someones rectum out and feed it to the if you must. To succeeded. You and your lord against the world. I'm an old booty player...
[Sep 17, 2013 5:10:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I would NOT recommend a tailor shoppe. They aren't easy to run, require a fair amount of capital to stock with all the colors, and are most profitable when paired with a fully stocked and running weavery, so that would be 2 shoppes to run. Also, since they started giving away clothes in SMH, I don't think they do very well.

A weavery that does only sailcloth makes a lot of sense, so I second that opinion.

An IM is also easy to start up, in my opinion, selling CBs only. Iron is the easiest bulk commod to run, and if you set up at the end of a pillage route and self-supply labor, you can sell your cbs with a decent profit. You will need some wood as well, but a lot less than iron. Once you get the hang of it, expanding into swords can be very profitable as well. Expanding into the multiple colors in the weavery, less so.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Sep 17, 2013 7:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

While a weavery only producing sail cloth can make a profit if run correctly, it won't be a big profit if you count in labour. On the other hand the "easy" shops as distillery and IM are not that profitable either if you limit yourself to balls/rum/hemp oil

All the other shops need a bigger investment (poe and time) and even then may not be that profitable.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Sep 17, 2013 7:51:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flurysn5

What have you had success with?
[Sep 17, 2013 10:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I have run a Distillery, Weavery, and Tailor (together with the weavery).

The most success I have had was with the Distillery (and I paid 75 poe for expert!) Hemp oil is a good poe maker.

Sail cloth is also a good poe maker. My weavery does well, the tailor does "meh".

I decided to drop the distillery as the weavery was simply more fun, at least for me. :)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Sep 17, 2013 12:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

What have you had success with?

I've had some form of success with all of them. But if you've never done any shopkeeping, IMs are the easiest to learn the ropes from, and see where/if you want to go from there.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 17, 2013 1:53:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates