• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 854 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
mmarple

Teams of ? for rumble Reply to this Post

I've always been told teams of two or 3 but a mate told me it's 3 or 4 for rumble. I was told that the bots stall with over 3 on them. Any other opinions?

Sorry if this has been asked before but search function doesn't work.
----------------------------------------
Megomargo on Emerald
[Sep 11, 2013 7:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Teams of ? for rumble Reply to this Post

Bots stall (play slower) when they are being attacked, more people will make them stall more. Usually at 4 or more it reaches level "very noticable" and at 1, one usually cannot send enough attacks to kill them without risking the bot making large clears. While this applies to both rumble and SF, in rumble games, sprinkle attacks stack. (5 players sending 5 sprinkles in rumble at the same time results in one attack of 25 sprinkles, 5 players sending 5 sprinkles in SF result in 5 attacks of 5 sprinkles), so one could argue that teams larger than 3 are not as bad in rumble.

Typically, the standard 2 or 3 are still found to be the best and most balanced choice though.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 11, 2013 8:18:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Yeah, the difference is not in the stalling but in the attack mechanics. In SF, you can only receive one attack per drop, so if you make a bot stall and several people are sending small attacks, it will take a long time for a large attack to land. In rumble, sprinkles stack so if 4 people send a row of sprinkles, the bot will get 4 rows, so stalling isn't as effective.

I think strikes stack as well as sometimes you get punched from both corners at once, but that might just be if you receive one very big strike.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Sep 12, 2013 10:30:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Two-cornered strikes can be caused by one person setting off a chain with both hands, one right after the other (the ol' one-two). That doesn't rule out the possibility of strikes from multiple players stacking, though.
[Sep 12, 2013 1:43:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates