• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1253 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
TexasBeesh

Non-Sinking Blockade and ship use Reply to this Post

/me kicks the search button... ;)

If a ship is not set to "battle ready", can it be brought into a non-sinking blockade?

From the yppedia:

Crew Use: All officers in the crew have officer privileges, but only the deed holder may enter sinking blockades, flotillas, Imperial outposts, or sea monster encounters with that ship. Any officer may, however, enter non-sinking flotillas. Setting a ship on Crew Use does not prevent any crew officer from charting and sailing that ship during a time of war.

It says nothing about non-sinking blockades. And if the blockade becomes sinking all of a sudden, what happens with the "Crew Use" ships that are on the board?

I was asked this question and I do not play this aspect of the game (except jobbing), therefore could not give an answer.

Thank you!
----------------------------------------
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Sep 5, 2013 6:58:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistivz

Re: Non-Sinking Blockade and ship use Reply to this Post

Im not an expert on this stuff but from what I've seen or a long as o've been on this game a blockade cannot just automatically turn into sinking. I thought (i'm not 100% sure so not BS'ing if i am wrong XD) it had to be chosen to be sinking or non-sinking when you declare it. Maybe not idk XD
Pzzl
#Can'tStopWontStop #MileyCirussTwerrrk
[Sep 5, 2013 7:22:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Ok so I found this on the wiki:

The defending flag may choose to make the blockade sinking. To do so, the defending flag must declare war on at least one of the contending flags. This can be done at any time. If the blockade has already started, the change takes effect at the start of the next round. Attackers do not have any control over whether the blockade will be sinking, even if two contenders are at war with each other, the blockade will not be sinking unless one of them is at war with the defender.

This answers the question of "what happens with the "Crew Use" ships that are on the board?"

They are not allowed on the board for the next round as it is sinking.

But are they allowed on the board at all is the main question.
[Sep 5, 2013 8:12:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

Any unlocked ship is allowed for non sink . If war is declared during R 1 , Round 2 would become sinking. Therefore only permitting sea battle ready ships permission to enter in round 2 or for the rest of the duration of the blockade.
Blackhammer.
[Sep 5, 2013 8:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Any unlocked ship is allowed for non sink.

Thank ye! Yes I got the 2nd half of the question from the wiki.
[Sep 5, 2013 8:55:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Yep definitely.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Sep 5, 2013 10:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistivz

Ok so I found this on the wiki:

The defending flag may choose to make the blockade sinking. To do so, the defending flag must declare war on at least one of the contending flags. This can be done at any time. If the blockade has already started, the change takes effect at the start of the next round. Attackers do not have any control over whether the blockade will be sinking, even if two contenders are at war with each other, the blockade will not be sinking unless one of them is at war with the defender.

This answers the question of "what happens with the "Crew Use" ships that are on the board?"

They are not allowed on the board for the next round as it is sinking.

But are they allowed on the board at all is the main question.

Okay that makes since
Pzzl
#Can'tStopWontStop #MileyCirussTwerrrk
[Sep 5, 2013 5:44:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I have updated the article "Lock" to reflect these facts. It is a shame that that omission stood for so long. Is there any other article that is problematic?
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Sep 5, 2013 10:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Just btw you can search forums by typing in google.com this:

site:forums.puzzlepirates.com non-sinking blockade and ship use

or whatever you want to look up!
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Sep 5, 2013 11:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Yeah, still could not find what I wanted. :)

Thank you LJ :D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TexasBeesh at Sep 6, 2013 5:50:48 AM]
[Sep 6, 2013 5:49:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates